TETurkhan Strategy thread

Sounds fun Lord Apolon, I have had a similar experience, but with less luch withthe goody huts. All I seem to get is barbs...

I really wouldn't worry about the Old World civs demanding tribute. It would take forever for them to reach you, and war weariness would set in well before then. Even when navigation is doscovered it should still be a while before they can reach you.

I haven't checked the editor for it, but there is probably a reason you can't build ships. Check the editor for galleys and see what their requirements are, including which civs are allowed to build them. I have noticed some strange settings in the editor, and it should explain why you can't build them now.

I'm not afraid of the Songhai.
I'm just striving to get them annihilated as punishment. :mad:
Just not by me...

First of all, it's the best mod ever seen.
Second of all, two little problems.
1 - When I try to save the game in the TET starting locations, it says I can't, it fails!
2 - My map editor is not working!

What can I do?
Thanks!

One strategy for rome is to do careful trading on the first 3 turns. I was able to get cermonial burial, pottery and bronze working. I built the colosus before everyone else did and had a nice $$ for a long time.

The other thing I did was build a warrior, worker, warrior and then built buildings. The Mediterian becomes a bathtub and a great method of supplying fresh troops to most anyplace.

Another advantage of rome is the abundance of iron(post patch and not off the disk) and the fact that legions are dirt cheap.

Along the same lines, the chineese and indians are behemoths. You get kind of envious of those guys.

Now whipping gives 120 shields per cit. Which means that you can rush just about anything with only losing one pop! Temples, libraries, marketplaces, harbors, and barracks, and courthouses can all be rushed. One tactic is to produce a bunch of workers from your core cities, get them to your newly conquered cities, join them, and whip them to rush these essential early buildings.

I agree. Rushing is wonderful. As the Inca, I rushed almost everything except units. Of course, settlers practically have to be rushed...
And I almost never rush in normal Civ (shame on me!)...
Of course, if I hadn't been an age behind... :D

Playing as the Persians I noted that I was unable to build Knights. Instead I had Ansar Warriors. Is this intentional?

Also, Does the Sun Tzu wonder seem too powerful? The Hungarians made it and built a bunch of knights with so many hit points they were unstoppable.

Waiting for the new 2.0, started a new game trying out a diff civ.
Trying the tibetans on the map and mod, looks interesting starting close to both china and india... any one want to tell me do I stand a chance ? One thing I noted is that I have mysticism and mysticism?? That a bug? Anyways, notice that I may have developmental problems the squares that aren't mountains are hills, at least I see some goats, or is that sheep... ?

One other thing, I started with 2 workers fine with me, but they don't look like the workers I build... ? They're the standard civ3 looking ones and the ones I can build have the nice pointy hats and spiffy outfits, just wondering if there is a difference in functionality between the two types of workers other than their appearance?

Thanks for answering my questions. :goodjob:

Just want to say again how much I love this mod, thank you for your hard work

Just wondering, if someone wants to discuss relaation of start location of your empire vs. game difficulty. Ie. is it hardest starting in Asia, Crowded Europe, Pacific Islanders, Americas?

And what are some advantages of each start?

'Crowded Europe' - Love 'em or hate 'em you have neighbors, not much room to settle, but you have other empires to trade with. Also not near the superpowers so dont have to much to fear early expansion.

Asia, Not as many neighbors but dangerously close to india and china, notice india and china have lots of lux

Americas, Room to breathe but when you do get a visitor they're an entire age or two ahead! Ignorance is bliss.

Islanders, guessing a lil since i've yet to try one, but no room for peaceful expansion, boating tech of some sort help their civ, few neighbors probably between Asia and Americas on that scale.

Anyone care to contrast them differently? Or feel that I'm wrong in my analysis?

Due to oversight, left out 3 other areas the Meditteranean, Middle East, and Africa. (Probably due to lack of sleep :crazyeye: )

Africa has rubber, Meditteranean and Western Europe have chances of sneaking past pirates and taking the voyage to the Americas.

Mid East has oil, very important.

What I find intriguing is that yes there are advantages to starting at a certain location/continent there are a few disadvantages also. But with crafty play and strategic planning can be overcome. :egypt:

Originally posted by AceDragon
Trying the tibetans on the map and mod, looks interesting starting close to both china and india... any one want to tell me do I stand a chance ?

I have started a game as Tibet, and I am well into the industrial ages. It is on Monarch but I purposely didn't expand too much early on because I wanted it to be more like in the real world.

Here's a summary of my file:

Attachments

• dalai lama2.jpg
    dalai lama2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,279
Hi,

I'm quite new to this mod, but after reading the readme.doc, i found something strange: I'm not expected to, but i can build Dinosaurs (a dozen different kinds or so), Elvis the King, Leaders, pirate ships and much more.

I suppose there was some mixup between this scenario and some (all ?) others.
Does anyone have this problem, too ?

I already reinstalled PTW and the TETurkhan mod, but the problem persists...

Yeah the elvis thing happened to me as well, once. Then I upgraded to 1.7 and it was gone

I think I have discovered the most difficult civ to play on this mod.
On the real world map, with cities...

The Mongols.
First, they only have four cities. Only Karakoram has much potential early on.

Now take a look at your neighbors.

Turkistan-3rd most powerful civ in the world, usually.
Tibet-usually quite a contender.
China-most powerful nation in the world. Always.
Korea-your only real option for conquest.

You *can* expand-but only into Siberia. And most of the time, you have to kick out powerful Nomads or hew down forests first. No good.

Israel might be a close 2nd for tough... but I have played a very strong game with them before.

My strategy for the Mongols:

I built a barracks in each city right after the warrior, and immediately started building Archers. When I had four, I moved against Korea.

P'yongyang fell the first round. A turn to rest. Seoul falls. A turn to rest; Pusan is destroyed. </Korea>

That's where the easy part ends. :)

What I ended up doing was using my 3 powerhouse cities-Karakoram, P'yongyang, Seoul-to actually produce Archers and rushing them everywhere else whenever size 2 was reached.

Eventually, the onset of Swordsmen saved me from shields once I hooked up the iron.

With that, I sent my entire army against Peking. It was a big risk, but also a big stack of Archers, :) many of them dropped off by Galley across the sea between Korea and China.
Peking fell with almost no resistance, as expected. Then came the hard part: defending it.

The army was whittled down to 6. Then, foreseeing a culture flip, (*coughreloadingcough*) the brutal Mongols razed the world's greatest, largest city to the ground. They began a hasty retreat west, towards the silk road and the desert.

When they reached Lanzhou (I believe that was the city... east of Dunhuang), they considered attacking the city but its defenses seemed to formidable. They moved on. By the time they reached Dunhuang through Tibetan lands, they were down to 3 from an original 8.
But, supplemented by an additional regiment down from Karakoram, Dunhuang fell to the Horde.

Platoons of Archers and Swordsmen headed south towards where Peking had stood, guarding the area from resettlement while Karakoram rushed a settler and sent it over. Peace was made with the furious Qin dynasty, its capital relocated to Shanghai.

(To make a long story short...) Eventually, the Mongols built the city of Beijing where Peking had stood, proclaiming the Yuan Dynasty in the north.
But all was not secure, for the Mongols were not an advanced civilization and China was the mightiest in the world. It had organized a large coalition against the Mongols of distant nations. These wars eventually ended, but a greater threat loomed.

Turkistan.

It demanded, and the Mongols appeased. It demanded, and the Mongols appeased. It demanded, and the Mongols refused.

Turkistan's war with the Horde began.

----

I've played a bit farther than that, (taken Lop Nor) but I'll leave it there. Any suggestions for conquering all of China, Turkistan, Persia, AND Russia by 1300 A.D.?

Wait until you can build Keshiks. The key strategy for the Mongols is to last until the time they can build these units... after that sit back and watch the Mongol Horde rise to power its impact will be felt from Japan to Europe - enjoy :)

Hey TET, I plan to give this thread some serious attention when 1.9 comes out. [:)]

I don't want to over promise and under deliver... 1.9 will be nothing more than a test version aimed at ensuring 2.0 is balanced...

basically 1.9 comes out and during that time I am hoping all of you will give me lots of feedback which I will implement in 2.0...

Top Bottom