• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The barbarians are easier in FfH!

Funny story from yesterday trying out fall from heaven 2 my first time (very professionally done on the mod by the way), was on shuffle and got on a small island type map as the insane jester king, Orthus spawned at the bottom of my island and tried to kill him with 4-6 merrymen but they ended up dieing and a hill giant also wandering down there.

Later on after all the experience from my warrior Orthus was at 8 strength combat 5 and he wandered up into my land towards of octopus holy city, got him to chase a scout away from there but he heads to my third city with little to no defense in it and captures it and holds it ( and gets a culture border of its own )

Here's where it gets fun.

after getting Loki and drowns I head down to the city to try and retake it, I figure loki +4-5 drown should take it no problem right?

Wrong.

The red dragon spawns in the captured city, and there I am .. 18 strength unit in my captured city... going wtf, if that wasn't the worst, the Sailers Dirge showed up and started to spawn skeletons around the place.

So built the demon drown hero and got him to to 30 or so experience and got a army of 5+ drown and didn't attack until my 7 strength hero had a 60-80% chance of beating the 18 strength dragon, oh and my neighbor also declared war on me while I was assaulting the city and was hitting me with just a couple boats.

Kept wondering how I could get all that in one place, but after killing them I ended up having a unbeatble hero that destroyed the attacking civ by himself ( with a couple drown to guard his galley and defend cities )

When I quit my hero had around 110 experience and 120% city attack 125% strength and 9 strength and 2 movement with Orthus's axe just after beating my neighbor.

Saverous.

Ten chars.

I have an idea: you know how barbarians have always been able to ignore resource requirements for the units they spawn from the fog of war? How about giving all melee barbarians spawned in this way a free bronze weapons promo after the barbs know Bronze Working, or even Mining? It'd make them considerably tougher after the first stages.

They do, or should, so long as at least 2 players have the bronze working/iron working tech.
Though to be even with players, maybe it should be mining/smelting. (OR maybe it is, I'm not sure)

At one point during testing, it was bugged and they all spawned with iron.
Actually, I think some of you might like that more, but I can't imagine raging barbs that way ;)

They do, or should, so long as at least 2 players have the bronze working/iron working tech.
Though to be even with players, maybe it should be mining/smelting. (OR maybe it is, I'm not sure)

At one point during testing, it was bugged and they all spawned with iron.
Actually, I think some of you might like that more, but I can't imagine raging barbs that way ;)

They do? Wow, the AI must be going slow in my game, then.

I think it should be
  1. Default: normal orc warriors spawn
  2. At Mining: orc warriors spawn with bronze weapons
  3. At BW: orc axemen spawn with bronze weapons
  4. At Smelting: orc axemen spawn with iron weapons
  5. At Iron Working: orc macemen show up with iron weapons
At least for the melee units. Maybe I just need to turn up the difficulty a notch or two (playing at Monarch right now).

Top Bottom