• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The ew JNES - The Civil War

wow, was reading through the UKNES4 thread and just remembered that i hadnt done orders for this game today. came back here and remembered that this is an extended turn :)

Jason, any luck with that map? and im still curious about my bombardment of territory 8.

Im sorry everyone, but I cant find the time to mod this anymore, plus to me it was more like work, not fun. :). Anyways, Roddy, that bombardment did fail...

Also, I made this game a little one sided towards Navajo, as the Sioux were supposed to be there, but it was a little crowded. It was cool to see, however, an underdog like Confederates come out victorius.

-Jason

hey was, too!
i would offer to take over the modding for this thing, but i think im the last person to trust with it considering im one of the 'superpowers'.

Trader/Warrior: I'm afraid the Confederates did beat the Union. When it ended we had a lot more money, and despite the map not showing it, enough armies nearby to retake Richmond without a thought.

But good game, just never trust someone by leaving the border undefended :p

Roddy, I'd trust you...

Nemesis

well, i gonna assume that no one is gonna pick up the modding on this thing, so its dead. so:

UK you would have had quite a fight on your hands with the Union. i was gonna strat funding his war against you. this turn i was gonna buy territory 16 and if i couldhave convinced mexico not to attack 15, i would have bought that from Union next turn too. he's got the fleet to keep bombing you, and with my cash could build the armies to hurt you quite a bit if not take the southern side of your country.

i was gonna scream and yell at mexico to declare war on Columbia for his attack agains the Confederacy and then:
if mexico goes to war with columbia, backstab him after a couple of turns.
if he refuses to go to war with columbia then i would have to fight him strait on, but since im MUCH bigger i think i would have had no problems there.

my only consern would have been that the Northern countries could combine forces to knock me down a notch, but with the eskimos gaining so much from our combined war on canada, i think i could have gotten the Eskimos to war with the rest of the north and leave me alone up there (after i take 10 and maybe 11 with the armies i still have up there)

Kennelly, would you have gone to war with Columbia?
Dexter, would you have taken the north for yourself, or tried to attack me when you saw that i was taking over the south?

i know that i could only do all this causet the map was definately in my favor, but to tell you the truth if all of you had done the initial 3 to 5 moves right i would not have been this big.

mexico should have taken hawaii. union and confederacy should have both gone west from the start(actualy they should have started more to the west). the canadians should have headed strait down.
i would have been squized from all sides like everyone else, and not been able to grab anywhere near the land that i did.

oh, by the way, jason when you said you were going to introduce pirates to the game, i was sure that it was to curb my expantion to hawaii. what happened to the pirates?

I no longer trust you :p

Anyway, I did have enough armies there to retake my capital within 2 turns at any cost(I could have brought at least 10 armies against Richmond within 2 turns, perhaps even more), and once I retook that the Union would have no way of building troops.

Then I was going to take Cuba, and make the Columbians offer peace by taking their capital if needed.

Then I was coming after you lol, cause I guessed you were up to something when you PMed me all innocent lol.

Nemesis

Well my intention was to control the North eventually. Then setting my sights on the south after I'd built my army up enough. It would have been an excellant war to play but nevermind :D

so:
i was right about the Eskimos, they would take on Vikings and quibeck before turning on me!!! YES!!!

UK, i think you would have had a LOT of problems taking richmond. this turn i would have given 17 gold to Union for territory 16(or 15, the top one with the town).
so this turn he trader/warrior would have built like 8 or 9 amries in richmond.
next turn he could transport those armies(or some of them) to attack Washington, but again have a bunch of gold from me to build defencive forces in Richmond. If mexico took the other Union province in the north i would have probably GIVEN money to the union just to keep you occupied.

his supperior fleet would have been a BIG factor, cause it gives him a VERY big manuvurability advantage.

im curious what Mexico would have done in all this. i consider him the last major power who hasnt said what his intentions would have been.
Kennelly come on tell us your plans.

Jason i gonna hold a grudge against you for a while for terminating this thing at such an interesting point. /jk ;)
i think that the worst problem of this NES was definatly that people didnt send orders, and when they did some were wrong.
i understand why you quit this thing, i wouldnt be able to control 3-5 nations all the time either.

Trader/Warrior, i commend you on you 'stick to it ness'. even with the way UK was choping at you.

Hmm,my plans?

Well obviously I wanted to take 15 and 16 from Union.For a moment I thought about taking the western half of the Confederates in a sneak attack but I was afraid Navajo would help him.I I had known Roddy wanted to support Union I would probably have attacked Confederates.If there were no war with Confederacy I would then have turned on Colombia,still hoping Navajo were too busy with fighting Canadians and possibly one of USA/CSA.I think I would only have taken on Navajo if all others had been gone.

I feel bad for terminating this now! Thanks a lot! lol, no, im just a terrible mod at these games, I only went ONE turn where there wasnt a mistake. Plus, it takes WAY to much time, and after about two or three turns, it turns into a chore that I dont look forward too :) Dont worry, this will be my last NES so not to quit aburptly on you guys again :)

Also, I noticed Roddy and Erez went to Horizon with me and Toasty, eh? Well, this aught to be fun!

Nem: Any idea on when it is going to start? I know my mistake in your UKNES4 was to pick Britain ! lol.

-Jason

Top Bottom