Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Regular

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Crap

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Settlers cost 4 population in this scenario, so that AI is unable to go colony crazy :D
I too hate when fast colonization ruins completely the stability of the scenario.

The problems with this scenario:
The AI is very confused about the starting armies. Each of the two crusading armies did the same thing: two of the three knights attacked Nicaea and died, and the third joined the army and pillaged a few roads before wandering off to the east beyond where I could see what happened to them.
The AI is loathe to use boats. The crusading forces will not be reinforced.
Europe is too busy. The various civilizations instantly start fighting amongst themselves. The Germans spend all their time fighting the Russians or the Hungarians or whoever. A scenario that is supposed to be about retaking the holy land instantly becomes about warring factions in Europe.

Solutions:
Get rid of the inessential civilizations, ie, the ones not actively involved in the First Crusade, and the associated map space, where possible. Maybe just eliminate settlers altogether, because even if the computer is not able to expand a lot, it will still try. Also get rid of most of the wonders, which the computer also wastes a lot of time pursuing when it should be crusading.
Figure out victory point scoring involving the taking of historically important cities from the Crusade, and get rid of the other irrelevant victory conditions.

The Second Crusade is now avaiable for download!
I took some of the suggestions given in this thread, including a total ban of settlers.

Make sure to check it out :)

I would really appreciate some feedback about "The Second Crusade", guys.

Luiz,

If you don't meant I advice you to split the peninsular kingdoms or at least change the name to hispanic kingdoms or someting like that. Barcelona was never a castilian city in the crusades times.

You can change Alicante for Valencia, because valencia was one of the most importants cities in the Iberian peninsula.

EDIT: That change is for all the scenarios.

Metacomet said:
Luiz,

If you don't meant I advice you to split the peninsular kingdoms or at least change the name to hispanic kingdoms or someting like that. Barcelona was never a castilian city in the crusades times.

You can change Alicante for Valencia, because valencia was one of the most importants cities in the Iberian peninsula.

EDIT: That change is for all the scenarios.

I'll do that in future versions :goodjob:
What I meant with "Leon and Castille" was merely the non-portuguese christiam kingdoms of the Iberian Peninsula.

As requested, I'll post some screenshots :D

1-Here you can see the Crusader Armies arriving in Asia in The First Crusade

2-A pic of the Crusader Kingdom and it's surroundings, in The Second Crusade

3-S pic of the Holy Land and the French and English armies in The Third Crusade:

hey luiz how do u install it so that it wont crash

bigmeat said:
hey luiz how do u install it so that it wont crash
nvm it works

Is there a way to turn off settlers for only AI players?

That would be nice...I had turned off all settlers of at one point, but if one sacks a city there is no way to rebuild with out the settlers.

But overall you have some real skill in making scenarios. :goodjob:

I would love to see more special units, but some will not download larger file if they are on dial-up. (I say the heck with them add units :lol: )

LuckyOrDead said:
Is there a way to turn off settlers for only AI players?

That would be nice...I had turned off all settlers of at one point, but if one sacks a city there is no way to rebuild with out the settlers.

But overall you have some real skill in making scenarios. :goodjob:

I would love to see more special units, but some will not download larger file if they are on dial-up. (I say the heck with them add units :lol: )

Thanks for the compliments :D

About Settlers: Load the Editor, go to "Edit Units" and then select the "Settler" unit. There will be a place asking for which civs it's avaible. Select only the Civ you want to play with, and voilà!

As for more special Units, I'm planning on releasing a new Version of my "Hundred Years War" scenario full of them. :D

I've just finished my game TFC,on Monarh level,and won (as Byzantines),but I must put some notes.... turks are to weak;I mean they should be a topic of crusades,and they where first destroyed,they didn't even had a chance to attack Constantinopolis,and they should be able to conquer it :) (they didn't come even close to it). So,I would put a little more units to them,so that they could fight with all the rest... main opposite to me where holy roman empire,others where far beyond us.... so don't want to annoy,but I think that in TSC and the Third as well,turks don't have any chance (in history,Constantinopolis,unfortunatly,fall in 1453,if I remember well)

one more note-at the end,I had to attack germans to get more points,cause they where leading :)

Dear Author,
Thank you for those nice scenarious and those units.
I'm really expecing and hoping to see the Fourth Crussade Scenario.
You may represent the battle between Bulgarian King Kalojan and the Latins, who were defaced for first time since they were considered for invictible.
You may represent the picture of the Balkans before the invasion of the Ottomans http://debian.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/~nikola1/Kaloyan.htm check that

Top Bottom