• Babylonians_

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egypt

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

testdummy653

Prince
What is the best Civ

What about mention MAP settings? HUge/Tiny Archipelao/Pangea Warm&Hot/orNot. It's som may factors to conciders. But still ON Average settings as I just submittet a new thread on.

Egypt or Japan are among my Favorites in this group. RELIGIOUS!!!! (Cheap temples=culure and NO Anarchy)

Wheres the Ottomans?

For vanilla civ:
Persia- Great UU, and industrious doesn't hurt either
China- UU comes at perfect time

PTW:
Ottomans- one word, Sipahi

Conquests:
Mayans- Enslavement on Jav Throwers make it a great UU, industrious and agricultural get a good start
Dutch- Seafaring and Agricultural, IMO the best start combo(only when on a river)

Just before someone else says it, there is no best civ.
It would have been worded better if you had said, "What is your favourite civ?" ;)

I don't have a favourite. It used to be the Americans, as I would only play on pangaea maps, but i'm having a shot at continents :) Persia seem to be good for this. Here's a wee list...

1. America/Iroqois/Persia
2. Egypt/China/Aztecs

The rest, i'm indifferent about. I voted America.

As repeatedly said, the 'best' Civ depends on the map settings. Vikings on a small archipelago are nearly unbeatable (well, maybe Dromons can do it), while Mayans rock on a large wet pangea. Also, the level you play also counts - Celts are great for up to Regent, Persia or Ottomans are killer Civs up to Monarch at least, but the Dutch will serve you better on the highest levels.

Overall, I prefer Dutch, Byzantium or Vikings, and China for pangea. Simply love the SEA trait -hey, even England is a really good Civ now!

The Dutch really aggrivate me. They constantly grow huge during the first age and then try to throw their weight around. Like that really happened.

Anyway I really like germany. But did you ever wonder why the civs are listed in the order of Rome, Greece, Germany? I think there is a message in there somewhere. Rome may be the best, then Greece, then Germany.

America, expansionist is nice in the begining to meet everyone quickly and a nice coffer booster when you sell the communications. Industrious is great with double speed workers. The F-15 is pretty cool as it can perform prescion strikes without having to research stealth. Finally the familuarity with the city names is always a plus.

Top Bottom