The Civdippers in the Tournament of Scoundrels!

kittenOFchaos said:
The Austrian Army forms the bulwark of the Austro-Italiano-Turk Alliance against a German solo...

Just realised this moment how dead as a doornail the French and Russians are. I already knew the British aren't long for this World ;)

Spring 1906 has been resolved and looks like this:

:king:

Your like the only one fighting...

Get Turkey out of the Med so his ships can attack Germany's, and get Italy into France to stop him that way, to outflank him. I suppose only you three are fighting this against Germany...?

Dreadnought said:
Your like the only one fighting...

Get Turkey out of the Med so his ships can attack Germany's, and get Italy into France to stop him that way, to outflank him. I suppose only you three are fighting this against Germany...?

Well, yes.

I consider that I've been at war in a sense with Germany since Fall 1901, but then I've fought most people this game!

Right the situation at present with Winter 1906 having been resolved:

Attachments

• Winter 1906 resolved.GIF
    Winter 1906 resolved.GIF
    26 KB · Views: 172
Spring 1907 Resolved in my game (Garnet): My Austrian forces hand on in there, the threat in my rear relieved as Turkey moves out of Albania :)

Attachments

• Garnet Summer 1907.GIF
    Garnet Summer 1907.GIF
    26 KB · Views: 152
The situation in the game Magnus (Germany) is playing in Winter 1907:

Meanwhile, after I cleaned my knives of blood I now have 5 centres and not alot of goodwill ;)

Well, the Turk and Italian didn't talk to me and it was good sense to an army in Rumania. I could have probably done better with that and negociated a 1 centre increase, but hells bells, they annoyed me.

Hopefully realpolitik and a desire to prevent a German solo will keep some level of cooperation, though the Turk I think is regarding me with distrust - and rightfully so.

Well, after the Winte builds I survive unscathed in Spring 1908, yay me!

:)

Well, in Magnus's game, enemies abound on his borders, not unlike my game then!

ya done good as an Austrian Kitten. I always think of them as the shortest straw to get :cool:

Well, it is Winter 1909 and I'm still on 4 centres at present (lost Vienna to Germany).

France is now down to 4 centres too. The danger is a German solo!

Well, round 1 has ended.

I'm so annoyed at how France went and gifted Germany a solo and also that the rules were changed half-way through the tourney, really upset alot of what I was trying to achieve. The worst thing was the Russians, who screwed me and then ditched and their replacement was WORSE!!!

Well, I ended on 4 supply centres, having lost only Vienna despite a prolonged seige and at one point being down to 2 centres!

Fall 1911 - End game a German solo (all games ended then). I am the proud Austrian who fought Russian, Turk, Italian and German - most of them since Fall 1901. :p

Attachments

• Winter 1911 - End game - German solo.gif
    Winter 1911 - End game - German solo.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 88
The end-game in game Emerald which civfanatic Magnus played in and his long vaunted strategy of sitting on 5-6 centres failed him as he ended on 2.

Again, he was rather fubared with the rule change.

Magnus played Germany ;)

Attachments

• emerald_141.gif
    emerald_141.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 100
well at least in my game I actually got more points than you did despite owning less SC because in a solo its winner take all... :p

I don't like the way the tournament is being run (GM disappearances and mid-game rules changes) so I won't be participating in round 2.

Magnus said:
well at least in my game I actually got more points than you did despite owning less SC because in a solo its winner take all... :p

I don't like the way the tournament is being run (GM disappearances and mid-game rules changes) so I won't be participating in round 2.

Aye, the rule change really kicked into touch my mid-late game as well.

To be brutally honest, it wouldn't have been a German solo if the person (or cretin) playing France hadn't in effect gifted all his centers to Germany. I had ALOT of vitriol for that cheese-eating surrender monkey.

Yep, though I think that was some of the tamer language I used and a failed attempt to bribe the German into not soloing - £10 from each player :D

So what was the rule that was changed and what did it get changed too?

As near as I can recall the 'winner-take-all' solo was already in place but it certainly wasn't given the proper notice it should have received. Also the GM told us in 1908 or so that the games would end in a randomly determined Fall of 1910 thru 1913 and we would not know when until it happened. also at one point (because he was late, yet again) he asked for conditional retreats and builds, which wasn't in the rules and I refuse to play in games that have them, so I was quite irked by this - luckily the particular turn was Spring for me and I had no retreats and he never did it again.

Suonds messed up...

Well, I decided to take up the position of Austria as a replacement in round 2 (had originally opted out of the tourney as I was so annoyed with France in the last game giving Germany a solo). I've just had my Spring 1901 orders resolved and so far, so good in terms of ho my diplomating has gone :)

My only hope is a solo to ensure advancement, so here goes nothing!

Spring 1901

Austria:
A Budapest - Serbia
F Trieste - Venice (*Bounce*)
A Vienna - Galicia

England:
F Edinburgh - North Sea
A Liverpool - Yorkshire
F London - English Channel

France:
F Brest - Mid-Atlantic Ocean
A Marseilles - Burgundy (*Bounce*)
A Paris - Gascony

Germany:
A Berlin - Kiel
F Kiel - Denmark
A Munich - Burgundy (*Bounce*)

Italy:
F Naples - Ionian Sea
A Rome - Venice (*Bounce*)
A Venice - Piedmont

Russia:
A Moscow - Ukraine
F Sevastopol - Black Sea (*Bounce*)
F St Petersburg(sc) - Gulf of Bothnia
A Warsaw Hold

Turkey:
F Ankara - Black Sea (*Bounce*)
A Constantinople - Bulgaria
A Smyrna - Armenia

Attachments

• obsidian - Summer 1901.gif
    obsidian - Summer 1901.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 191
I'm sure there are a few of you interesting in my progress (or otherwise) in the Redscape Tournament of Scoundrels.

Last time I posted Spring 1901 had been resolved. I shall post the maps from then to the present situation. Once again, any advice/comments would be appreciate :)

Fall 1901

Winter 1901

Spring 1902

Fall 1902

Now, things were looking dodgy as I had decided to let Turkey get 4 centers.

Winter 1902

Spring 1903

So, the current state of play is that the Italian King is vowing to use his entire might to hurt little old me :crazyeye:

Top Bottom