Votes: 13 9.9%
  • Mongols

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Celts

Votes: 31 23.7%

• Total voters
Mayas and Celts for me too.
Celts are just a little GS-head ahead :confused: :lol:

come on guys everybody knows the most powerful civ in the game is the all mightly Random civ :D

Where are the dutch? Their UU is great, they've got Ag, and on island maps, seafaring is pretty good.

Anything Religious for me. In Civ 3, Culture is my most important thing I try to accumulate. I generally am the Egyptians or the Byzantines, since I usually play with random maps, one never know what the map shall look like. UU's do matter that much for me, as Most of my wars are Industrial or Modern, and there aren't many good UU's then.

In my opinion...all civs are great(to deffirent deggres of course) but my favorite for wrmongering are china(never tired celts..there'S somehting i doNt like about early war). For culture, i prefer babylon.

Mayans are awsome, they have the 2 msot flexibles trais there are(neither of theyre traits are amde for only one thing...they can ehlp any sort of player)

I,m staritng to wonder i fi shold go random...i always thoguth all sides in a game we'Re very powerful is used good.

So far I liked Maya and Celts.

On my last large map with Maya, my java throwers encounter so many barbs that by Middle Ages, I have a horde (50++) of free workers and I end up with only 4 of my own workers all the way to the end of the game!:D

Gallic Swordsman is very good too, better than the Immortals due to their mobility I.M.O

I voted Iroquois mostly because I noticed no one else had!

Sorry, but this Poll is already flawed with exclusion of Persians, Dutch, etc.

Anyway I haven't tied them yet but the Iroquois in C3C with new traits comm + agri look very appealing and I think I can do well with them. Only thing is I want to try England first they also look formidable now with huge commerce bonuses from their traits and a UU that actually might be useful for a while.

Looking at results so far it seems the Maya, Ottomans, and Celts are the perceived powerhouses in an otherwise balanced distribution of votes. For Mayas this must be the enslavement capability, which some have already said is unbalancing. Ottomans and Celts seem to have the votes because of their UU's, which I think are not too powerful because they are balanced by higher costs.

Ottomans. Period. They have the best UU in the game and 2 of the 3 best traits (agricultural, industrious and scientific), IMHO...

Scandinavians! Especially now that they're not expansionist.

But I almost always pick Random. I'll pretty much take any civ that's not expansionist. Although last night I started a new game and got the Incans... on an island.... :cry:

Originally posted by Darkness
Ottomans. Period. They have the best UU in the game and 2 of the 3 best traits (agricultural, industrious and scientific), IMHO...

Englands powerful but is somewhat map dependent and weak in the ancient age. Ottomans are very good- there UU is to good? Normal Calvery are great so lets take them and make the attack 8 instead of 6 give them 2 excellent traits and make the UU the same cost as calalry.

The Maya,
Agricultural=more people
more people = more shields and commerce
Industrialous=more shields
more shields= more units(settlers, J. throwers etc.)

The maya have the best trait combo, if there were onther civ like them it'll be great 'cuz i don't like a early GA.

Originally posted by The Last Conformist
Zardnaar: Sipahi act'ly is a 25% price hike on reg'lar Cav.

Still, they're very good. I did vote for the Ottomans ...

In Conquests I'm sure Sipahi cost 70 shields just like a regular Calalry. I might have my wires crossed.

Originally posted by Zardnaar

In Conquests I'm sure Sipahi cost 70 shields just like a regular Calalry. I might have my wires crossed.

To help you uncross them:

According to C3C editor, regular cavalry are 80 shields, Sipahi 100.

Still, since Ottomans are Industrious, the extra cost is not paralyzing. During a GA or under wartime mobilization producing hordes of Sipahi should not be a problem.

My bad I got confused with Knights. I usually don't bother with looking at shield costs. Most of my "best" cities can pump out Calalry in 2-5 turns.

Doh

Top Bottom