1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

The Breaking Storm, 1919-1945

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Delta_Strife, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Delta_Strife

Delta_Strife Deity Supporter

Hmmm the only ship that I may have more versions might be the Midway's but not like I have many versions of her...........maybe.......Need more time!

2. Takhisis

Takhisis Rum and coke.

Off the top of my head, you can also use this to differentiate between carriers designed for fixed-wing aircraft and those designed for helicopters, or also to separate drones from crewed aircraft.

3. Wolfhart

Wolfhart The Last in Line

I feel I should point out that in every instance "Cruise Missile" has been mentioned in this thread the authors have really meant "Tactical Missile".

The Cruise Missile tag makes the unit self-destruct upon bombardment (true for both Land Bombardment and Air Bombardment).

The Tactical Missile tag makes the unit able to be transported by units tagged with "Transports only Tactical Missiles", and the tag also makes land units able to use Bombardment from onboard the ship. For air units with Tactical Missile tag to be transported the transporter needs both "Transports only Tactical Missiles" and "Transports only Air Units".

Fallible_Fiend likes this.
  4. Fallible_Fiend

Fallible_Fiend Chieftain

Looking at your topics with plenty of great units to download, I always feel like a kid in a candy store :yumyum:

It's an important addition - I wholeheartedly thank you, Wolfhart! Missiles in Civ3 are basically land units, right. Well, that's why I've never try that flag on Air or Land units... My bad :undecide:

5. Delta_Strife

Update: Soviet WWII Navy has new versions of its light cruisers and now the Maxim Gorkey (Project 26Bis). Update to Kronshtadt BC. New Versions of the Sovetsky and Gangut. Two proposed interwar battleships to help round out the Soviet Navy.

6. Fallible_Fiend

Fallible_Fiend Chieftain

Thank you, Delta Strife! Didn't try in-game so far, but previews look great. Stalingrad super-heavy cruiser model is the one I waiting for a long long time! Really good present for Russian Navy Day this sunday - spasibo, tovarisch (thank you, comrade!) ;)
    BTW, link to download Sovetskiy Souyz is now connected to old (year 2014, downloaded 2016) model - maybe you didn't plan to renew it really? The model is already not bad.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Archivist, redux Supporter

I believe this is only true if you have the Cruise Missile strategy box checked.

8. Delta_Strife

Opps forgot to upload the file fixed!

Fallible_Fiend likes this.
  9. Fallible_Fiend

Fallible_Fiend Chieftain

As for Gangut-class (late): I assume the model must be Sevastopol (bearing the name Parizhskaya Kommuna in 1930s, the ship later was renamed back for Sevastopol), and model Gangut-class must be Marat (former Petropavlovsk). These dreadnoughts were sisterships and very similar as completed, but during modernizations and refits of 1930s were reconstructed at individual projects and bearing many differencies since then.

10. Delta_Strife

The Gangut LW is Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya. I forget what the earlier Gangut was I did it so long ago. In other news two American cruisers that were missing sounds have been updated thanks to Ares!

11. Delta_Strife

Update: Massive update for the Dutch bunch of new cruisers, a sloop, and a custom built model Design 1047 BC been so long since I have done a custom model at-least a year or two.

Ozymandias and Civinator like this.
  12. imperiummaius

imperiummaius Chieftain

The Design 1047 BC looks awesome! I never thought we'd get a custom model for that one.