The Mole: S&T's First Game Show!

Yoshiegg737

Jungo Jungo
The Mole
Civ4 Stories & Tales first AAR/Game Show is Presented to you by Yoshiegg737​

Introduction
Welcome to "The Mole", a game show idea I got from watching the TV Show "The Mole" (No duh), a few years ago. Now, I bring this game to you guys of the S&T! The TV Show was based on a group of contestants. They would complete tasks in order to make an amount of money to add to the pot. However, there was one person who's goal was to try and stop the contestants from getting money, but without them knowing it.

This person, was called The Mole

How to Join
To join, you say that you want to join. Easy, right?

The Game
On my second post, which I will reserve, I will post a save. This save will be a basic, 6 people, small Pangaea, BtS Vanilla game. Everyone who joins will be in an order (Person 1 goes first, Person 2 goes second...), and each person will play the save in order. It's basically like a SG game.

The regular contestant's goal is to, obviously, win the game. However, there will be one person who's goal is to lose the game at all costs; this person is the mole. If the player wins, the mole loses. If the AI wins, the mole wins. It's as simple as that.

There is a layer of deception here. After everyone has played through the save, you will vote on who you think the Mole is. Everybody who guesses wrong will go through an RNG Generator, and somebody will be kicked off the show. We continue this process until there are only 3 people left (2 contestants and the mole) or the game is won.

The Voting Stage
When voting, PM me your vote. Voting ends after a certain amount of hours I will set after the last PM is sent in.

Extra Rules:

Eliminated players are NOT allowed to discuss about who they had voted for. They are still allowed to discuss other things in the thread, though.
You are allowed to say anything in the thread during the voting period. Planning or telling people who you may vote for is allowed
Lying is highly recommended. Do you trust the poster above you?
Only your PM vote counts

When Playing Through the Save
When playing through the save, everyone is allowed to play as many, or as little, turns as they wish. You can play no turns, or play 10. The maximum turns you can play is 10. You can basically say "Next person can go" or "I'll play all 10 turns" or "I'll just play 3". Remember, your goal is to look like your the Mole, while also winning the game and finding out who the real mole is.

Posting the Save
Posting the save is also part of the game. You could take screenshots and give an in depth report. You could just say "Here's the Save" and not give any information on what you did. You could write a story for all I care, just as long as your play the save, or you may not want to play the save, it's up to you.

• No Worldbuilder Use Allowed (Mole and Contestant)
  • Other than that, anything goes
  • Non-Participant comments are encouraged
  • When voting, the mole does not vote for himself
  • The mole cannot be eliminated via RNG

Win Conditions

1. Be first in score upon reaching the Renascence Era
  2. Conquer another Civilization before the Renascence Era
  3. Complete 2 Medieval Era Wonders

Winning
Once contestants complete the win conditions, the remaining people must vote on who the mole is. The correct person wins. If multiple people are correct, they all win. If the AI wins the game, the Mole wins

Closing Comments
This type of game doesn't seem to have ever been tried before, so do not be afraid to ask questions. I'll also be monitoring the first few turns just to make sure your not doing anything wrong.

Signups are open

Roster
1. Mosher
2. Hoplitejoe
3. Red Spy
4. Ilduce
5. Dhoomstriker
6. General Olaf
7. Mayor
8. SouthernKing

Depending on interest, I'm willing to open a 9th and 10th slot

Oh, and the games not starting until signups are finished

We are using Next War; a Mod that came packaged with BtS
Next War can be downloaded from a mirror that I uploaded here

These are the settings used:
Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Note:
  • There are 10 AI's
  • Only Permanent Alliances are enabled

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0130.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0130.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 552
You still have 3 stories in progress.

I shall join!

EDIT - Ian - So? ;)

It's not like he updates most of them, anyways. :rolleyes: :p

For the start of the game I think we should just go round taken turns till a set point (maybe 115ish?)
This firstly lets us get a bit of an idea for the first vote and secondly means that the fact that nothing happens in the first load of turns is got around.

For the start of the game I think we should just go round taken turns till a set point (maybe 115ish?)
This firstly lets us get a bit of an idea for the first vote and secondly means that the fact that nothing happens in the first load of turns is got around.
:confused:

My answer is that each person will play once for the first round...I hope that answers your question :p

Oh yeah, I also got a few questions by PM. So the following rules have been added in the OP:
  • Non-Participant comments are encouraged
  • When voting, the mole does not vote for himself
  • The mole cannot be eliminated via RNG

Eliminated by RNG?

Eliminated by RNG?
From the voting phase, everyone will put forth their vote for who they think the mole is. Everyone who is wrong will go through an RNG and somebody will be eliminated

Oh yeah, I also thought to say who got eliminated like this:
Spoiler :
Person 1?
Spoiler :
You are Safe
Spoiler :
Person 2?
Spoiler :
You have been eliminated

Sure you could just quote the spoiler's, but what fun is that?

From the voting phase, everyone will put forth their vote for who they think the mole is. Everyone who is wrong will go through an RNG and somebody will be eliminated.

Oh, right. :smoke:

The first 50ish goes of a game are really boring though, there will be no reason to suspect anyone.

I will join!

Though I not the best as it is, so it may seem like I am the mole. I am not, I am just a spy.

what mod are we playing.

Also this reminds me of what I did once.

RFC Chaos mode:
3 player succession game, all victories, excluding historical are turned off, your objective is to make sure only one of your countries 3 historical victories is completed

Person A has to complete the first
Person B has to complete the second
Person C has to complete the third

While completing yours you have to make sure the other two are not going to complete there's.

We're playing unmodded BtS.

Top Bottom