1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The map-creating gods are so wonderful!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Moonsinger, May 9, 2005.

1. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

My apologies, I should have phrased my comment more carefully given my position and 'inside' knowledge:
    I predict the HOF will see a higher score.

I couldn't possibly tell you what the ceiling is for a milk score, but it is over 90,000.

2. a space oddity

a space oddity Deity GOTM Staff

1200AD dominance, on a Huge map..., on Sid... :eek:

800AD ... :cringe:

:worship:

:D

(I'm currently in 1350AD in my Emperor Milk game and at 62% territory and still one AI to prune down to a playpen)

3. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

Our conquest phase ended same time. I assume the big difference was that I started milking after conquest and you started it while in conquest phase. Also Moonsinger's massive worker merging helped a lot.

4. Moonsinger

Moonsinger Settler Retired Moderator

I think the speed is relatively based on the shape of the map. I reached the domination limit by taking Persia, Greece, Byzantine, Germany, and Sumeria (that was two out the 5 major continents and 5 out of 8 AI civs in my game). Kuningas did it a little bit faster because there was only one continent in his game. With a right type of map, I'm sure you would be able to increase your speed quite a bit.

My general war strategies is as follows:
    Since I know the AI doesn't dare to attack my army at full strength, I usually send a couple army of knights or cavalries alone deep into the their territory to cut off their resources and supply lines. Just divide and conquer! Without proper resources, they can't rebuild their forces. Without proper supply routes, many of their stacks will be divided and delayed to reach the front lines. Therefore, I'm able to explode them from the inside out. Of course, the hardest part is to come up with the first few military great leaders. The second hardest part is to prebuild the Military Academy and the Heros of Epics. After that, the war on Sid won't be any tougher than other dificulty level.

5. Moonsinger

I do believe that your conquest went a little bit faster.;) However, most of my pops max out shortly after the conquest phase and that help a lot. Because of that I had no reason for completing the Longvity.

6. Moonsinger

No need to apologize!

Yes, 90K is very possible! DaveMcW probably has already been playing on one of them as we speak.

7. Drakan

Drakan Voluntas Omnia Vincit

I downloaded all the saves for this game last night and spent hours analysing them. I was severely tramautised. What an impressive game. I wish you did some writeup for it, honestly.

All I can say is that you are the one and true Civ Goddess :worship: :queen:

8. Own

Own Grasshoppah

I noticed you had Russia and America on your continent. Did you kill them before attacking another continent, or not?

9. Moonsinger

Thanks Drakan! I wasn't that good, I just got lucky that Persia didn't have any iron or horse. Also the Sumerian had a huge unclaimed territory...so most of the AIs were heading toward that region.

IIRC, the America wasn't in my game at all.

10. Own

Own Grasshoppah

When I posted that I hadn't yet realized that the game you got 88k on wasn't the 4600 domination limit map. In that game you had light blue and brown on your continent, which I assumed was America and Russia.

11. Moonsinger

Since I have never included America in any of my game, it probably was the Korean in blue. Believe it or not, I haven't played any Civ for many months now. Proving once and for all that I can quit if I really want to.:)

12. superslug

Does this mean you won't be sending submissions to the next HOF? :mischief:

13. Dianthus

Dianthus Small but hardy

Of course not, now she's proved she can quit she's allowed to play again!

14. Own

Own Grasshoppah

Somebody better submit a better score to get her playing again :p .

15. superslug

Why am I suddenly remembering dogs chasing their own tails in vicious neverending circles?

16. Moonsinger

Funny!:lol: I'm also remembering an old saying "all good times will come to an end eventually".

17. IgrOK[SU]

IgrOK[SU] Player

18. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

On the off chance that I'll ever get a response to this question...

I see what you did there launching your spaceship. But, in your save you have 135 settlers near your capital. Any reason you didn't kill off Babylon in 2049 (I don't know if you would have wanted to raze or capture their cities), plant up to 512 cities to get even more tiles on that turn and more population, and throw settlers into cities to get as many citizens on that last turn that you could? How much would of a score difference had this made?

19. Stoertebeker

Stoertebeker Warlord

Hey, we can calculate this easily: let's say, there were 2200 tiles left to grab on the map. So 2200*8=17600 points. Let's say you'll build workers in cities with entertainers and full food box, so that you only lose 1 point for lower pop in the cities that built the workers for one turn, while gaining 2 points for happy citizens for 1 turn. That makes a total of 35200 points. Divided by 540, that's 65 points in endscore.
    That was a very optimistic calculation with settlers coming from nowhere.