The dreaded counter at 40

wilkie

Chieftain
I've been dabbling with FFHII since .16 and just recently dled .21f. The Armageddon counter is a nice touch...as are the rather shocking side effects.

Six continents, Huge, Cold climate, low sea level, marathon. Three civs were obliterated by the barbs by turn 75. Almanchier started on my continent and I thought we might get along...until the Leaves began spreading to my Runes loving Lurchip. He was way behind in tech and soon was absorbed by the wood golems. I found it ironic the tool of his destruction was the substance he so cherished, albeit magically animated.

I'm content to tech and send my Caravels around. Turn 1007 comes around...and AV hasn't been founded. The dark elves founded OO about 100 turns ago, with Jonas and the Illians biding their time I suppose.

The Arm counter continues to climb and hits 40 at turn 1007. I had no idea 40 was a magic number, and much to my dismay my cites are starving and angry. Now, everyone has a -2 modifier toward me for "You're destroying the world!"

I'm not certain what I've been doing to anger the world. I know destroying cities increases the counter, but I've only had to axe one elf city in my conquest. If destroying Barb cities raises the counter...this game will get very warm.

Anything I can do to lower the counter? The Illians have Ragnarok so that doesn't help.

You can cast Sanctify(I think) on the ruins and it'll reduce the counter, and yes destroying barb cities count towards the counter. But since you already hit 40 it's not going to matter if you just stop destroying cities.

You can also make a Water Mana Node to cast Spring on desert tiles which are created by Blight, which IMO is really needed considered that Blight destroy some resources and turn a lot of territories in desert so you have all your cities losing population or not growing at all.

Yeah, but 40 is one of the worst effects of the counter especially if you're the vamps.

Ah, thank you all for the quick replies. I suppose I should have checked the wiki first. For now, my mud golems will be busy rebuilding farms and pastures. Next on the list - sacking the Ragnarok city.

Yeah, but 40 is one of the worst effects of the counter especially if you're the vamps.

I'd disgaree on that. If you have vampires running around by the time the AC hits 40 (And you should, really) then you just eat the excess food wasting population.

Hmmm... Snacks.

well i have a habit of having most of my vamps out in foreign wars at that time so by the time I produce more I've fixed my agriculture.

Top Bottom