Thanks!

garfunkel

Chieftain
I tried C2C out few years ago, and it was terribly buggy and crashing all the time, and extremely slow. But I was really impressed with all the content that had been added to the game.

So, two days I ago I by happenstance managed to stumble over here and noticed that C2C had received multiple updates since then. Downloaded, started C2CWorld game on biggest map size and slowest game speed. I just hit Antiquity few hours ago and it has been a blast!

Big thank you to all the people working hard on this mega-mod over the years. Just Pre-History alone has been an amazing experience with all the new espionage and combat rules/options. Best thing - not a single crash or error has popped up. Few times unit graphics took some time to load, you know where the guy/animal runs from off-screen to the right spot, but other than that, it's been flawless.

Well, except for the message spam about volcanoes. I seem to get a message about a volcano going active, or dormant, or passive, or something else every 10-20 turns. Oh and my Exile hiding inside an enemy city has twice gotten lost in the swamp that the city is built on, which was quite amusing.

One question: it still seems to me that tech advancement, both for me and the AI, is a bit too fast. I admit I am going pretty heavy on technology, but even on the slowest game speed possible, it did feel like I progressed pretty fast. Which makes me worried that the tech advancement speed will only get faster - but hopefully the opposite will happen.

Can't wait to see what surprises await me in the following eras, so kudos and thanks again!

One question: it still seems to me that tech advancement, both for me and the AI, is a bit too fast. I admit I am going pretty heavy on technology, but even on the slowest game speed possible, it did feel like I progressed pretty fast. Which makes me worried that the tech advancement speed will only get faster - but hopefully the opposite will happen.

A revision is being made that is trying to correct the calendar shenanigans, though if you feel you progress way to fast compared to the AI, maybe that means you are ready to try a higher level!

Are you using SVN or normal version?

On SVN version I rebalanced prehistoric era (tech cost increased by 57% and build cost increased by 50% compared with V38.5) and remade calendar.
Prehistoric era should be balanced for semi-causal players.

With Kation we added Upscaled research costs option, that further increases tech cost by 40% (Upscaled construction costs makes things 40% more expensive to make) for more relaxed gameplay and to slow down experienced players and Deity/Nightmare AI in addition with upscaled construction cost..

I'm playing normal version. I'm not massively ahead of the AI because I research everything before Sedentary Lifestyle. It felt a bit too fast mainly because when I hit the Ancient era, I still had loads and loads of buildings left to build in my capital, not to mention my other cities, and I hadn't really spammed units either - there had been no wars and I built about fifty-sixty units. So a solution where build costs are the same but tech costs are higher would suit me nicely.

Top Bottom