TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

Bigcat, I am not certain on what those Dinos can and can't do myself. I've played Tet's mod extensively, and while they do seem to stay in their little grassy areas, they WILL attack you in a jungle square next to them, if you like linger a turn or two. Some of the barbs act the same way actually. Are you saying you saw Dinos running around in the jungle itself? Because that I haven't seen.

I'm pretty sure I saw a place for stories on the forums here, but not one specifically for this mod. A pity. I have such good stories! :crazyeye: :eek: :mischief:

Bigcat, I am not certain on what those Dinos can and can't do myself. I've played Tet's mod extensively, and while they do seem to stay in their little grassy areas, they WILL attack you in a jungle square next to them, if you like linger a turn or two. Some of the barbs act the same way actually. Are you saying you saw Dinos running around in the jungle itself? Because that I haven't seen.

I was more surprised when T-Rex attacked me, because I kept accidently ending a turn next to him (because I'd move into a dark area, and there he'd be; or he would come running out of the dark area) and the other dinos without them attacking. Running around: Yes, I've seen T-Rex running around the jungle, and I think I saw one of the others doing that also (but not all of them, and I'm not sure about that other dinosaur).

I have read TETurkhan's incomplete Zion story based on this mod and a story set on a random world (different author), but haven't found any other stories in the story forum set specifically in TETurkhan's mod world. Pity, would be interesting to read. Though the comments in this thread that have story elements were enjoyable to read.

Hey.....Does any1 know how to adapted C3C with the latest patch to work with v1.93 cause the problems are almost endless and TET told me to see if one of you guys had a solutiom. :)

Hmm. :confused: We are going to need more information if we are going to be able to help you Firestorm; it may be just an issue with your own software not being compatible. I've been playing 1.93 with my C3C disc since it came out, were you updated to 1.93 when you started using Conquests? I honestly have not had any issues with it so far, what kind of problems are you having???

I thought I show you all where the creation for Test of Time takes place - yes that is a globe hanging from the ceiling :D

Attachments

• WorkOffice2.jpg
    WorkOffice2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 596
I have ran loads of tests on what works with v1.93 and what doesn't. Erm.....If I can remember,....I really shooda written it down. :crazyeye: .
i couldn't get v1.93 to work with [conquests + 1.22 C3C patch] , just C3C, or PTW. I had to restore to using v1.66 :eek: .
When I click on certain civs in the player selection screen (such as hungary) it in forms me that it "could not find file art/redist **" (art and redist are both file folder names, they can be easily found). this program will now close." (when ** is the art file name). If i skip this once the game is fully loaded the smae message is displayed.
Thanks for the help. :D

Hmm...
I know we can already do this one on our own, but it would be cool if we could include the original 31 civs according to regional as opposed to historical significance. Erm... that sounds weird; In other words, the Empire of Songhay wasn't extant at the same time as the Han Empire... or I don't think. I'm not too sure that's a historically correct example, but does anyone know what I mean? Oh, and btw, I also happenned to have asked if I could help with the mod; unlike ShiroKobbure I haven't signed a form - electronically? via mail? - but I'm still willing to help if you think you might need it. :)

-Regards,
Kyrillion

TETurkhan said:
• BIX(s) (Scenarios) THAT NEED TO BE ERASED (these are no longer compatible with the new version 1.65 & up):
1. TETurkhan.bix
2. TETurkhan Test of Time (with cities).bix
3. TETurkhan Test of Time (start position only).bix
4. TETurkhan Test of Time (Regular).bix
5. TETurkhan Test of Time (Cities).bix

UPDATE DOWNLOAD: Update to 1.66 version of Mod (53.9 MB Zipped) http://www.civfanatics.net/~teturkhan/downloads/tet1.66-update.exe(This primary update is for those of you that have the PTW disk or version 1.5 - After downloading and installing this, proceed to download the 1.93 Update)

[COLOR=sea-green]FULL INSTALL: Complete install of Mod (88.5 MB Zipped) http://www.civfanatics.net/~teturkhan/downloads/tet1.66-full.exe(This is also a primary file, but unlike the update it reinstalls the full mod updating it to version 1.66 - I recommend this ONLY if your have in some way erased the mod, and again you will need to download the 1.93 Update afterwards) [/COLOR]

VERSION 1.93 UPDATE (critical one): Gives you the latest fixes and modifications http://www.civfanatics.net/~teturkhan/downloads/tet1.93-update.exe(Make sure you have the 1.65 or 1.66 primary installed before downloading this file. When done, just click the update file once and it will self install.

Ok, I think I messed up the install of this somehow. I'm not sure what version I had, but I'm thinking it was whichever was packaged with PTW. So following the above steps I deleted the 4 .bix files, then downloaded and installed 1.66, and downloaded and installed 1.93. (actually I did 1.93 first, realized my mistake, then did 1.66 and then 1.93 over again)

Now when I start er up and click on "civ-content" I don't see any TET files to load.

lol,
If you have the PTW version that is v1.65, so you need to install the v1.66 Update then the v1.93 update (NOTE: make sure you pick the Update versions and not the full), and you should be ready to roll, providing conquests or any patches you downloaded dont mess it up :eek: . Anyho, you shoodnt need to delete those scenario files coz I think the auto installing updates sort that. You may need to uninstall PTW and Conquests, or if you are confident enough remove the randomly installed versions yourself.
If you experience problems like I do with v1.93 as discussed in the past please help! :D

Firestorm said:
lol,
If you have the PTW version that is v1.65, so you need to install the v1.66 Update then the v1.93 update

That's what I did. I'm thinking perhaps I shouldn't have deleted those files. I'll restore them and try again. Ok, I did it. How do I tell if it worked or not? (i'm thinking no...)

Now I'm trying the full version of 1.66. I don't know if that's working either. :(

Ozzy! Fancy seeing you over here! :)

Good luck. Civ-Content is the Conquests menu. TET 1.93 is still for PTW (The Conquests version is still in the making. We've been waiting for quite a while. ;)). So you should be looking for a .bix file in the PTW folder, not a biq in the C3C folder.

Hey Jag. :)

I can access PTW and Conquests scenarios through the Civ-Content option. It should be the same. There are bix files there, but I've no idea if they are any different from the original 1.whatever version that came packaged with PTW. I'm thinking the upgrade didn't take, and I have no idea why. :(

nice workshop, TET... looks kinda like my writing room at home... 'cept i've got maps instead of a globe. *envies TET's globe*

i must say, i was actually pretty excited when i heard that you may be working for Firaxis. i certainly hope you get the job, as that means your meticulous loyalty to detail and a good gaming experience can only serve to make their games/scenarios even better. best of luck with that!

I second nowisforever. Your scenario is pretty damn great -- in fact it's more fun then most of the official ones. It’s definitely more substantive, and has more re-play value.

OzzyKP said:
That's what I did. I'm thinking perhaps I shouldn't have deleted those files. I'll restore them and try again. Ok, I did it. How do I tell if it worked or not? (i'm thinking no...)

Now I'm trying the full version of 1.66. I don't know if that's working either. :(

Rrrrrrr.....If you have PTW, then DON'T delete those files, and only install the v1.66 UPDATE followed by the v1.93 UPDATE and it will work!
I suggest you reinstall PTW and C3C to get rid of all those updates else it will never work, and just go back to each of the winRAR downloades and install them. :D

Ugh.

Oh TET, I've got a neat & easy idea for incorporating religion into the 2.0 scenario. Have a small religious wonder that is particular for each culture. For example a Buddha someplaces, or Vatican, or Dome of the Rock, etc. Everyone can build it, but each religion gets their own. (if this is too much, just make a general "religious shrine") The effect of it would be purely cultural. In the host city it makes like 8 culture, and then creates a special building in every other city that makes 1 culture a turn and has no other effect.

Religious societies do have more culture than others, and this is a reflection of it. Its available to everyone, it gives a small culture growth for new cities, but its not hugely powerful or unbalancing. Make it available with some religious tech, I'm thinking something early like Ceremonial Burial, Mysticism, or Polytheism.

Or alternately, if you think having that early culture boost is too useful to give to every civ on the planet, just make it a large wonder, but make a few to represent all the major religions, and let anyone build them. Or in the cities version have them historically placed (Jewish temple in Jerusalem, Dome of Rock in Mecca, etc) Maybe up it to 2 culture buildings if they are going to be a large wonder.

Also make it a tourist attraction to represent pilgramages.

nowisforever said:
*envies TET's globe*

I have that globe! :p :D

btw, TET, I can't say how happy I am that your getting closer to being finished. Your mod that came with PTW was the only thing I played for about a year, and I just know your new mod will be ten times as great :goodjob:

Top Bottom