Term 8 Legislative Debates

naervod

My current user title
All candidates for Legislative positions should respond to these debate questions. Feel free to make any political speech you feel necessary, but please stay on topic.

1. Why are you running for the position you are running for?
2. Are you running for 2 positions? If so, which ones? If you win both positions, which would you take?
3. What qualifications and experience do you have for the position you are running for?
4. How do you feel about turn-chats and is your position that they should continue as is, or do you favor the concept of private/closed door turn sessions by the DP? What about an offline turn 0 or prechat moves?
5. Are you familiar with all of our laws? When is it appropriate to not follow the laws?
6. Explain in one sentence why the citizens should vote for you instead of your opponents.
7. What plans and ideas do you have for your province during Term 8?
8. What difficulty level do you normally play the Civilization 3 game at?
9. If not Emperor or higher, do you feel comfortable playing at an Emperor level in this game?
10. Do you have a working Civilization 3 game patched to version 1.29?
11. Are turn chats a luxury or a nessessity for a Governor?
12. If offered a leader position and a governor position, which would you take?

I like being a Governor and I'd also like to name the Province.

2. Are you running for 2 positions? If so, which ones? If you win both positions, which would you take?

Just this. Time is expensive these days.

3. What qualifications and experience do you have for the position you are running for?

I've been a Governor at least 4 times, a Mayor at least 3 times, and have held other Govt. Positions.

4. How do you feel about turn-chats and is your position that they should continue as is, or do you favor the concept of private/closed door turn sessions by the DP? What about an offline turn 0 or prechat moves?

Turn Chats are great. Offline Pre-Turns would be acceptable.

5. Are you familiar with all of our laws? When is it appropriate to not follow the laws?

Yup. - When you're not in the Demogame

6. Explain in one sentence why the citizens should vote for you instead of your opponents.

Again, I'm not sure that anyone will get a chance to vote for me, but beyond that, I promise to have free beer and doughnuts at the innaugural party...

Right now, I see the young Province just helping Fanatika with its plans for world domination.

Regent.

9. If not Emperor or higher, do you feel comfortable playing at an Emperor level in this game?

Piece of cake

Yup.

I still think they are both luxury and necessity. It always helps if Governors are in attendance and it's certainly worth your while.

I believe right now, that I'd rather be Governor of Wine And Dine Province than Domestic Leader :), due to time constraints.

-New Japan was where I started in the government. It has a lot of history for me. I tried my hand at Domestic, but it proved too much for me. Therefore I am retreating a step back to my starting place.

-Nope, can't.

-I was governor of NJ 2 terms ago, and I was Domestic Leader last term.

-I like t/c's. They're good as they are. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

-Yes, I have become well acquainted with our laws. The only time it is appropriate to break protocol is when there is an essential action that needs to be undertaken and can't be avoided, but the leader with the appropriate power is unavailable.

-Because I'm a lot cooler. :p No, seriosuly, I have a lot of experience in this job and have the mindset necessary to ensure that orders get their on time and get carried out properly.

-I intend to turn NJ into an Arsenal of Monarchy; I will build up its industry and cities, and do my best to churn out the war machines the Military needs (and the workers needed to modernize our nation into an effective war machine.)

-I usually play at regent, but I have played and had fair success on higher levels.

-If I have to....

-Ja. :)

-Almost a nessessity. I will try to attend as many T/C's as possible, because I feel it makes it easier to get my point across and ensure that my orders are followed.

-I have played my hand at being a Leader, and found it too labor-intensive. I am incredibly busy with research papers and ES Regents review, so I would take the simpler governor position,

I am running for Science because I like and know alot about science. I'm running for Governor of Southwest Province because it has my own city ;) (and I need something to do)

Yes, running for Governor and Science Leader, If I win both, probably Governor. Need to revive my involvment slowly.

3. What qualifications and experience do you have for the position(s) you are running for?
For Science Leader: I have been Science Leader 3 times, know the A.I. habits in the tech-tree, know the tech-tree by heart. Also i have been involved in the Science Dept. almost every term since DG1.
For Governor: I have been governor twice before in the first Demogame, and I have know I'm skilled at build queues

I like the Turn Chat's as they are presently.

I am familiar with most of the laws of Fanatika. It is almost never appropriate to no follow the laws.

Because of my experience.

I plan to make it the best it can be.

I normally play regent to emperor.

9. I.f not Emperor or higher, do you feel comfortable playing at an Emperor level in this game?
Yes I do

Yup.

A nessessity because a Governor's queue might change, and they must be there to make the judgement.

Depends on the Leader and Governor Position.

Stuck: Gubernatorial Candidate for Taliesin

I have ran this province for the last 3 terms. I grew it into an industrial province. I wanna keep going!

No

I have been governor for the last 3 terms of this province. Before that, Rhineland. Prior, a failed stint as domestic leader, with science before that.

Keep them as is! So what if they are really really long. We need them. Closed door would just stunt our growth. And as for ofline 0 moves, go ahead. Saves us more time for battle.

I try my best. Its not really okay, but its ok when in terms of checking move time et all.

Vote SaaM: Low relocation bills to move a few inches in a chair!

Morgana will become a new Elephante if I can work with it enough. I hope to get it to pump out tanks at an alarming rate. I also want to get a factory in all cities to make sure the dams go well.

Regent- A deity game gone horribly wrong.

Im okay with this.

Yes

Nessessity! We need to know how our wars are going!

Governor

I am running for governor because hey, it's fun.
Nope.
I was Eldarinórë's only previous governor.
I feel that turnchats should stay the way they are, except that queues should be changed in an offline preturn, as that takes FAR too long to accomplish.
Familiar with most of them, and feel that if you wish to break a law, you should also break a bone as penitence.
I have no opponents, that's why!
I plan on increasing prodution in my province. Bombay is currently a worker factory, and I intend to keep it that way. Calcutta has high potential production, which is just beginning to be realized. Lahore also has a high potential production, but much is taken by waste and low population. Minas Alcar has prospects to be a very productive city, once it has lower corruption and more industrialization. Oh, one last note: The Elves of Fanatika are rallying to have the first national park created in the forest between Lahore and Minas Alcar. So no building there!
I currently play at Monarch.
Relatively comfortable in Emperor
Doesn't everyone?
Necessity, it's nice ot be able to correct the DP if something goes wrong or they just can't understand your instructions.
Governor... for now.

I am the current governor of The North Province and am quite attached to its lands, people and history. I run an active province with chat suggestions posted in the province thread for review and change before making them official in the instruction thread. I encourage active mayorships and TNP has more mayors (and, dare I say, more quality active mayors) than any other province. It's a dream province and I can't bear to leave it.

No. I have no desire for another position.

I have diety level experience in the Civ3 game itself. I have been involved in the government of DG1 and DG2 for every term (except a couple at the beginning of this game when mods were banned from government). I am the current governor of TNP and have continued Cyc's tradition of honest and open governing to make TNP the greatest province in Fanatika.

I'm neutral on turn chats themselves. On one hand there seem to be a lot of short chats for non-game reasons and that is bad for the game. On the other hand the chats are an important aspect of the game for many of our players. If we were polling I would abstain.
Offline prechat is, in my opinion, a necessity. Running through the instruction thread online is a foolish and time wasting event. The chat gets roudy and ridiculous as the DP is gone for long periods of time setting queues and population assignments. As the DP is only following posted instructions in this phase there is simply no need to go through the hassle and ineficiency of a chat while doing it.

Yes, I wrote most of them. You should always try to follow the laws. If there's a problem with them, get them changed. Any citizen can do so with some time and effort.

I am the most qualified and experienced candidate for Governor of The North Province. I am also the incumbent candidate so there will be no "ramp up" needed or change in provincial mindset to affect the efficiency of the province.

Hopefully Denver will already be secured. If not, bringing that rogue city under Fanatikan control is priority #1. Other than that my priorities are to grow the provincial production centers once hospitals are discovered. Kuhkaff will be allowed to grow to its maximum size to take advantage of the bountiful hills and mountains around it. Naerva will be grown as well although this may require sacrifices at Valhalla. Androbius will also be a major production center. Bavaria, our fair capital, will be expanded as much as possible and as much as cooperation with Taliesin and SW province allow.

I split time between Emperor and Diety.

n/a

Yes

See question #4 above. This question is a repeat.

I would take this governor position.

Top Bottom