The CiVometer

Mostly it is already done in demographics (F11) screen. There is no need for another one like that... And link in post 1 is broken - you have to post it yourself in adress bar to get to site.

I think he wants some way to see the demographics for other Civs as well. Or is that possible and I've just done something stupid like overlooking an arrow or something?

there i fixed it.... link should work....yes i know civ more then likely have demographics.... but check how the cia has done it... its actually quite enjoyable and very descriptive.

What I'd really like to see is stats represented in graphs with time as the independent variable. That way, you can guage how successful your choices actually are. For eg, I always assume that once I make the switch from Monarchy to Republic, my scientific and commercial output would increase dramatically, but afterwards, I'm not always so sure, since there's always some confounding factors (that period of adjustment, new/larger cities, etc). Wouldn't it be nice to have a linear graph of your science before and after the revolution?

I would like to see more stats, me too. and I don't really know how works some of those we have in civ3. what does the literacy represent exactly, in civ terms?

The current states are good enough, though I would like them to bring back the casualty lists from Civ II

I agree with Che Guava--graphs would be useful for determining the effects of major gameplay events/decisions, which would be especially helpful for newbies or even veterans trying out new strategies. I'm reminded of the Rise of Nations graphs and stats at the end of each game, which were pretty fun to look at. The graphs should be even more detailed than they are in RoN though, which mainly showed age advancements and nuclear launches. :nuke:

mastertyguy said:
I would like to see more stats, me too. and I don't really know how works some of those we have in civ3. what does the literacy represent exactly, in civ terms?

Literacy is, I believe, the percentage of the population with a Library AND University (just a Library counts as half a person). I think there's an Article on it somewhere in the War Academy.

Fine. I knew it was something about scientific buildings only. But what does that gives me in civ?

Absolutely nothing. It's just there as a gimmick. I suppose you could do complex calculations like add up your enemy's population and compare it to the military service to find the approximate size of their army, but the Demographics are mostly meant for fun. And I think they are fun.

But I want also REAL stats. Excuse me, but is that :if I build a university in all my 20 cities, I get 100%, even in MA. Non sense.

Top Bottom