The Cheating AI

Creatureboy11

A Civ4 Leader
So... CHIEFTAIN difficulty, Freddy of Germany, sent scout to Rome (Turn 3.). Declared war (turn 4), saw that there was ALREADY a SECOND warrior, stationed in Rome! I think the AI is cheating unfairly. :mad:

They could have popped a warrior from a hut.

So... CHIEFTAIN difficulty, Freddy of Germany, sent scout to Rome (Turn 3.). Declared war (turn 4), saw that there was ALREADY a SECOND warrior, stationed in Rome! I think the AI is cheating unfairly. :mad:

Yup.

CvCity::init() gives a production bonus to the AI when it founds a new city. By default, the city gets 10 hammers of overflow just for showing up.

The key parameter is INITIAL_AI_CITY_PRODUCTION, which is defined in GlobalDefines.xml. So if this bothers you enough that you feel compelled to address it, it's pretty trivial to mod it out.

It indeed cheats. You should go into world builder and surround them with bears. That will teach them!

So... CHIEFTAIN difficulty, Freddy of Germany, sent scout to Rome (Turn 3.). Declared war (turn 4), saw that there was ALREADY a SECOND warrior, stationed in Rome! I think the AI is cheating unfairly.
There is a way to avoid this. Its called scouting. As a veteran low difficulty HoF player, scouting is a must. For instance, on settler, marathon, the first warrior an AI will produce is turn 36 or 37. Scouting should reveal whether this will change. A city not on a 2-hammer hill working corn is safe. A little house will be seen on the corn. Eyesight is important.

Guys, guys. I think the only way to properly fix this is for him to move down to settler.

@ ZX Zero Zx: No he isn't. Check his personal info page. He is a twelve year old and reacting accordingly. Give him a little slack.

And BTW, a remark like you made puts you in danger of being banned if a moderator sees it. I'd edit that out if I were you.

@ ZX Zero Zx: No he isn't. Check his personal info page. He is a twelve year old and reacting accordingly. Give him a little slack.

And BTW, a remark like you made puts you in danger of being banned if a moderator sees it. I'd edit that out if I were you.

How so? He has made millions of threads like these before. He is a troll.

Not that this IS supposed to be about ME in particular, but I was just wondering about the AI. Thank you VoiceOfUnreason. I believe you got the idea through my head the best. I'll try odding it when I have free time, THEN I can return to my precious Germany.

There is a way to avoid this. Its called scouting. As a veteran low difficulty HoF player, scouting is a must. For instance, on settler, marathon, the first warrior an AI will produce is turn 36 or 37. Scouting should reveal whether this will change. A city not on a 2-hammer hill working corn is safe. A little house will be seen on the corn. Eyesight is important.
I DID scout. THAT is how I found the Romans.

Top Bottom