• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Term III Debate and Prime Faction Registration Forum

So PF registration is officially over?

I believe that's what we wanted. But then again, I was wrong about the patch (forgot about the HOF). We have two contenders. That's all I've seen show interest.

Membership looks like:
POK - Vandal Warlord, thecommonnate, 1889, Gnoman Empire, Duke Blackstone
Warlords - Provolution (Allied with the POK)
COA - civplayah, vra379971

ice2k4 started the Aretan facion back in June, but his last post was June 17th. I doubt he wants to run.

So let the debates begin....

I would personally like to know what each faction plans on doing about Babylon.

The Cycles of Arete cycles through the aspects and elements of the game, and if the people of Aretania want war, we can bring war, but I'll need some help from DaveShack.

The obvious question there being what is X?

How will your faction stand with RP? What are some of the things you will do to enhance it or will you do anything?

What are some of your ideas regarding an increase in momentum to the DG?

First out, our faction, if it wins, would get the history up to speed, as it was written, and find ways to engage players in various aspects of our nation. Having it running as a small circle succession game may be fun to a few civ veterans, but simply does not generate the numbers needed to allow for a good demogame with a larger audience and participation.

With some vibrant factions, and some real focus on the development of separate cities, not merely used as tools for 2-3 core players with 3-4 others giving input from time to time, we would get a larger game, in many ways.

RP is the weakest element, and there are a few unsuccessful RP threads that have some good ideas, so the Cycles would be glad to participate in some of these RP threads.

In answer to your second question, the Cycles have a council meeting very frequently, so if the Cycles win, the game will get moving by that and by the turnchats that we hope to do.

I have not yet decided which faction will gain the support of the Protectors, but I am leaning towards CoA. I need more info and time to read through the forum though, and I would like more info on RP as well.

RP is half of the game (gameplay being the other half) and it must be treated as such. I suggest that some of the old threads that got a spark but then died, like "Dayton's Diaries" and "Assassins, Agents, Defection, oh my!" be revived. I also suggest creating new threads, maybe a "History of Arete- The Arkadian Dynasties." (I loved the Triad one, and was disappointed when there was no continuing. We shall try to strengthen RP because RP gets people interested and everyone knows we need more participation.

Let me ask you this, Vandal. If your two generals want to send one stack in opposite directions, and you are playing the turnchat, what would you do? In this scenario, they will not accept splitting the stack up, and both of them want the stack to attack in their spot first, so it won't get weakened. If you go with one general, the other will quit. What will you do?

Yes, and then we need to have one of the HOF-experts to alter our save, so it's compatible with the new patchlevel. Gyathaar has done this for us in a previous game.

presumably its just the same thing you had to do every other time a save had to be upgraded following a patch. Its not too challenging so long as the game didn't have modified assets locked anyways, that and someone remembers the admin password.

As unbiased as I am trying to remain, I must answer your question, civplayah, with another question.

Would your reaction to a split council decision regarding the movement of an army be any different then Vandal's?

In this Military Advisor siuation, I would like to toss in a suggestion.

For the POK, VW is Prince (or King). Advice from his underlings is funneled to him through his Regent. If his Military Advisors deal with the same units, both will present a plan through the Regent to the King. If these plans are different, the Regent can propose what he thinks is the best plan, showing the other as an alternate. Then the King can make his decision. With no input from the Regent, that step is omitted and the King makes his decision on the info supplied. He is King after all. His Advisors give him advise. It would be the same if he were President. The President's Advisors do not tell him what to do. They present the best options in their opinion. If the King/Prince/President decides in error, it is he who must face the music. Advisors can come and go at the Leaders whim.

Same wih the COA. It will be run by a King, civplayah. The King listens to the advise of his Council and makes a decision. His Council will be larger than two Military Advisors, so his work and decision will be a little harder. But he will still be responsible for the outcome of that decision.

I'm not seeing a major difficulty here.

Top Bottom