The Civdippers in the Tournament of Scoundrels!

Check Broken Resolutions here for the other side of the coin. Italy and I (Austria) are sitting at four centres each. We are tied with England (who got attacked by Germany, France and Russia) for the fewest centres...

Three long years of fighting and I manage to secure my home centres once more...

Germany is the only power with any real freedom of maneuver, he can strike North, West, East or South with the builds he is getting and be sure of success in whichever direction he chooses as everyone else is embroiled in war.

Meanwhile with Magnus, Fall 1903 brought, well badness really...

I'd love to know why Venice isn't German...

I was wondering why the maps looked diffrtent all the time then I realised it was two diffrent games!

kittenOFchaos said:
Meanwhile with Magnus, Fall 1903 brought, well badness really...

I'd love to know why Venice isn't German...

Sometimes a subtle approach can work wonders... I can't comment more than that.

Well, I think it is wrongheaded and no good will come of it.

All my troubles in diplomacy have come on those occasions I have not been ruthless.

Well Mr. Ruthlesss, you sure are looking good in your game, eh? ;) - and besides, this is a 2 stage tournament, you want to do good in the first game and great in the second, not the other way around, otherwise you get hunted down in stage 2.

Well, I'm still standing and would have done better if I hadn't compromised on my Austrian opening which has been the route of all problems. Had Russia been wise and had not walking into Budapest, I'd be seriously owning people by now :D What I have achieved so far, I've achieved with no allies...

In your case I think you may get yourself into ALOT of trouble as an Austro-Italian pack heads North and the English head South and East.

Call me Cassandra ;)

Here is Spring 1904 - my feint in the south has produced an interesting turn of events.

Attachments

• emeralds1904.gif
    emeralds1904.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 143
Spring 1904 resolved in my game...my forces having driven the Italians from Tyrolia into Bohemia to avoid the destruction of any of my forces.

Fall and Winter have been resolved...the fight continues!

Spring 1905: Austrian Forces drive the Russians from Galicia!

Nice to see that in at least one game (Sapphire) that the Austrian player is doing badly (1 centre).

Here is my game as Germany (Emerald) on the eve of 1906. Italy has just stabbed Austria and Turkey is finished. The board is warily watching Italy now and that's just how I like it. :D

Attachments

• Emerald.gif
    Emerald.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 103
Still looks very messy for Italy as Russia is well engaged in the Balkans...

My game is delayed at present due to the extreme stupidity of some unnamed players which is rather annoying as things are on a knife-edge at present. I could be on the way up again!

Well, Fall 1905 has been resolved in my game and as per my expectation I have, through 5 long years of war regained my 3 home centres!

:D

Attachments

• Garnet Winter 1905.GIF
    Garnet Winter 1905.GIF
    23.7 KB · Views: 100
The Austrian Army forms the bulwark of the Austro-Italiano-Turk Alliance against a German solo...

Just realised this moment how dead as a doornail the French and Russians are. I already knew the British aren't long for this World ;)

Spring 1906 has been resolved and looks like this:

:king:

Attachments

• Spring 1906 Garnet.GIF
    Spring 1906 Garnet.GIF
    25.2 KB · Views: 89
News from the game Magnus is in - Emerald - Spring 1906 and how the mighty Austrians have fallen! :D

I just peeked at the threads over at Redscape. They're not updating them regularly, it would seem. The last result posted in both game threads is from 1904.

Top Bottom