1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The game cheats

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by ew0054, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ew0054

ew0054 Troll Extraordinaire

Ok a Jet Fighter has a 70% chance of intercepting enemies. Why is it that every time I attack they intercept me but mine never intercept theirs???

2. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

You've put your fighters to intercept mission?

Fighters don't intercept, if only based in a given city.

3. sirtommygunn

sirtommygunn Emperor

:badcomp: yes i do agree this game cheats in one game i scouted out sombody i was about to declare war on i see a weak city on my boarders and i decide ill hit that first and as soon as i declare war i can still see the city and they have just gotton 5 more units into the city when there were no cities/units anywhere near that one

4. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

I'd guess either you've not got them on intercept, or you're unlucky. The AI uses the same random number generator as you do.

How are you testing it? Have you tested it?

Very easy to check using the world builder. I'd guess it just got lucky and was sending troops there anyway.

5. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

I once saw a Aztec jaguar attack a barb city. It won on each of the 3 attacks and got promoted 3 times. If my unit had attacked it would of lost. How does a half power aztec unit do so much better. Hmmmm

6. AsnoT

AsnoT Mostly Civilized

heh, it cheats in even more obvious ways - i found a city built in the tundra/ice region way up north, for which the AI had carefully terraformed a nice plains field exactly the size of the city resources. very useful once captured.

7. DSChapin

DSChapin Warlord

The AI does actually get specific anti-barbarian bonuses (depending on play level), so you will see them do ridiculously well in combat against barbarians on the higher levels.

8. Pantastic

Pantastic King

That's not a cheat, that's just the starting location generator. It does the same thing for you if you end up with a start in tundra.

9. Ferrum Rex

Ferrum Rex Warlord

By the same coin,ive seen some pretty amazing wins for my troops. Probabilities going in .5, and i won,sometimes even in a row. Usually from troops just kamikazing to soften to enemy.