Thanks to Team for concerted effort on Mod size reduction

1) I know, but there are still "long" (=non static) movies in the main mod. I suggest to make them ALL static in the main mod and have actual movies (not pictures) only as a mod mod.

Yeah thats what Kael did for FfH2, the more static the better, less time and consumption of memory, equals less turn times also.

100% agree - real civ fanatic saw those movies hundrends of times so we dont need them

With SVN 7471 Mod size now at 1.99GB! This should really, really help ppl with lower end comps.

:goodjob:

JosEPh :)

Omg brilliant! Under 2GB sounds very streamlined-like for a mod that was 3.4GB+
Keep up removing duplicates and replacing big files etc...

I know how to thin the mod for the next 100-150 Mbs. Just want to wait for v35 and ill start working on this topic.

Omg brilliant! Under 2GB sounds very streamlined-like for a mod that was 3.4GB+
Keep up removing duplicates and replacing big files etc...

Have you looked at the audio quotes thread lately??

With SVN 7471 Mod size now at 1.99GB! This should really, really help ppl with lower end comps.

:goodjob:

JosEPh :)

Really ? All those duplicates data were actually loaded in memory ? If not, I don't really see how the removal would make the game run faster ?

Really ? All those duplicates data were actually loaded in memory ? If not, I don't really see how the removal would make the game run faster ?

Im prettu sure not all of them. But files such like textures, units models and animations for sure.

Speed comes more from code optimizations and there have been some small improvements there (well large ones but mostly in response to other adjustments made since the last version release.) There have been some necessary slowdowns as well... but all in all I think it's working a little faster than the last version.

There's one very major realm that could mean a lot of optimization still that I need to look into much more closely and if I've got time after completing the tasks I have set for myself to complete before release I'll look into that one too.

I didn't say anything about faster, but yes it would tie in with less graphical load for lower end Comps. So if you have a 32bit OS and only 3-4GB of ram that is ddr2 or lower it should help those players play longer into the mod's eras. Of course the caveat still holds that with that level comp you should Never be playing with 25+ AI on a Giant map and many of the more complicated Options available.

JosEPh

Top Bottom