The Great DoC UHV v 1.11 challenge

- Brazil (3000 BC, no SVN)
- Monarch / Normal
- score : 2417
- finish : 1950 AD (virtual win in 1942 AD)

A pretty straitforward game really, although I almost lost Wembley to the French.

The forum won't let me upload the save after victory (more than 2MB) so I'm only attaching the save in 1942.

Attachments

• Pedro II AD-1942 Turn 422 - virtual.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
the seljuks are making the indian UHV very difficult. any tips ? even without them, I feel like I cant win UHV #3. I built the +1 to all cities indian wonder, and still went below 20% a few turns later, despite being at 21%

Have you seen my comment in the paragon strategy thread? The Seljuks are hardly a concern.

Have you seen my comment in the paragon strategy thread? The Seljuks are hardly a concern.

i built my empire by conquering persia and babylon. i needed their religions.

my issue is that after I complete the temple goal, the arabs spawn a bit later. I can fight them off, but the real problem is defending against the seljuks. the stack spawns are just too large.

As I said, it's not the best choice for the population goal.

I started a 3000 BC Argentina game for the purpose of playing Columbia.
But Columbia couldn't spawn since the Maya were still alive !
That's when I noticed something interesting : there was already one great general settled in Buenos Aires.
Thus I decided to play on as a peaceful Argentina, not waging war against anyone but Spain (fighting the initial reconquista is plenty enough to get me a second great general).

- Argentina (3000 BC, no SVN)
- Monarch / Normal
- score : 1944
- finish : 1935 AD

The culture goal is really easy if one runs artists almost all the time in both Buenos Aires and Montevideo (beelining for Mass Media allows to double that near the end game).

The Commerce goal was close. Super Mongolia apparently had alot of Commerce in Khambaliq and I even had to build a windmill on the iron and watermill on the corn to achieve it (could have been avoided if I had switched to Republic earlier and gotten 4 towns in the BFC instead of 2 towns and 2 villages).

Attachments

• San Martin AD-1935 Turn 415 - win.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 36
so i guess I will need to sail to china? :(

Indonesia's the easiest target, but I suggest you take Khmer along the way. Some easy 30+ population there.

If China's strong don't try attacking them, won't be worth it.

Victories are no longer accepted in this thread. Thank you to everyone who contributed and see you in the next thread which I'll try to open soon.

Top Bottom