The Center

Genocidicbunny

Bug squasher
Have you reached it?

I almost got there..almost.

Spoiler Wuzzit :

So, to make it to the center, you have to run a gauntlet of grox. Basically, they control everything in the center of the galaxy (basically everything except the arms). In order to get through the center you have to quickly jump between planets, with your jump drive's distance jumping ability reduced due to the density of stars.

If you're gonna try it, I suggest lots and lots of health refills and mega energy refills. Like 10-20 of each

I tried it for the fun of it, and only got about halfway through the center

I checked from YouTube what is in the center:

Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
The Staff of Life, allowing you to instantly terraform a planet, has 42 charges

Agh! Spoilers!

Careful, you can read a spoiler in the tooltip which pops up before you open the thread!

I have reached it :) ! And I think it was worth the trouble.

Although I have a Grox-related problem since I have visited the center. Perhaps someone has got an idea:

Spoiler :
The Grox are still hostile towards me. I would not care much if they would not attack me every 5 minutes since I went to the center and back. I have allied to all my neighboring races and wiped out those who would not ally with me and I was looking forward to "sandboxing" very very much. But now I´m being under CONSTANT attack. It´s even worse than all this pirate/ecodisaster stuff before. I got Uber-Turrets on every planet but it´s just plainly unnerving. Is there any way to get a cease fire with the Grox? I already tried bombing them into submission, making suicide runs into their space and wiping out 10-20 planets per run, assuming that they would plead for peace as other races do when you are destroying their worlds very quickly, but to no avail. And I can´t offer them peace through diplomacy. Has anyone any solution to this?

I seem to be at peace with the Grox. I've done multiple missions for them and have bribed them as high as I can go. Currently at neutral... haven't tried going very far into the centre though.

I went there just to see. I only used like 3 charges and a few health thingies. I didn't save though, as I had made the Grox angry... Plus...

Spoiler :
The staff of Life would kind of spoil the fun for me I think. I mean, having it so early in the game, it just makes everything too easy, doesn't it? I guess it doesn't populate the planet in the exact way I might have wanted it. But that's pure aesthetics.

I have reached it :) ! And I think it was worth the trouble.

Although I have a Grox-related problem since I have visited the center. Perhaps someone has got an idea:

Spoiler :
The Grox are still hostile towards me. I would not care much if they would not attack me every 5 minutes since I went to the center and back. I have allied to all my neighboring races and wiped out those who would not ally with me and I was looking forward to "sandboxing" very very much. But now I´m being under CONSTANT attack. It´s even worse than all this pirate/ecodisaster stuff before. I got Uber-Turrets on every planet but it´s just plainly unnerving. Is there any way to get a cease fire with the Grox? I already tried bombing them into submission, making suicide runs into their space and wiping out 10-20 planets per run, assuming that they would plead for peace as other races do when you are destroying their worlds very quickly, but to no avail. And I can´t offer them peace through diplomacy. Has anyone any solution to this?

Try my thread in the spore forum if you want to sandbox

As for the Grox-related problem...

Spoiler :
They're near impossible to destroy. You blast 20 planets to oblivion and expect them to sue for peace? They control everything around the center of the galaxy: a thousand stars is probably a conservative guess.

The alternative to ignoring them and resisting their attacks (I read they cause minimal amounts of damage if you don't answer the distress calls) is spending ludicrous amounts of money to bribe them and get on their good side. I read that it's possible to ally them but in the process you get the rest of the galaxy against you. Apparently the Grox like it when you use planet busters and assorted evil things on other species.

Thanks for the advice Genv and Lord Shadow!

Spoiler :
I have found that if I ignore the Grox (except for the invasions), my diplo-score tends to rise again. It was -665 once :)lol:) and it has "increased" to minus 500 and the attacks come less often. They still don´t talk to me, but I can live with that. Seems that the waves they sent were retaliatory attacks which caused the whole thing to escalate because I bombed their planets as a response which caused them to attack again etc. After fending them off for an hour or so, they nearly stopped and I have not been attacked (by them) for at least two hours :).

Top Bottom