The Forever Game (GMR)

My game glitched out. I took my first turn, settle my city chose research/production and saved the game. But the next turn I'm back how I was: unsettled settler, warrior unmoved and I had to do my first turn again. GMR says that I skipped my turn, the ingame scores suggest that I did settle my city as I have 10 points, not 2.

Maybe next year when I move out of my parents house (I'm 17. Bite me) and move somewhere where I can get unlimited internet data plan, I would join in. By then you would be 1/3 through your first game and I will have to wait a few more years :b

This would be like being the president of a real country! I LOVE THE IDEA

I think you should use a Earth map for this, that would be pretty realistic. But ban completely eliminating someone from the game after say the industrial era, because nowadays we encourage the existence of smaller countries and try to help them grow. (Maybe they encouraged them further in the past, but I do not live then so Idk :b)

I like the idea of using a Giant Earth Map and using real-life starting positions. If this current game needs to be scrapped, we'll start over with that as one of the settings. Dibs on Siam if that does happen, though.

As for my testrounds with GMR + Mods i could say, that one could only use a single mod to play with. Giant Earth Map is a mod but should be loaded as a scenario with GMR...how about Real Name Earth Map?

For our current game, i'm fine so far...anyhow i'd be happy to join a new game if this one is wrecked.

So how's everyone coming along so far? I'm still ridiculously frustrated at myself for not exploring a little bit more for my coastal river mountainside start, instead settling for a riverless coastal mountainside start just four(!!!) tiles away. Very upsetting.

Still, according to the demographics I am the richest player in the game. I've also found a cultural city-state and eliminated my first barbarian camp, which has earned my warriors a promotion. At the rate I'm going, I should be able to bribe my way into some nice extra culture to pop some early policies.

Unfortunately, do to a mistake in game creation, we are running a standard speed game on a huge map, so contact with other players is unlikely for a long while, which kinda sucks because I could really use a loan from one of you guys.

Also, we have many slots available for those who'd like to hop in and play a part in a ridiculous three-year game.

Quite fine on a seperated peninsula. Goods are availible, first barb camp encountered.
Hope to see the game promoted, so the AI will get some replacements.
Have allready contacted Mel about re-promote allready running games in the GMR browser to better find replacements.

As for my testrounds with GMR + Mods i could say, that one could only use a single mod to play with. Giant Earth Map is a mod but should be loaded as a scenario with GMR...how about Real Name Earth Map?

For our current game, i'm fine so far...anyhow i'd be happy to join a new game if this one is wrecked.
New game :) or least another so I can finally get in at the start of a GMR game.

I am actually thinking about joining it soon instead of when I said above.

Let me know when you make up your mind, Nuke. I'll send you an invite to replace one of the AIs.

Alright I have a question, is this game vanilla, or G&K?

Sorry forgot the settings, I read the OP again. Alright now the last thing.. I will download the Gight multiplayer robot if the file size isn't too large (I have a limited data plan :b)

If anyone's interested, we need a new Byzantine.

@replacement player: The Byzantine Empire is in excellent conditions. 2nd city founded on my middle sized island. Am alone ecept one CS and could found about 3 further cities without need to cross the sea. All is balanced, my 2 cities are river-cities plus open sea with hills arround and up for further development. No other contacts yet.

Sooo...I hope this doesn't count as necro :crazyeye:

Still, the game is still going on, but with a distressing lack of human players...there's 3 of us, plus 1 who seems to be on a permanent vacation, and 11 surviving civs :eek:
So, 7 free spots. The Netherlands are dead, but America, Egypt, Byzantium and Sweden are all fairly big and successful from what I can see. Not sure about the others as I haven't met them yet.

If you like to join long ongoing games, and steer a wayward AI civ to success, this is for you ;)

My advise is to invite active GMR players from the 1st page of its score rating. You probably get your players ASAP that way.

Top Bottom