1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

The "joke unit" is totally imbalanced

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by pi-r8, Sep 30, 2010.

1. teoks

teoks Chieftain

in my game, I was just backfilling techs waiting for my final spaceship part to be completed.

a couple turns later, an allied militaristic CS gifted me a GDR :eek:

2. Drago Askani

Drago Askani Warlord

GDR are weaker then nukes. Just for fun I gifted 3 GDRs to a city state to test this while waiting on my last space ship part to finish. I then declared and dropped a nuke on the 3 gdrs. There were no more gdrs after that...

3. GoSkins

GoSkins Chieftain

I like to play modern starts...GDR seriously makes that much less fun.

4. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam If A implies B...

I guess they're no gundams, just like the samurai don't have those legendary swords that slice through reinforced metal.

Actually metals in general struggle vs other well-engineered metal. Deadliest warrior threw a lot of things at the old spartan shields, and they were apparently well-made enough to survive pretty much any melee weapon the soldier was strong enough to parry, including things designed specifically to destroy shields :/. Chain mail isn't very good against stabbing weapons though, and blunt force trauma can do a lot when armor piercing isn't practical :p.