The Legion of D'Tesh (Civilization Module)

Encountered a CTD on turn 1.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvScreensInterface", line 714, in forceScreenRedraw
File "CvMainInterface", line 784, in redraw
File "CvMainInterface", line 1162, in updatePlotListButtons
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 194, in handleEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 2014, in onCityDoTurn
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function onEvent failed, module CvEventInterface

That would be because the files are pretty old, I'm updating to work with FF 042L right now. I'm having some really weird errors with it not recognizing some of the files (The leaderhead and civilization files) so it could be a while before I get it working again.

I updated the OP to say that it isn't up to date though.

Uploaded a new version for FF042L, it should work but note that it was giving me a few problems. If it doesn't work or you see some things messing up, feel free to tell me exactly what is going wrong. I want to see some of this stuff is on my end or if it is a general thing (which it probably is).

When running FFH2 I get a lot of errors from xml/technologies/civ4techinfos.xml
<BonusPrereq>0</BonusPrereq>
seems to not be defined in the schema.

And running FF 042L I don't get the legion to show up at all using only the new file for download.
Tested all combinations of modular loading as well.

Yeah, that seems to be my problem. The Legion module is loading for me without any errors, but neither the Civilization or D'Tesh as a leader are showing up. The buildings, improvements, units, and art all seem to work so I'm not really sure what is going work.

The baffling part is that if I seperate the CivilizationInfos into a module and then load that with the Legion's main files, it works. So I'm figuring that something very strange is happening when I add the Civilization and Leaderhead into their appropriate Infos.xml file. I'll try rewriting those files and then merging again to see if it's just my copies of the files or something.

Other things I've noticed:

- Some of the Artfiles are old and no longer apply
- Buildingclasses are messing up and not working in sequence like they should
- Improvements are actually working like they should, so one bright ray of sunshine in all this

So I guess I'm just going to tinker with what I've got and if that doesn't prove fruitful in the next couple of days, I'll just rewrite the whole mess. I might just do this anyways since a lot of stuff I did with unique units and buildings (a bit) could be done more elegantly through the new promotioninfos that Xienwolf has designed.

Waiting on the new versions, I've got all the stuff mapped out for now. Just have to wait and see what happens with the tags in the Improvement Infos and PromotionInfos. I'll probably also stick to FF because it saves me the trouble of making a ton of UUs. Other than that, I'd expect a new Legion release within a couple days of the new FF release.

Great, it figures that Vehem and Xienwolf release Fall Further when I'm on a break and don't have reliable access to high speed internet. :lol:

I'll need to play a game or two with the base mod of FF, especially the SoP so that I don't end up copying them to a large degree. I want the Legion to be mechanically distinct and I have a few more ideas for that. I should be able to do so sometime this weekend, but I'm absolutely terrible at keeping a time table. Since I'm going to rewrite the entire thing it shouldn't be too bad though, the hard parts will be blocking the buildings and making sure the Legion isn't too overpowered.

Giving a small update (not of the mod :p ) just to say this isn't dead, this last semester was a lot tougher on me than I thought and I never got to work on the Legion before I when back on dialup. However, I have redesigned and simplified the buildings and the units, especially since I had so many units that didn't need to be UUs.

So here's the "new" Legion as follows:

Lord D&#8217;Tesh:
&#8226; Agnostic
&#8226; Barbarian
&#8226; Fallow
&#8226; Wretched
New Trait:
&#8226; Wretched
o Gives the Wretched promotion to all unitcombats except Adept
&#61607; - 2 strength
&#61607; + 1 death affinity
&#61607; + 8% chance to enslave
&#61607; - 100% XP from combat

Unique Units:
Watchers (Worker UU)
&#8226; Can desecrate the land to make Wastelands, which provide + 1 hammers and no food
&#8226; Can only build certain improvements
o Pyre (Health/Happy resources, converts them to infused ash)
&#61607; + 2 commerce
&#61607; Infused ash gives a + 1% bonus to research
o Graveyard (D&#8217;Teshi)
&#61607; + 1hammers
&#61607; + 1 commerce
&#61607; Flatland only
&#61607; Tech: KotE
&#61607; Spawns barbarian skeletons
o Towering Monuments
&#61607; + 2 hammers
&#61607; Hills only
&#61607; Tech: Mining
o Hatewell
&#61607; + 2 hammers
&#61607; + 2 commerce
&#61607; Flatland only
&#61607; Tech: Sorcery
&#61607; Spawns barbarian Wraiths
&#8226; Start with Sentry 1
The Enslaved:
&#8226; Captured in combat
&#8226; Can be added to cities to increase population (the only way to grow population with the Legion)
&#8226; Can be transferred between cities, allowing you to change focus or drain a newly captured city of all its population.
&#8226; Given on the razing of an enemy city
Magic:
&#8226; Binder (Adept UU)
o Can only build certain nodes
o Death damage
o Channeling 1
o 2 str + 1 death str
&#8226; Chosen of D&#8217;Tesh (Mage UU)
o Can only build certain nodes
o Extra death and unholy damage
o Channeling 1, Channeling 2
o 2 str + 3 death + 1 death affinity
&#8226; Council of Four (Archmage UU)
o Extra death and unholy damage
o Channeling 1, Channeling 2, Channeling 3
o + 4 str, + 2 death
o + 1 Death and Shadow affinity
o National limit of 4
o Immortal
&#8226; Lord D&#8217;Tesh (Hero)
o Available at Strength of Will
o Can only be built with the Tower of D&#8217;Tesh
o 4 Str + 3 Death + 3 Unholy
o Channeling I, II, and III
o + 1 Death and Shadow affinity
o Immortal

Buildings:
&#8226; Halls of D&#8217;Tesh (Library UB)
o + 2 sages
o + 30% research
&#8226; Temple of D&#8217;Tesh (Pagan Temple UB)
o + 2 priests
&#8226; Eternal Council (Elder Council UB)
o + 2 sages
&#8226; The Obsidian Spire
o Same as other palaces except
o +50% defense in the capital
o Death Mana, Shadow Mana, and Nightmares
&#8226; Binding Stones
o Mage Guild UB
o No unhealthy/unhappy
o + 1 sage, + 1 priest

My favorite things about the new legion is that it starts out very vulnerable and weak, with 2 str warriors and 1 str scouts that cannot gain XP from combat. This makes two things very important for the legion: XP granting sources, the represent the higher quality undead and death mana, which represents the stronger ties to the death sphere the units have. I think that the increased palace defense should keep the D'Tesh from being stomped all over early in the game.

The next "cool thing" is the improvements spawning barbarian units. This lets the D'Teshi player use a wall of lesser skeletons to constantly harass and cause the AI a headache. Sure they might act as "free xp" but most of your troops will do so until you manage to get your hands on some death mana.

The end result should be a weaker civilization that relies on numbers early on but can get very high raw strength (if not leveled) later on via mana. The Tower of Necromancy is key as well, giving a whopping 2 str to all your units ( + 1 death affinity and the Strong promotion).

You might want to keep the legion from loosing peace with the barbarians or all those barbarian units spawned will attack them. Also- does the palace still grant a 3 ring radius?

I'd love to "update" (totally rewrite :p ) this at some point but right now school is keeping me pretty busy. The files are ancient and didn't even work for that version of FF so no, it's not a working version.

This was definitely one of my favorite projects but it's just too much wrok for me to rewrite right now, and MEM is easier to keep updated. However if I start work on this project again, I'll be sure to give the community a head's up. There is so much stuff in both FF and vanilla FFH now that would allow me to work wonders with the Legion and I'd love to give D'Tesh another shot at conquering Erebus. :)

Top Bottom