The Golden Empire

Yes, and that's just what I do! I played on heaps, and there's some good and bad things happening....

Update coming in about 20 mins...

The culture flipping had caused rift between Inca and Byzantines. Slowly Byzantine’s empire was declining from loss of power. The people just didn’t want to live in Byzantine anymore. Byzantines culture was appalling. It was mysterious that the Byzantine people choose to live with Incan, not Persia. Persia had far more culture then Inca itself. It was probably because the Incan towns were closer to the border, and in greater numbers.

Empress Theodora could not take it anymore. She had seen everything with her two eyes. The towns flipping were taking its toll on her. She had no choice but to declare war on the Incan people (Much of which was formerly owned by the Byzantines). This would mean the second war between the two civilizations. This would mean, the second time the Byzantine Empire declared war on the Incan people.

Their territory upon the world was declining. They were not even controlling four percent of the world’s territory. But now, it has been considered, it has been accepted, the war is inevitable. Will the Byzantine Empire loose the battle in a desperate struggle to regain its lost territory? Or will they be crowned victor?

Soon after the war began, the early signs were good. The city of Heraclea was recaptured by the Byzantine military. The Byzantines had built a few armies of knights in preparation for the war. But most of its military is made up of Medieval Infantry. The knights were first there. Their fast horses enabled them to quickly move through Incan soil.

After the small triumph, it was discovered that the Incan forces were obsolete; no piece of Iron whatsoever was discovered in Incan territory. This meant the Incans couldn’t produce knights or Medieval Infantry, highly valued troops. This was good news for the Byzantine army. The Incan Empire was also backward in technology. It seemed as if the Incans were good at nothing but producing culture.

The Byzantine army was preparing their army for the next attack. Their attack was yet again, successful. They captured Chalcedon. It was another town that they formally owned.

Then Another town...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

And Finally...

Spoiler :

But there was no message stating the Incans have been destroyed...

The Incans still had 2 cities left the the South East area. I recieved one city for peace.

But Now Persia is at war with me. Again.

More Contacts:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Yikes. Too many temples for them! :shock:

For the record, I only lost 2 knights an archer and a longbowmen. :eek:

EDIT: I only just noticed the second last spoiler doesn't work. Fixing now...

Fixed. You may notice that Naissus has a star. It's the capital city now. It produces about 10 more spt than Constantinople did. I know, bad spot for the palace. But the reason why it switched is because the Persians captured it, but it didn't take long for me to re-capture it.

Also, if I hadn't took Inca's land, I wouldn't have horses. And as you can see in one of the pictures, there is Saltpeter in Inca's territory, which is now mine. I also gained Gems and Incense, so this war was very profitable. And if you look at the world map, you'll see much more byzantine territory. My percent of total territory is 9. Before the war it was 3-4.

I've got one question. Do cities flip in war? Because not one city flipped to Inca when I was in war. I know resisting cities flip and all, bu do your own cities flip still?

Fixed. You may notice that Naissus has a star. It's the capital city now. It produces about 10 more spt than Constantinople did. I know, bad spot for the palace. But the reason why it switched is because the Persians captured it, but it didn't take long for me to re-capture it.

You let the Persians capture your capitol? :nono:

I've got one question. Do cities flip in war? Because not one city flipped to Inca when I was in war. I know resisting cities flip and all, bu do your own cities flip still?

Never thought about it, but now that you mention it . . . I've never had a city flip to a civ with which I was at war. I've never tested it, but I'd sure like to know the answer.

You let the Persians capture your capitol? :nono:

:blush: Ok, I was too busy with the Incans and I only used a MI to defend Constantinople. :(

I'll get them back, soon. ;)

Never thought about it, but now that you mention it . . . I've never had a city flip to a civ with which I was at war. I've never tested it, but I'd sure like to know the answer.

Hmm, I might have to do another test. :D

Hmm, they're not worth it. They're only city is like 20 tiles away. Honestly, if war breaks out they have no chance with their one city. They can be my boot-lickers for now. :D

I just wanted to say, that I won't be posting at CFC much anymore due to RL. Yeah I know, for the past 5 months I've been posting here lots. But those times have changed, unfortunately. The story will still be continued though, would I just disappear and not finish my story? Never :D. However, updates will take a while. Sorry. It would still be great if my findings here where added to the War Academy :D.

I'll still try to post a story once a week. ;)

OK. As I said before, I'll still update this story. And now, I've got more time so the next update should be in about five days. :)

Part 21

New world technologies are revolutionizing the way we think. The industry is growing rapidly, faster than ever before! And so is environmental disaster…

Steam engines, ironclads, hospitals, factories are just around the corner. The Byzantine people have a slight technology lead. The other civilizations are envious of this, but never dared declaring war. That is, apart from Persia and the Aztecs, a dreaded foe for the Byzantine empire.

Evidence of this revolution was all around us. People wearing different clothes, espionage missions, different building structures, more technologically advanced ships and troops’ equipment such as more powerful guns.

The change was happening so quickly, yet no one really noticed. It was quite strange.

Not many years ago the Byzantine people had a war with Persia, Persia declared war first.

Byzantine’s are at war with the Aztecs still. And so are Maya, Persia and Inca.

The Byzantines could not get through the Persian borders. Persia had the same technologies as Byzantine’s. Not many lives were lost, but it did bring quite a surprise. In the end the Byzantine’s Declared peace. They had nothing to gain in the war. Persia’s forces were just as superior as theirs. Somehow Persia wanted to get through Byzantine’s borders. So the Byzantines had a plan…

(Military Advisor) “Empress, I have a plan that might be for the better. Now that we recently declared peace with Persia, and they seem to rudely walk through our borders while at peace, we can trick them.”

(Empress, Theodora) “I’m not doing any ROP rape.”

(Military Advisor) “No, not any Rep Destroying tricks. My plan is to sign a ROP agreement with Persia. Since they are going through our borders anyway, the ROP agreement will boost the rate of Persian troops going across the border. When they send enough troops across, and when the ROP agreement expires, we will surprise attack them. They will be at a disadvantage because they will have less troops because they are going through our borders and attacking the Aztecs. The only problem is the war could be over before the 20-turn agreement expires.”

(Empress Theodora) “OK. Sounds like a plan. But I don’t like signing ROP agreements.”

(Military Advisor) “This can be a one time only exclusive.”
(Science Advisor) “OK everyone, listen up. I have with me this. It is called a badge. You thread it through your shirt like this. And it will stay on. You use this to identify who you are, yes your names are on them.”

(You will notice these are more modern names, and I also made them short to save time when typing.)

Military Advisor = Mike
Foreign Advisor = Ben
Cultural Advisor = Sahra
Science Advice = Ian
Domestic Advisor = Lea
Trade Advisor = Evan
Theodora = Theo (of course she’d be dead by now, but the story must go on!)

(Theo) “Why does my name say THEO!! I am Theodora!

(Ian) “Your name couldn’t fit. Only seven letters or lower can fit, but you had eight.”

(Mike) “We have more important matters to discuss now. Theo, are you in on the deal?”

(Theo) “Yes. But I will be holding you responsible for any damage you may cause to our great civilization.”

These pictures are from earlier on, but still in this turn…

End of Part 21

Nice dogpile! :goodjob:

How many cities do the Aztecs have left?

About 18. But they used to have like 25! My cavalry are ripping through their cities while Mayan troops are helping. Persia is also capturing and destroying Aztec cities to the south. That is what they get for demanding stuff from me. And soon they will be destroyed under my command! :mischief:

btw I get most my gold income from trading techs for huge supplies of gpt. Persia supplies most of it though (I don't know if I want to destroy them). Because of that I can support 100% science research and still gain about +30 gpt. :)

Top Bottom