Thank you Catherine for 6000 gold

Playing Arabia, Catherine on another continent embroiled in her own wars, holding onto 11000 gold. Asked what she wanted for all of her gold, she dropped the price to around 6000 and asked for basically everything I owned. I agreed, took her money, declared war. Few turns later she was offering peace and "friendly".

pics or it didn't happen. j/k she is biting her time for revenge and wants to cuddle with you first then bite your head off.

I love taking gold for multi-turn items right before I pounce. If I'm lucky, I'll soon get one of those big, fat peace deals shortly after. Take it, wait 10 turns and do it again. mmmmm

Actually had one civ (Germany Bismark) give me 6 of his last 7 cities plus gold in pocket for 10 turns of peace. Found that rather odd. Felt bad so I let him live in his final city for about 30 turns while I was busy elsewhere.

In my experience, gifted cities are bugged. Their city hex does not actualy produce anything. Check whether in your case sum of food/hammers city is producing is equal to what it should be.

I because fear of this bug stopped accepting cities in peace treaties and ruther take them by force. (Which have efect of spreading out hapiness hit over more turns, so if it gets too much, I can slow down).

In my experience, gifted cities are bugged. Their city hex does not actualy produce anything. Check whether in your case sum of food/hammers city is producing is equal to what it should be.

I because fear of this bug stopped accepting cities in peace treaties and ruther take them by force. (Which have efect of spreading out hapiness hit over more turns, so if it gets too much, I can slow down).

Is this true? I checked the bug reports and found this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429776

Several people confirmed it but it isn't edited with the "BUG" tag & I checked some old saved games where I accepted some cities and didn't notice missing city yields.

I seem to have a magic ability to kill threads with one post... So, to answer my own question, yes you are robbed of base food and hammers when you accept a city in a peace deal. I tried it with a new game, and sure enough, the bug still exists. I didn't want to leave any false impressions.

Thanks for pointing it out, Alpedar. I guess I won't be taking any more cities in peace deals. The right thread for the bug report is below (although it's labeled "FIXED").

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11001777#post11001777

Actually, the OP sold his own cities and "liberated" them?

There was nothing the AI could do to actually protect those cities, especially if the OP could take them "back" relatively fast. Not sure if the bug would be present if they were originally yours to begin with?

That's funny, by the time I read about the base tile yield thing I'd completely forgot the thread was about a gold exploit. I'm glad I continued reading though because that bug is kind of a big deal.

On a related note, if you annex a city while building a national wonder and it causes the wonder to fall off the que, it is possible to re-enter that wonder into the que after the needed buildings are purchased several turns later and not loose any building points. I found that out just today. I have not tried to change the wonder to a different city though. That would seem an exploit also, although an annexed city should not even be considered, but it is and at least you can keep building that wonder and keep annexing cities without loosing a huge amount of turns already invested.

I think it is an exploit in the game that you can take all their cash, declare war, and they get nothing. Odd as it sounds I think the game would be better if the deal you made persisted even after the war starts.

So if you trade iron for gold, and then declare war, they still get the iron.

Once I was in a war with Khan. He'd keep asking me for way too much for peace. After [???]ing him up a bit and taking one of his cities, I again negotiated for peace. He offered all of his cities save his capital, and I accepted. About 30 turns later, he declared again.

speaking of, i wonder how many people ever give in to the AI's demand for ebtc (everything but the capital). if your army's defeated, you have no gold, no room to maneuver and you are being invaded by a huge force, would you give ebtc or just quit game? anyone have the profanities to try to come back from that?

Top Bottom