The Last Rising Tide Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's how it was initially, there was a lot of early beta feedback from people talking about how fun it was to anger the aliens and cause them to lash out at other factions.

They probably decided that was too exploitable so they made alien aggression more specific to each faction.

But they left in the complaints other factions would have about your hostility towards the aliens, which no longer made sense now that it didn't affect them.

Mostly, yes.

The general idea behind aliens was nice, but they need a lot more balancing when it comes to local/global aggression, combat power and spawn ratio.

Imagine if you could actually employ a strategy where constantly attacking your local alien nests might be enough to (reliably) increase global aggression (and spawn rate), making it harder for other players to expand because suddenly aggravated KOS'ing Wolf Beetle packs start roaming outside of the wild areas.

I think that is actually possible with the existing mechanics - it's just hard to fine-tune the whole thing.

They really just need a purpose if they're supposed to matter. Barbs worked, and then fell off, and that was mostly fine. Aliens are supposed to be different, but they don't work, and then STILL fall off (and in many ways much faster), so...what?

You could have ways to control or coerce aliens, or build them up, or maybe feed a hive close to an enemy civ and make them stronger, or have them evolve across the game if left alive (and then give some players incentive to do that...like say harmony), or a bazillion other things.

As it is right now it's actually funny because the game does nothing to incentivize leaving them alone other than "they mostly won't attack you", but gives you TONS of reasons to kill them (they're in the way, you need the energy, quest rewards, science farming, free XP, etc). If you wait until you've got armor with a decent army you can drive them right to red with basically no consequence, and in fact generally gain from the endeavor. They literally exist to be killed, and even trying to roleplay some hyper harmony hippy lover I often find that the only aliens on the map by endgame are in my swarms because i've purged the others for being worthless to me alive and waaay too valuable dead.

Really just adding quests that reward you for good alien relations might go a long way towards me not wiping them off the map as mobile target practice.

There are a lot of ways it could be incorporated into the quest system.

It does make me wonder though if they really didn't make any major changes to the tech web, such as doing something about the harmony tech that gives workers the ability to remove miasma, seeing as how harmony players are expected to use miasma to their advantage.

I do seem to remember some mention made about harmony workers no longer removing miasma if set to automate but I can't be sure.

He's not a developer, he's chief of marketing.

Whomp Whomp.

I don't watch the vids because I prefer the game to be fresh when I get my mitts on it.

However, head of marketing or developer, who cares, I hope the point of my post was not lost on you and that you'll tone it down a bit in the future. ;)

Being somewhat older than most folks here, I'm also not exactly sure what 'whomp whomp' means. Is it like Basil Brush's 'Boom Boom!'? 'Whomp' has a somewhat different meaning where I come from and I know you don't like me that much :lol:

I think the "whoomp whoomp" he's using is onomatopoeia--imitating the music that's added in a laugh-reel when a joke falls flat--cf. "Debbie Downer" on the ancient Saturday Night Live routines, who would make a depressing joke and an exaggerated facial expression, and that "whoomp whoomp" would play in the background simultaneously.

I don't watch the vids because I prefer the game to be fresh when I get my mitts on it.

However, head of marketing or developer, who cares, I hope the point of my post was not lost on you and that you'll tone it down a bit in the future. ;)

I can't really be held responsible if you misinterpret everything I post just so you can feel offended. ;)

I still never got an apology for being accused of critiquing a developer when I was clearly talking about the host of a Youtube channel. :lol:

Interesting how you're pretending that never happened. ;)

No, I don't think I'll tone down anything, thanks. :lol:

You sure that's not gloss/shiny skin on the right side of her nose? Could you find another shot of her that demonstrates this?

from where am i supposed to get another hq shot of her?

Hmm...yeah it's very faint. I really thought it could be confused with the lighting artwork on the skin, such as the lighting gloss on her left cheek and her left side of the nose, and given there's no lighting on the other side of her face, it does seem likely.

To be honest, I don't think the nose piercing suits her, but the ear piercings do.

She also has a thumb ring and feather earrings when going purity. Hippie alert in case it wasnt already obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom