The Board of Culture and History (NPO)

thecommonnate

Theocrat
The Board of Culture is a (license-pending) Non-Profit Organization that will attempt to lay down rules of the writing of history articles, mostly to clarify the fine line between game-play and role-play in historical articles. With our advice, we hope to allow the people of Arete to never go miss-informed about our past.

To begin things, we would like to clarify things about the Organization:

-The Board of Culture and History (BC&H) will be ran out of Venice, out of my Modest Home to begin with, but we would like to hopefully move the organization to Arete once a "Hall of the Board of Culture and History" can be afforded.

-BC&H will be ran in a simple way (to begin with), as historical articles are not vast. I will devise an outline for historical articles (to be stated below) and will award all historical articles that pass all requirements of the outline a
"BC&H Approved" tag.

The creator or rightful owner of the historical article will be able to do the following with their label:
1.) Incorporate the Approval Seal into that original post.
2.) Advertise the article as "BC&H Approved" in their signature, business thread, NPO thread, or anywhere else on the net.

However, BC&H holds the right to do the following things with their seal:
1.) Remove from any non-BC&H licensed threads, (that includes thread owners that already have a BC&H seal on another of their historical threads.
2.) Take back a BC&H seal after wrongful revises of an article.

BC&H will review all historical articles at the beginning of their existence, every time they are updated, or every time text is inserted to a "reserved" portion of the thread.

NOTE: BC&H reviews will commence after the NPO has become legitimate.

The Board of Culture and History Outline and Review Requirements of Historical Articles​

Rule #1: Game-play events can never be modified in a BC&H approved article. Role-play assumptions can be added to game-play history (see Rules 3&4), and role-play threads be put down as reasons for game-play events, but game-play can never be altered or assumptions can never hint to a different game-play scenario in a BC&H historical article.
Rule #2: All existing role-play thread histories cannot be modified in a BC&H historical article. Role-play articles in the RPG segment of the DG must be taken into account when writing a historical article, to prevent role-play/assumption inequalities.
The DC&H rule for RPG-historical legitimacy:
-The topic creators of RPG threads control what posts are legitimate in their own threads, but cannot interrupt free-will of another DGer, (the king can boot someone out of his castle but the king cannot automatically position someone at a city in their own thread.) Free-will interrupting RPG posts that have not been accepted by the victim of the free-will interruption can be disregarded in a BC&H Historical Article.

Rule #3: Assumptions not concerning already established RPG thread stories or game-play history are welcomed.
For example:
Game-play element: Troops are moved into an enemy town, don't pillage.
BC&H approved assumption: Troops occasionally fight unorganized partisans, who fail to damage the bulk of the forces.
Role-play element: The fifth ALG auction receives little participation.
BC&H approved assumption: Land-ownership in the (insert century) became less of an issue over the course of this time.
Rule #4: BC&H approved assumptions will be regarded as truth if it is the first time posting an assumption about the specific era, this is a "First Come, First Serve" Policy.

These rules will be added to and possibly changed over the course of time. Standards will also be set in order to establish clarity. Thank you and welcome to the world of Aretean history!

Current BC&H seal:
BC&H Approved!
-Past seals will remain valid when given, asking for newer seals is allowed but not required.

I can and do approve this NPO for a business license. Good idea btw, seems history and RP story writing have been dwindling a bit of late. Since this is an NPO there is no business costs. You can erect a modest building at no charge, you don't have to run it out of your residence. I would be honored to be on the board.

Great to have your approval, Lord Civius, and you are more then welcomed on the Board.

Because of time today, I am going to fully evaluate Provolution's two articles in the front page, Vandals Arkadian Dynasties article tomorrow.

Lord Civius, I would also like to review your TS reports as articles if you would wish them to be, they are well written and are documented history as far as I know.

Yes that is my point when writing the turn reports. In my old Dgames we didn't have turn chats and every Turn report was added to an official record.

Top Bottom