The Breaking Storm, 1919-1945

Ergo:
  1. Keep Carriers as they are.
  2. Use the "Cruise Missile trick for seaplanes.
I feel I should point out that in every instance "Cruise Missile" has been mentioned in this thread the authors have really meant "Tactical Missile".

The Cruise Missile tag makes the unit self-destruct upon bombardment (true for both Land Bombardment and Air Bombardment).

The Tactical Missile tag makes the unit able to be transported by units tagged with "Transports only Tactical Missiles", and the tag also makes land units able to use Bombardment from onboard the ship. For air units with Tactical Missile tag to be transported the transporter needs both "Transports only Tactical Missiles" and "Transports only Air Units".

Hmmm the only ship that I may have more versions might be the Midway's but not like I have many versions of her...........maybe.......Need more time!

Looking at your topics with plenty of great units to download, I always feel like a kid in a candy store :yumyum:

I feel I should point out that in every instance "Cruise Missile" has been mentioned in this thread the authors have really meant "Tactical Missile".

The Cruise Missile tag makes the unit self-destruct upon bombardment (true for both Land Bombardment and Air Bombardment).

The Tactical Missile tag makes the unit able to be transported by units tagged with "Transports only Tactical Missiles", and the tag also makes land units able to use Bombardment from onboard the ship. For air units with Tactical Missile tag to be transported the transporter needs both "Transports only Tactical Missiles" and "Transports only Air Units".

It's an important addition - I wholeheartedly thank you, Wolfhart! Missiles in Civ3 are basically land units, right. Well, that's why I've never try that flag on Air or Land units... My bad :undecide:

Thank you, Delta Strife! Didn't try in-game so far, but previews look great. Stalingrad super-heavy cruiser model is the one I waiting for a long long time! Really good present for Russian Navy Day this sunday - spasibo, tovarisch (thank you, comrade!) ;)
BTW, link to download Sovetskiy Souyz is now connected to old (year 2014, downloaded 2016) model - maybe you didn't plan to renew it really? The model is already not bad.

I believe this is only true if you have the Cruise Missile strategy box checked.

Thank you, Delta Strife! Didn't try in-game so far, but previews look great. Stalingrad super-heavy cruiser model is the one I waiting for a long long time! Really good present for Russian Navy Day this sunday - spasibo, tovarisch (thank you, comrade!) ;)
BTW, link to download Sovetskiy Souyz is now connected to old (year 2014, downloaded 2016) model - maybe you didn't plan to renew it really? The model is already not bad.

Opps forgot to upload the file fixed!

As for Gangut-class (late): I assume the model must be Sevastopol (bearing the name Parizhskaya Kommuna in 1930s, the ship later was renamed back for Sevastopol), and model Gangut-class must be Marat (former Petropavlovsk). These dreadnoughts were sisterships and very similar as completed, but during modernizations and refits of 1930s were reconstructed at individual projects and bearing many differencies since then.

The Gangut LW is Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya. I forget what the earlier Gangut was I did it so long ago. In other news two American cruisers that were missing sounds have been updated thanks to Ares!

thomsen-das-boot.gif

The heavy cruiser Canarias. :dance: I am feeling a lot like Christmas!

Opps missed one Kai-Agano Class a porposed light cruiser for the IJN that was never built due to the deterioration of the Japanese position during the war.

You are a master of "Completionism" ;)

The heavy cruiser Canarias. :dance: I am feeling a lot like Christmas!
Me too! I really like this Spanish style of the superstructure after modifications, and it's great to see it rendered so beautifully into Civ3! Thank you Delta!

Update: X-mas Dump part two. New destroyers, aircraft carrier and interwar battleship for Italy. Britain received the last major missing carrier. Argentina got their first along with Romania. WWII Spain received Navarre in her WWII configuration.

Top Bottom