• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The Lord of the Rings Online

Hi :wavey:

So I've been playing the Beta release of this game for about a week now, and it seems rather fun. I'm not really into MMORPG's, though I had a brief shot at Guild Wars. I do have a friend who loves RPG's in all forms, and he's intent on purchasing this game when it's realised. This surprised me, as he's quite particular about which of these games are worth his attention.

Personally, I'm enjoying it and am having fun ploughing through the missions. I'm considering buying it, but would be interested in hearing any opinions or reactions from other folk.

Sharuminar - note the sexy hat!

Hey, this is not my fault! I got PC Gamer, like I normally do each month, and this issue happened to have the Beta in it's free disc thingy. I installed it, and now here I am!

Pimpy hat, Kan! :p

I think i'll give the Beta a whirl, once i actually have time to play again. MMORPG were a consistent disappointment thus far, but who knows?

It doesn't seem that different form other MMORPG's I've played (though I'm hardly well versed in the genre). My main worry is that the thing that draws me to this is that it is Lord of the Rings, similar to the fact that some Star Wars games (Supremacy/Empire at War) would be decidedly below-average if not for the fact it's Star Wars.

Regardless, I do love my hats, and I do hope to see you sometime in game Till. I have several ales in my inventory, and I know a good tavern deep in some Dwarven Halls :mischief:

I am mainly interested because of the LotR theme as well. I enjoy exploring the world in these games, and crawling through Moria or hiking in the Old Forest sound like fun!

And your underhand tactics to lure me into the game do not work! Wait, what's this download...?

(I applied for a Beta account. If i get one, we can have some cyber beers together! ;))

yeah i recently got a free thing for the Star Wars MMORPG, I'm Afraid of trying it in case I get hooked and the trial period runs out

also got Knights of the Republic with it, liked it, is the second one worth getting?

btw kan, where da ladies at? :p

first one, yes, however i've read reviews for the second and it seems to be lacking

I liked the first one, I made my character to look like sub zero with light sabers :p

How long's the beta out for? If it's at least a couple of weeks I might try it... mainly because there'd be people I know (you two) and LotR theme.

I don't really know, though I'm guessing it'll end when the game itself comes out, and that's about a month away.

Knights of the Old Republic I never really got into, which is annoying. May have to give it another go :)

[Persuade/Lie] but Star Wars has candy.... lots and lots of candy...

Epic :bump:

LotrO will be going free-to-play this Autumn, I believe, so that means none of you have an excuse for not trying to get your own pimp-hats.

I already have a pimp-hat in WoW, admittedly I don't think it is as cool as yours. :(

Free to play is cool though, might have a look at that. Assuming I can find the time somewhere between WoW, SC2, and whatever other games I'm playing.

Top Bottom