TETurkhan Test of Time (Map & Mod)

Originally posted by Captin Zebra
What is Hungry's unique unit?

they share their UU with poland, and it is the medievil infantry.

Unless there is a way to give them cheaper units or resources that when under one leader will be every useful. I'll will like a way to make the Euro civs to try to expand outside Europe and stop figthing each other endlessly until you arrive.

Hmm you could make a new unit for everyone of the old ones, and then make it so only Portugal ond Netherland can make'em, and then make't 25% or so cheaper.
You could do the same to buildings.
But this will need a lot of boring unit-adding and changing.

BTW european civs have always been fighting each other, but because of civ where a civ is out and can't be "reborn" by a revolt it's very difficult to make history accurate.
I can't think of one country in Europa that have'nt once been another.....

Poland! once independant, later taken by austria-hungary, Prussia, and russia. after WWI, re-created. then compleatly abducted by Hitler. freed by the Soviet Union later.

they should make it so that at a certain year a city might be able to revolt and become a new civilization. but, i dont think there is a way to do that.

civ II has lots of things civ III dosen't have. but the graphics are horrible. the planes were also lousy, since they can be "shot down" by warriors.

I could never finish a Civ II game because of the low resolution graphics. I could barely distinguish what was going on, especially when two or more sprites were next to each other. But the game rules/code were a lot more flexible than what we find in Civ III.:egypt: :egypt: :egypt:

I wish they had left the same system for CivII in and just redid the graphix for CivIII, but oh well, maybe the CivIV version will take a leep in the right direction instead of trip and fall to it's knees. Although Mods do make this game very enjoyable despite it's lack of...

In regard to all the panicking about europe being overcrowded... TET has already said that 2 will have larger maps with more space between cities... it seems safe to assume that Europe will not have nearly as much space between cities as will other areas. Also when TET says that there will be more than 31 civs there is no reason to assume that the new ones will be in europe... at present nearly all of the distinct groups of europeans are covered... (Finns and some baltic states are about all i can think of that arent represented... yes... i know austria and switzerland and belgium and such arent in it, but they were until this century merely other germanic kingdoms... it is only because they were not involved in the unification of Germany that they are currently independent...

Originally posted by Doctala
In regard to all the panicking about europe being overcrowded... TET has already said that 2 will have larger maps with more space between cities... it seems safe to assume that Europe will not have nearly as much space between cities as will other areas. Also when TET says that there will be more than 31 civs there is no reason to assume that the new ones will be in europe... at present nearly all of the distinct groups of europeans are covered... (Finns and some baltic states are about all i can think of that arent represented... yes... i know austria and switzerland and belgium and such arent in it, but they were until this century merely other germanic kingdoms... it is only because they were not involved in the unification of Germany that they are currently independent...

How about Portugal and Netherland? They are'nt in the TestofTime, but they are important to... and it seams silly if TET don't put them in when you think of that they are in C3C

I agree with POLM Portugal and Netherlands are Important
Portugal was a world power in 1400-1500 wen the Dutch
were a world power in 1600-1700 and must be included in
the testoftime 2.0. I am sure that they will be in 2.0.

"(Finns and some baltic states are about all i can think of that arent represented... " Finland is represented as a part of Vikings.

Correct me if i'm wrong but the Finns, traditionally, are not the same as the vikings(aka. norse, or scandinavians). They, until very recently were an ethnicaly and culturally distinct group.

no?

Or possibly a couple of groups: Are the Sami and Suomi differnt?
There must be someone from Finnland who can enlighten us. =)

Je-Tze

Like me for instance. Saamelaiset (you called them Sami)
are diffrent from us finns, they speak Saamea and finns
speak Suomea.
you are right finns arent the same as Swedes (vikings)
but it is in game represeanted as a part of Vikings as one city (helsinki).
"There must be someone from Finnland who can enlighten us."
errm... I am a finn in case you havent noticed.

Finns are definately not the same group as the vikings. The Vikings were originally from Denmark and southern Sweden/Norway, and eventually settled the rest of Scandinavia and Iceland, and bits of Russia, Scotland, Ireland, England, Greenland, and Canada.

I'm sure Finland has a lot of Viking history, as it is certainly close-by, but the Finns were a distinct cultural group. Their language is not related to the Nose languages spoken by the Vikings, nor are many of their cultural practices.

Top Bottom