Terra Incognita - Expand and Parley - New massive GMR game :D

Slvynn

Duke Vector fon Pixel
New game idea... i dont know if its find support, but i hope it will

Large Terra Map , Standard Speed
Large Terra is really huge map where all players start at one big continent, while other being populated by barbs and CS.
Lots of CS. Aviable Victories: Diplomatic, Conquest.
Civs Disalowed to pick: Sweden , Greece, Siam, Austria, Polynesia
Turn timer = 1 day
Other civs aviable:
Naval civs – will have powers once we get into exploration
Land War Civs will have advantage on home land
Tech (Carebear) Civs – will be first to tech and will have advanced stuff both on home land and on Terra Incognita

Point is on very special game where people start on one big continent, but also have option to expand further, gaining new allies. Science victory and culture are off, so it wont end fast, the point is or to be chosen by Diplomacy (many CS (whcih we will need fight for) and player support) or conquest.
This promises long intence game based on diplomacy & expansion .
Also Espionage galore: tech stealing , coups! :D
Players will need to hold their homes, fight for CS influence thru quests, and fight over "New World". Obcourse diplomacy allows that some players deicide clear winner and vote for him.
10 players game, we could make standard map if we get only 8 but i think we get more.
Please sign up here 1st.

Accepting players, please sign in :)

I would like to join in and pick Spain, if there's no objection.

sure, just join game and pick spain
They are one of good choices for this setting, and this map also makes them good choice, but mind there will be ancient combat oriented civs to fight on home land, speed-techers, and powerful naval civs, so to use your spain powers you will need to go thru some challenges of your neighbors who know what is spain about before it's coming to settling the Terra :D

They are one of good choices for this setting, and this map also makes them good choice, but mind there will be ancient combat oriented civs to fight on home land, speed-techers, and powerful naval civs, so to use your spain powers you will need to go thru some challenges of your neighbors who know what is spain about before it's coming to settling the Terra :D

Yes, it will be a nice challenge :)

At first I was thinking of picking Polynesia and run to the new world before everyone :lol:

Yes, it will be a nice challenge :)

At first I was thinking of picking Polynesia and run to the new world before everyone :lol:

thought about this too.. but this will lower your early power at homeland where u must have some ability to protect from invading legions and elephants :D

I picked Rome. But i beware of invading mountain-crossing elephants...

good pick, Rome and Carthage will meet again :D

thought about this too.. but this will lower your early power at homeland where u must have some ability to protect from invading legions and elephants :D

I've never played with Polynesia, but the Civilopedia says:

"Wayfinding

Can embark and move over Oceans immediately."

If one can do it immediately and spawns near the coast, you could take your first settler and warrior directly to the other continent. Of course you will lose turns to the other civs until you settle, but then you would have the advantage of being alone in the other continent for a couple of eras. I don't know how viable would that strategy be in practice tough.

I've never played with Polynesia, but the Civilopedia says:

"Wayfinding

Can embark and move over Oceans immediately."

If one can do it immediately and spawns near the coast, you could take your first settler and warrior directly to the other continent. Of course you will lose turns to the other civs until you settle, but then you would have the advantage of being alone in the other continent for a couple of eras. I don't know how viable would that strategy be in practice tough.

we could test it or deny polynesia from game. polynesia will lose alot of turns (20 on standard) sailing. (really alot) and wont be able to trade lux (some civs might do it). Terra will be full of raging barbs..... When settler arrive to terra there will be loads of barbs already.
You propose disallow Polynesia from game like other 4 civs or leave it in game?
For now - i added it to the list

You propose disallow Polynesia from game like other 4 civs or leave it in game?
For now - i added it to the list

20 turns lost sailing are really a lot, and as you say they will be a lot of barbs. I don't think they have an unfair advantage, so I think Polynesia should be allowed. Anyway, let's wait for more players to join in and listen to what they think about it.

Signed up as the Celts. Dont see any real advantage with it but I feel like going religious.

Signed up as the Celts. Dont see any real advantage with it but I feel like going religious.

Small hint: main advantage is to fare well on main land, because while exploration will go on, capitals will be taken. All capitals are placed on home land, which makes Victory of Conquest quite easy thing if one civ will dominate others.
So your choice is right, take what give pros immediately. Main land still is very importang thing. Exploration will give another option for few to HAVE ANOTHER EDGE later
Also more economy-exploration civs are interested to preserve balance of powers avoiding one civ going snowball

A good player can win with any civ!

(Not saying I'm good, but hoping someone gets a little afraid. EEE must be quiet about the spanking he gave me last game).

Where is EEE? This is standard speed and promising to be intense one :)

I mean his sign-up :p

Hey I'm in your chillout game. I'm down to play in this too. Just made an account here after lurking for a while. Trying to figure out what civ would be good here. I'll sign up on GMR shortly if that's cool.

Hey I'm in your chillout game. I'm down to play in this too. Just made an account here after lurking for a while. Trying to figure out what civ would be good here. I'll sign up on GMR shortly if that's cool.

good and welcome to game and forums :)
Please sign up to Terra game as well, please do not pick one of 5 civs mentioned in thread header.

Top Bottom