The most impossible game setting:

Colonies don't work overseas, unfortunately. And in an AW game it may be all well and good roading up AI resources by they aren't going to trade 'em to you (even if they somehow manage to get the tech to even see the resource in the first place)!

About the resource problem, I presume that if you settler-abandon your capital, then you lose any spaceship parts you'd built; otherwise you could sail around the world, settling on the resources one at a time. :lol:

edit to add:

Also, airfields don't work as part of the trade network.

Wait... OCC, AW, Spaceship only, Huge Pangea (pangea fixes the resource problem.. continents perhaps also, but I don't play that), 60% water, warm, warm, 3 billion (or whatever trio most favors the AIs in terms of growth and production), and you can't use the Great Library (either through building or capturing it... this seems in the spirit of the AW requirement). Even though I haven't played Sid that sounds impossible there, so Emperor, Monarch, Regent difficulty? Maybe we'd have to say a Large map instead.

Sirian's "Finally Ready for Regent" at say Emperor... maybe even Monarch, might also challenge some of the better players.... a regent game for that matter also... with the victory condition of domination.

OCC SS at Regent/Monarch without the GLib is certainly do-able. If you build the Colossus early you'll get the benefit of the extra commerce PLUS tourist cash later on. Indeed the tourist cash will offset some of the lost commerce when you hit Flight.

If you do build the GLib (and let's face it, why not?) that will bring in some nice tourist cash too.

As an aside: typically my 20K games will go far enough into the Modern Era that I'll have been able to build a Spaceship if I'd wanted to. Sometimes I'll build most of the parts anyway, through boredom.

Any map, any Civ, any restrictions, AW.

Diplomatic win. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If you are talking only about settings withing the game itself - and not play restrictions like AW and so on - then how about playing as Hittites, Sid, standard map, Pangea, 80%, cool, arid, 3 billion, raging barbs, AI aggression max, Agricultural AI opponents, Wonder Victory only enabled.

The only must have settings for me are raging barbs, and the largest map possible.

EDIT: :p I thought this said most important settings. impossible (but possible I would say are 3 billion, largest map, huge, arid, not allowed to use agricultural civs, on emporer+.

Well, I started my game - 60% pangaea, large map.

Even for Chieftan, I thought it was taking a while to meet people... oh dear:

Attachments

• Japan_Chieftan_OCC.jpg
    Japan_Chieftan_OCC.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 185
Any map, any Civ, any restrictions, AW.

Diplomatic win. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

SirPleb, GOTM32-ish... played AW for the majority of the game before getting a UN win with peace treaties all round on the last turn.

I had something similar happen on a pangea map I started.

"OCC SS at Regent/Monarch without the GLib is certainly do-able." on a HUGE map?

Almost all Pangaea maps are in fact continents. It is very annoying to get well into a game to discover that you have been cheated again.

My attempt above was particularly annoying as my two MP warriors stayed at home 'til I got Republic, then went off wandering. The other warrior and settler in the pic were popped from huts.

Even worse for a game where I'm stuck on an island, that's one hell of an island to be stuck on! I've no idea how far the main landmass is, but, well....

Question about the "OCC" term. What does it mean? One City per Civilization? Most terms I can figure out, but not sure at all on this one.

I've seen it used a couple of ways:
*One City Challenge -- where you only build 1 city and cannot have more than that; or
*One City Civ -- where you've reduced an AI civ to 1 city.

I love this one when I see it in a game. The guys usually imply that the Civ wanted to play OCC. :rotfl:

Top Bottom