Term 5 - Sercetary of War

Rihiter

Lord of War
Office of the Secretary of War.

Secretary of War: Rihiter
Cartographer: nominee Oldbus ( waiting for his confirmation )
Background: Our military is strong enough for the objectives I would like to realize.

My objectives: are as follows...
Expansion - Raze the Mongols:
1) End the war with a Peace Treaty (10t) + suitable ransom ( math would be the best )
2) 10 turns fore economy stabilization and regrouping our military forces
3) Final strike againts Mongols, razing them from the surface of this planet.

Defence - after the Mongol War: after razing Mongols, my main objective will be to ensure safety to our borders and territories.
1) I would like to strenght our border cities ( Turfan, Toot Unknowh, Nian-hasia , and Beshbalik in the future ). To obtain this, there is a plan of fortifing 2 archers and 1 axe in each of those cities.
2) Estabilishing watching points which will prevent barbarians from apearing inside our territory. Warriors will be used to this task.
3) Rest of our military forces will be quartered in central cities of main regions in our empire.

Our future: After razing Mongols and attaining defensive goals I would gladly let our cities to concentrate on economy and science. I have no other plans for war then The Mongol War.
It would be most welcome if our scientists, during that period of peace and harmony, would acquire knowledge which will let us to build catapults.

List of units, location and their current assignment as of the end of "Term 4, Game Session ?, Sat. Apr 29 - Game Date of starting turn"

Due to the state of war most of our millitary forces are located in the front line.
This are:
9 axemans
2 spearmans
1 swordsman
2 wariors
2 war chariots

Other forces are used as town defence and patroling units.
This are:
6 archers
1 warrior
1 swordsman

More specific localizations will be shown on maps.

Every unit fortified in city is under that city governor orders.
!!!I take control of all other units due to the state of war!!!

I see no reason of building Swordsman in Abydos. I ask the governor of that city to change it to archer.
I see no reason of building War Chariot in Toot Uncomon and Archer in Old-Sarai. I have no requests for governors of those cities.

If I may request, what are the plans for winning the Mongolian war?

We do need to make sacrifices in our economy in order to prevent our troops from vanishing off the face of the virtual Civ4 world.

Well after 10turn peace treaty I'm planning to conquer them completly. We have 9 axes and 2 swords ( +one which is built in BW ) so there shouldnt be any problem in taking two cities.

Notice that Mongols have their two major cities left, so we should get at least 200gp from pilagging ( I think that there will be something about 250gp ). Also we curently have to many troops and we are paying for them too much gold, so we must use them in action. Some of them will die during the fights, and the rest will take control of new, big and prospering cities. After capturing Karakorum and Beshbalik I have no further conquest plans, I would rather like us to found more cities inside our territory ( there are many good locations ).

Mr Secretary

What are you intentions since the Mongolians refuse to talk to us. Might I suggest you pull our troops back to give the Mongolians some time to calm down and come to the bargining table. We would really like to get math from them.

Cartography Office

Many thanks for the support from Rihiter and robboo. I will try to upload some new maps in the next day or so. Meanwhile I'm going to update the Atlas in the Information Department thread in the Citizens forum.

Dear Secretary Robboo

I also want us to get Math from mongols. In my opinion they will speak to us in a couple of turns. But I want to leave all the forces capable to fight inside their territory or at the front line. Pulling our troops back could be interpreted as our weaknes, please remember how agressive and determinated Ghingis is. He is rather that kind of person who understands the power of the sword then the power of words and good intentions. That is why my decision is to leave our troops at the front line, pillage their lands and intercept as many of their units as it's posibble.
This will also prohibit them from gathering many troops inside their cities, and make those cities almost impossilble to capture during the second phase of the war.

Mr Secretary

You still need to post instructions to yourself in the insturction thread so the citizens may comment. Also...based on last terms decisions you are not authorised to make any offensive moves with our military. The war our people supported has been achieved and I feel you need more approval to make anything that is considered an offensive move. Approval must be in a form approved by our CoL...curretnly teh overwelming mandate( discusion) is for peace. I am not above using a STOP play order to make sure the peoples wishes are heard and followed.

//game mechanics..AI..if you keep beating on them they will not come to the bargining table.

Secretar Robboo, as you can clearly read from my posts my first intenion is to sign a peae treaty. So pleas don't insinuate that I want to make something which might be considerated an offensive move. Polling back like a whining dog isn't the way of victorious army. If I will pull the troops now, when the enemy is weak and defencelles, it would be an insult to the memory of those who have died during this war. So I will reapeat one more time: My intention is to sign a peace treaty, but I will do it with a sword in my hand and Khan on his knees, not vice versa.

Rollplay is great..but the game mechanics are not quite like that. Thats all I am saying.

Mr Secetary of War, sir, Auda City is building barracks currently. They will be completed in 18 turns. I don't see us speeding up the production any, because we are currently working the squares with the most hammers, and even when we grow in 8 turns, I rather have the new citizen working on the pigs.

Since I believe nothing can get done in the government, without communication and unity, I need a decision from you. Shall I continue the barracks, since we might be re-declaring war on the mongols in 11 turns or more (1 turn to declare peace, and a 10 turn peace treaty) or do you have a unit request for me to build?

Drop a post with a suggestion or anwser in the Term 5 Governor of Auda City Thread.

Cartography Office

Date: 785 AD

Please also see the Great Atlas posts in the Information Department thread in the Citizen's forum for more maps.

Boaring Wallow area

Micalian's Gate area

Abydos and Auda City area

Old Sarai and Toot Uncommon area

New Port City (Karakorum) and Fort Impervious (Beshbalik) area

Ning-hsai and Northern Germany area

Northern Russia area

AWESOME job as always Oldbus

MR SoW

Friendly reminder...You can not take a garrison unit from a city without approval of the governor. In your instructions you are moving an archer from TU to Ning... This is an illegal order.

I expect this order will be corrected. Otherwise you might have to face the wrath of Donsig.

I will ask the gavernor. I'm quite sure that he will aprove that order, mainly because he will recive an axeman insted of archer to protect city soroundings.

p.s. Thanks for reminder.

no problem...we might want to have all the garrison units renamed. I didnt think it would be a problem but I didnt think about the transfer of power to another SoW.

Top Bottom