1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Classical Antiquity Mod (2 scenarios)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Lokolus, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

The Classical Antiquity Mod! (version 1.2)

This is a mod featuring two scenarios of the Ancient-Classical Era:

1. The Classical World
    2. The Biblical World

This mod has many features: custom religions, manipulated tech tree (even more than the previous version), new civics, new units, wonders, UUs and more!

The Classical world:

The Romans and Carthaginians are in the Second Punic War, Hannibal crossed the Alps and Scipio Africanus is attacking Iberia. the 4th Syrian War between the Selucids and the Ptolemaics is fought while the Celts attack Rome and Macedon. Parthia and the Greco-Bactrian Empire had declared their independence from the Seleucids and they join forces. The Greeks colonies are all over Europe, Africa and Asia - this is the Hellenistic age.

Playable civs:
    Rome
    Carthage
    Ptolemaic Egypt
    Macedon
    Seleucid Empire
    Celtia
    Scythia
    Kush
    Aksum
    Kingdom of Sophene (Armenia)
    Nabatea
    Sheba
    Parthia
    Greco-Bactrian Empire
    2 minor Greek colonies civs

The Biblical World

David, King of Israel is expanding his rule and forming a new Empire.
    Assyria is expanding, Babylon is prospering and the Greeks are living in seperate city-states after the fall of Mycnea.
    The trading kingodms of Edom, Phoenicia, Sheba and Kush are getting richer and richer while tribe-people such as the Phrygians and Lycians are forming states.

Playable civs:
    Israel
    Egypt
    Babylon
    Assyria
    Elam
    Phoenicia
    Edom
    Sheba
    Kush
    Phrygia
    Neo-Hittite
    Greece
    Lycia
    Urartu
    Aramea

This is a scenario and a mod

Only for BTS

Download link
    Credits:

Esnaz for Israel civ
    Common Sensei for Israeli diplomusic
    The Greek World team for the .dll

I hope you enjoy! :)

2. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

First Post , your scenarios are great just as always , Downloading it.........

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:goodjob: Will check it out!

4. xmen510

xmen510 Chieftain

This looks amazing. I can't wait to try it out.

5. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

I'm going out for 10 days and I can't access a computer, but I'll be happy to see a rating or a comment when I'm back!

6. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Fixed weirdly written last post.
    Why can't you post a comment? there are something like 500 downloads!

7. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Alrighty: tried out Rome in the Classical World scenario. Hannibal's army smashed itself against my defenses (after taking a look at the stack and my defenses this is basically what I expected); I mopped op the remains and started my counteroffensive. (Might be fun to try it the other way around - though even then I think the Roman presence in Northern Italy is a bit overpowered. In Genghis_Kai's 200 BC on GEM Hannibal starts in Southern) Italy; perhaps an idea for an update?) Didn't play long - basically til I ran out of Carthaginian cities to succesfully attack - because there seems to be coming out a lot of new stuff these days. But, in short, I like it!:thumbsup:

8. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Well, Hannibal crossed the Alps so he needs to come from Northern Italy.
    When I playtested I had problems with balancing Rome/Carthage (every time there was a much stronger side) and when I tryed I managed to capture most of Italy with the Carthaginian army.

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Well, if you consider Rome vs Carthage balanced as is, I believe you.;)

Historically Hannibal defeated any Roman armies he encountered in Italy, gaining first the Celts in the Po valley area as his allies, but failing to gain any Etruscan allies (who were already thoroughly romanized by then), so when he arrived at the gates of Rome ("Hannibal ad portas!") was unable to attack the city and went on to capture most of Southern Italy (which was predominantly Greek until well after 1000 AD). Curiously, he didn't even march on Rome after Cannae, when there was no longer a Roman army left in all of Italy...:confused:

10. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

AI stupidity? :lol:

11. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

lol, that's funny!:lol:

12. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Can someone rate the scenario? it has 700 downloads, I think that only if 1% percent of the population are raters I could still have 7 ratings...

13. bclund

bclund Chieftain

I have played the classical world a few times without going too many turns. I think it looks very good. Rome is very strong, but that is fitting. I think it is the best simulation of the second punic war I have played so far. I will return with more comments in the future.

14. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Come on rate this Mod! it has more than 1000 downloads and it's an upgrade of a 5 stars mod, I think that 0.1% percent of the downloaders can at least vote for a rating!

15. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

Haven't had a chance to play Biblical World, but Classical World is great. Loving it!! I'm playing as Scythia and conquering with Keshiks... tons of fun.

16. Emperor Giulio

Emperor Giulio Pontifex Maximus

I can't wait to go home and download this, I'll give you some feed back when I am through.

17. Landmonitor

Landmonitor Chieftain

Can this be downloaded as a zip rather than a 7z file?

18. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

I can't make it a Zip file because it will be more than 10 MB, which is the limit for the download database. if you have a problem about Zip-7, post it here.

19. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

7-zip is freely downloadable here: http://www.7-zip.org/

20. Landmonitor

Landmonitor Chieftain

Thanks. I just hoped to not have to install more software on my computer; I'll probably do it later. I like to keep the number of programs, particularly free ones, down to an absolute minimum.