The Atlas - A TSL Earth

I have just updated the second post in the 1st page, i have released Atlas 1776 which has a playable USA & you get to decide what cultural path the new countries ( USA, Mexico & Peru ) take.
For example USA could take Autocracy or do a washington and go Freedom & Liberty.

Other civs have colonies in Africa, some are not histrically acurate, such as Germany controlling Gabon but they did during WW2 same goes for Italy controlling Tripoli, and Ethiopia.

Kinda bummed that this thread isnt getting more attention...:sad:

Kinda bummed that this thread isnt getting more attention...:sad:

just stumbled on this thread and wanted to make sure you knew that this is EXACTLY what i've been looking for. will try and play soon, but didn't want you to think the hard work has gone for naught.

just stumbled on this thread and wanted to make sure you knew that this is EXACTLY what i've been looking for. will try and play soon, but didn't want you to think the hard work has gone for naught.

Thats great hope you enjoy it, but when you play you have to download the timeline MOD or else it will be 10,000 BC...:crazyeye:

the MOD uses a fixed year cycle, so when you enter a new era it changes year, you start in 1776 obvioulsy for the 1776 map. i think i will delete the AD map and make a 332 BC map.

Thats great hope you enjoy it, but when you play you have to download the timeline MOD or else it will be 10,000 BC...:crazyeye:

the MOD uses a fixed year cycle, so when you enter a new era it changes year, you start in 1776 obvioulsy for the 1776 map. i think i will delete the AD map and make a 332 BC map.

i can see the pace is set to Epic, is this the only way to play (with your timeline MOD) or is standard able to work as well?

i'm used to playing with TBC (now VEM) and this is a first for the Unity Mod for me as well, so i'm reserving any judgement until i can get into a game for a ways.

i can see the pace is set to Epic, is this the only way to play (with your timeline MOD) or is standard able to work as well?

i'm used to playing with TBC (now VEM) and this is a first for the Unity Mod for me as well, so i'm reserving any judgement until i can get into a game for a ways.

any speed is playable, i preffer epic though :)

Are you going to made a non DLC version that will have only mongolia DLC? There are some mods that add many more civilizations.

any speed is playable, i preffer epic though :)

so if i understand it right, all the timescale mod does is set the date (e.g. 1776) at the beginning of an era (e.g. renaissance) and the climbs year by year until the next era begins...? does it change again at the modern era (i.e. say, jump to 1920 or something) or will it continue a single year at a time?

btw interesting idea. i always appreciate when the timeline is at least someone in sync with the current period i'm in.

so if i understand it right, all the timescale mod does is set the date (e.g. 1776) at the beginning of an era (e.g. renaissance) and the climbs year by year until the next era begins...? does it change again at the modern era (i.e. say, jump to 1920 or something) or will it continue a single year at a time?

btw interesting idea. i always appreciate when the timeline is at least someone in sync with the current period i'm in.

yes the MOD applies to any map, it goes, 2000 BC for the ancient era, 332 BC for the classical, 1211 AD for medieval, 1776 AD for the rennaisance era, 1840 AD for the Industrial and 1969 AD for the Modern & 2012 for the future era.

christos200 said:
Are you going to made a non DLC version that will have only mongolia DLC? There are some mods that add many more civilizations.

If i have the time, i will make a non DLC map but before that im going to make a 332 BC map, cultural borders apply but
Greece, Egypt, Persia, China and Rome start with pre built cities, and everyone else starts with a settler.

I have updated the 1776 map, last update for that map for a while now, changes include Greece & Ottomans have the new Ancient wonders, Iroquis have western and central noth America and cities named after native civs such as Apache, Paiute ect. added to luxury resources to USA and added Military science to all civs except Native Americans, Natives get Mandekalu cavalry.

is it right that the Atlas map/scenario starts 10.000 BC?

after 140 turns i am in 8500 BC, and i fly to alphacentarui 4000 BC?

and there are too few ressources in middle europe, didnt saw the whole map yet, but i think it can be playable in the future

is it right that the Atlas map/scenario starts 10.000 BC?

after 140 turns i am in 8500 BC, and i fly to alphacentarui 4000 BC?

and there are too few ressources in middle europe, didnt saw the whole map yet, but i think it can be playable in the future

Yes the Scenario years will only make sense if you use the Atlas timeline Mod which you can download in the 1st and second post in this thread, the only thing it does is change the era to one year, so if the era is Classical the year is 332 BC if the Era is Modern the year will be 1969 and the year will remain stationary until the era changes so people dont have to put up with the removal of immersion when its 2043 and you're in the Medieval era, with out the Mod the years just look silly.

and i will see what i can do but at the Moment i am testing out my new map, 1861 which has all cities readly made and then i hope someone will pu them up on the games MOD download section :)

Yes the Scenario years will only make sense if you use the Atlas timeline Mod which you can download in the 1st and second post in this thread, the only thing it does is change the era to one year, so if the era is Classical the year is 332 BC if the Era is Modern the year will be 1969 and the year will remain stationary until the era changes so people dont have to put up with the removal of immersion when its 2043 and you're in the Medieval era, with out the Mod the years just look silly.

and i will see what i can do but at the Moment i am testing out my new map, 1861 which has all cities readly made and then i hope someone will pu them up on the games MOD download section :)

Shouldn't most players enter the Medieval era around 1500 B.C., or earlier?

play civ nights currently, if the starting year changed to 4000 BC the timeline fits... play as germans, nice maps so far didnt see all yet... i got the irokese twice... with some tweaks the map could be really great, good work so far... ty

I just tried this.

First of: I LOVE the size of the map and I love the shape of europe. I think its the best so far. You might think about moving those recource clusters around a little though, to hide theire balancing purpose ;)

But: I started the normal map named 'atlas' in my civ5 map list, clicked 'load scenario' and selected Alexander. I started in Greece. I moved my warrior west to see the shape of the european continent. The first state i met was Singapore, located in northern italy. Then I moved towards the place where Paris should be. Negative.

At this point I cancled the game to write this feedback. It seems as if no other european nation was present.

Oh and I cant find the mod. all I could find behind your link was another map file..?

Please fix this map, I'd love to play it! No mod or whatever, just this great map with accurate starting positions!

Well i havnt played the original Atlas map for a long time and i have no idea as to why it is like that but it will be fixed tommorow, and the timeline is actually there now, i wish someone had told me sooner...but thankyou for telling me.

My fault, opened the wrong one. Thanks for uploading the correct modfile. Its next on my list, I will see what that 'yet' map is like first, as I just started a game

Top Bottom