The 19th Century Europe Mod

Instead of Stalinism, it should be Marxist/Leninism - it would be more accurate, that style of thinking didn't start with Stalin, and it certainly leasted beyond Stalin as well, Marx-Lenin should get credit when credit is due.

IMO I believe there should be a distinction between council communism and Lenninist theory in the pedia entry, however I don't believe in-game there is enough differences from theory to theory to really require a differentiation between the two ideologies within communism.

Until we start including Keynesian and Monetarist differences between capitalist theories, we should probably avoid unnecessary complications within the game and the ideologies.

Anyhow, Communism covers both Rosa Luxemburg as well as Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov.

You really have to look at the game play effect, ultimately. The ideologies are there to influence or enable certain groups of civics. Distinguishing Communism from Stalinism would be very intellectually precise, but that kind of precision would limit player choice over what civics they can run. Err on the side of flexibility. Communism is enough.

I can't wait to see what this mod ends up looking like.

Also, do you think ethnically diverse units could be introduced?

Are Victoria and Victoria: Revolutions still on the market?

I LOVE Victoria, I'll love to play this once it's done!
If you played Victoria, then you know how much event system adds to the game. Since we have it in BtS I think there should be more random and semi-random events like in Vicky. You could do well without too much historic events (like you said, unifications, and I'd personally add Liberal Revolution as well. I think it would play well in civ, you would get option to convert to liberal civics or have 'barbarian' rebels and unhappiness)

@All
Here's a chart of the ideologies and the civics they may select...

I'll put it on the first post, as well. It's open for discussion, so sound off if something doesn't look right or I screwed up... it's a lot easier to change now than later ;).

So does this mean that if you choose Military Junta, Jingoism, Mobilization, Political Religion and Social Order, you have mixed ideologies thereby leading to civil wars and the eventual collapse of a civ or does nothing happen?

Top Bottom