The Enlightenment Era

Well thanks. I will be taking your code then. :) Is there attribution inside your mod's metadata?
I took over VP-EE developement from others, so there are several names listed, mainly for conceptual work, balancing, etc. I did all updates to Lua scripts myself, so if you just want to use Lua for Fassil, Infixo is enough.

Good luck with your mod :)

Hi, I recently started playing with this mod, and I'm getting the "Fasil Ghebbi" crash. Is there any fix already, or should I wait for the next version of the mod?

Hi, I recently started playing with this mod, and I'm getting the "Fasil Ghebbi" crash. Is there any fix already, or should I wait for the next version of the mod?

Removing the line referring to GameEvents.CityConstructed.Remove or w/e should hopefully resolve the issue.

Hi, it's me again. For some reason I can't build the Kronborg nor the Smithsonian Institute; they show up in the build menu, but they're locked out with the message "only 1 allowed in the world", that you usually get when building wonders in another city. The thing is, none of my cities is currently working on either of them, and even if the AI was working on them, they shouldn't be locked out that way. The only thing I think could cause it is that I might be too far ahead in the tech tree (I'm in the Modern Era), since when you start a game in an advanced era, you don't get to build wonders from old eras.

In the WORLD = AI built it
If that happened; I'd have gotten the alert; and the wonder would outright disappear from the build menu. Also, I don't think any AI leader could've built them, considering they're just getting to the Enlightenment Era (I beelined a few techs to reach Modern Era faster, plus I'm on a conquer spree, so I've got loads of cities producing loads of science).

In the WORLD = AI built it

No, because if an AI had built it then it wouldn't be showing on the ProductionPanel anymore. That text refers to if there's already a City in your Empire constructing them, but clearly this shouldn't be the case.

Ok, I checked in EUI and this text appears in the tooltip only if noone ever built it. It has nothing to do with ability to build it. If you are building it somewhere, the text still will say until you finish it. Then it changes into "built by you" or similar.
So, check for other conditions. Kronborg can be built only on the coast.
Edit. Oh, and number of policies. These are Wonders.

Is the Enlightenment Era v6 mod compatible with just the Community Patch without the overhaul? I tried the Vox Populi EE mod but it requires the overhaul.

Is the Enlightenment Era v6 mod compatible with just the Community Patch without the overhaul? I tried the Vox Populi EE mod but it requires the overhaul.

EE is compatible with base CP because base CP doesn't significantly change gameplay.

v7 is uploaded!

Changelog:
- Fixed Wat Phra Kaew science (Now provides 1 Science instead of 2)
- Fixed Fonticons for yields
- Changed Skirmisher to obsolete at Steam Power
- Added a Great Work of Art slot and base culture yield to the Summer Palace
- Cavalry now requires Rifling instead of Military Science and has a strength of 40 (up from 34)
- Fixed Fasil Ghebbi crash
- Fixed Manor not providing a boost to great person generations
- Removed duplicate effects for Topkapi Palace and Wat Phra Kaew
- Updated default unit AIs for naval units
- Updated Ship of the Line text to reflect its position as a naval melee unit

Direct link here or Steam Workshop should be live now

Looks good, but I have a few suggestions for this mod:

1) There is no building or wonder that has any effect on food / population. Adding a whole extra age, and another happiness building, you'd think there could be a simple +5 food building, such as a Restaurant.

2) Versailles: increasing the length of the "We love the king" day is very lackluster, and utterly useless when you have all luxuries anyway, which in most games you will eventually have through cities and trades. It doesn't even have any decent passive values. It sucks, plain and simple.

3) Change to Hospital: +2 food. If a city is captured the population will be reduced by 25% instead of half. Grants immunity to sickness caused by Saboteurs.

4) new unit: Saboteur: 4 movement Civilian unit enters lands freely. Poisons water wells and spreads sickness in target city, reducing the population by 1. Expended if caught. 50% chance to get caught. Causes war if caught. Steals a bit of gold and puts the city into resistance for 1 turn.

5) new unit: War Baloon: Enlightenment Era flying unit. Drops explosives on cities and units. It should probably be free range like the helicopter gunship, withdraw on melee, 3 movement, floats over mountains. Would be nice if it floats over water instead of embarking. Ranged unit. Range: 1

6) Barrage Baloon: Upgrade for War Baloon. Better combat and ranged strength. Defends against enemy aircraft when stationed in cities. Helps defend units like an early anti aircraft gun. 4 Movement.

7) New Religious Unit: Athiest. Similar to Archaeologist. Can only be built, city must have a Public School. Reduces religious followers in target city by same amount a missionary would add them. 4 movement. 2 Uses. It's basically a non religion missionary unit. Doesn't work on Holy Cities or cities with inquisitors.

8) Plague Missile: damages city and reduces population by 1. A city with a hospital is immune to the population reduction.

9) UFO: Information era upgrade for Helicopter Gunship. 12 Range. 90 Strength. Fly over mountains, cannot capture cities. Move after attacking. Withdraw on Melee. Good at fighting giant death robots, which are the final upgrade for tanks.

UFO cannot plunder. Instead it makes special improvement: Crop Circle. +1 Culture and +1 faith. May only be built on flat terrain. It can capture (Abduct) civilians.

Another issue is that you have to wait until the industrial age to buy great people with Faith. I fear that adding this age would set that feature too late in the game to be useful. As such, it would be better if the game stopped forcing you to buy prophets during the enlightenment era.

Ideologies also get pushed back farther into the game. I never get resettlement as it is, seeing as all my cities are already built by then. To fix this, just get rid of the 3 factory requirement so that everyone gets ideologies upon entering the industrial age, or require 3 of Enlightenment Era building.

I feel like this was only really done because Factories aren't all that great. At least not when they first become available.
Coal is usually somewhat rare, and their maintenance cost is high. This and getting you to burn a lot of gold.

Last edited:
Looks good, but I have a few suggestions for this mod:

3) Change to Hospital: +2 food. If a city is captured the population will be reduced by 25% instead of half. Grants immunity to sickness caused by Saboteurs.

Hospitals aren't gonna save anyone who is just killed during a sacking.
Also you're debuffing Hospitals... which are so hard to justify buying, and impossible to justify building.

4) new unit: Saboteur: 4 movement Civilian unit enters lands freely. Poisons water wells and spreads sickness in target city, reducing the population by 1. Expended if caught. 50% chance to get caught. Causes war if caught. Steals a bit of gold and puts the city into resistance for 1 turn.

5) new unit: War Baloon: Enlightenment Era flying unit. Drops explosives on cities and units. It should probably be free range like the helicopter gunship, withdraw on melee, 3 movement, floats over mountains. Would be nice if it floats over water instead of embarking. Ranged unit. Range: 1

6) Barrage Baloon: Upgrade for War Baloon. Better combat and ranged strength. Defends against enemy aircraft when stationed in cities. Helps defend units like an early anti aircraft gun. 4 Movement.

7) New Religious Unit: Athiest. Similar to Archaeologist. Can only be built, city must have a Public School. Reduces religious followers in target city by same amount a missionary would add them. 4 movement. 2 Uses. It's basically a non religion missionary unit. Doesn't work on Holy Cities or cities with inquisitors.

8) Plague Missile: damages city and reduces population by 1. A city with a hospital is immune to the population reduction.

9) UFO: Information era upgrade for Helicopter Gunship. 12 Range. 90 Strength. Fly over mountains, cannot capture cities. Move after attacking. Withdraw on Melee. Good at fighting giant death robots, which are the final upgrade for tanks.
Sir this is the thread for Enlightenment Era

Um, yeah I know what it is. Did you know it makes changes to units and stuff in other eras? Alrightly then...
Just some ideas, maybe not all of them so good.

Does everyone immediately die during a city capture, or do critically injured pile up, some of which could potentially be saved, if there were a...
What's the word here... you know.... some place that tends to people who are critically injured... A bath house. that's it!

Eureka, win the internets!

Top Bottom