The New BTS MTDG turn options

What turn option do you want?

• Total voters
No, maybe a bit unclear.

The pauses are for actual reasons for the save to be stopped, the sequential pitboss is to stop the save not being moved by a team for no reason

OK, lets go through this again :rolleyes: you went from PBEM to sequential turns to stop people playing for no reason ie, the turn player doesn't want to/can't play; so you have 24 hour sequential turn pitboss to keep the game moving. But if one team can't play you suggested pausing the turn until they can play, causing the game to slow down just like in a PBEM game, making people bored so they leave.

If you want to keep peoples interest, then you could suggest that no pauses are acceptable except in specific cases such as the first turn of a war for another 24 hours, for example.

Well done, you just proved my point

All hail the prudish mods

If you want to keep peoples interest, then you could suggest that no pauses are acceptable except in specific cases such as the first turn of a war for another 24 hours, for example.

That is exactly what i am trying to say :blush:

The list the specific examples so that other people know exactly what is acceptable and what isnt? See, this is just the sort of misunderstanding that lax rules will create ;)

The list the specific examples so that other people know exactly what is acceptable and what isnt? See, this is just the sort of misunderstanding that lax rules will create

Well any situation, as long as people agree that it worth the pause, if not then the game can be unpaused again. It could be war, a specific trade deal that needs urgent discussion, RL concerns, almost anything, it needs to be assessed on a case by case basis

Er...but then if a team requests a pause at the start of their turn, it means that every team has to reply yay or nay before the end of that teams turns: if not then what do you do, refuse the pause? Or give the pause anyway...even if other teams haven't had their say?

It's late and this may not come out now i want it (not for the first time)

But I would allow a team to pause it, post on the forum the reason and then if or when the reason becomes invalid the save is unpaused by a general concenus on the forum, not a formal, restricting process, just a common sense approach to each case.

Personally, I find it significantly more stressful to worry about if I'm double moving by accident than if I'm under time constraints to get a turn finished, especially since I can pretty much guarantee I can spare 10-20 minutes at some point during the day to play a turn.

Sure for you, me and probably a lot of other people this is true, but for most people this is not. Not to mention that playing a turn should never take only 10-20 minutes.. This is a team game, not something you can wing without consideration for what others think(assuming you want to do anywhere near reasonable well).

Why would we want the game to finish in half the time with more time for discussion per turn? Hmmm, maybe so we get a better quality game and can start on the second one sooner?

I really don't see why the teams can't just make simple polls on this and then do X/5 majority...

Realistically, there is very little chance that people with previous experiences in the MTDGs here aren't going to want to deviate too much from something that has worked as well as it has.

If a Sequential turns MTDG worked well, there'd be a much greater chance of people being more accepting to simultaneous.

eh hem - wow, I've missed a lot of talk in this thread.

Can I also offer my voice in a plea that we stick to arguing about things that haven't already been decided? :please:

I thought I got the typo fixed in that main post advertisement for this game. :blush: not sure when it crept back in. But yes, my bad.

Many of these things were decided back when there was a smaller group because we knew that it would be impossible to make everyone in a large group happy. By my count, we have about 3 very vocal people who desperately want this game to change to simultaneous turns. But when we had the vote - the 2nd place vote getter was actually to stick with PBEM!

Please don’t take this wrong – but the small group that decided some of these key issues was made up CFCers who have proved their commitment to the MTDG format. I’ve seen it happen too many times where people swarm in, change the rules to their liking, and then disappear eventually anyway. (note: I’m not accusing anyone of anything – I hope you’re all around and active for a very long time!)

Can I suggest that the simultaneous turns campaigners try to be happy that we’ve at least moved the format to PitBoss which will still be much faster (even with the pausing) than PBEM was.

Then you can all stick around for the discussions to start the 3rd Civ4 MTDG and persuade everyone that simultaneous turns is the way to go. :)

I don't think i would consider playing if it was PBEM...

Actually, by my count there are really only 2 people who are vocally proposing reopening discussion on whether the game is Simultaneous or Sequential. There was a third there for a little while, but he's one of the ones who actually supported Sequential in the initial discussions :crazyeye:

And Shame on You, G_W, for not fixing a typo that I pointed out to you - Team 5 may have to make you pay for your mistake :evil:

lord, me and krill = 3 people, azzaman is also for simultanious turns and classical hero and daveshak to mention a few others...

And as you can see from the poll results at least 9 are in favor of sequential and 5 for PBEM, so argue your points as much as you wish but the issue is closed.

11% Thats a majority...

With only 5 teams simultanious turns should not be a problem and it will speed up the game significantly.

I think all can do their best to avoid double moves during wars...which is the only issue with simultanious turns in pitboss.

I've not read through the entire thread and I do not want to rekindle old discussions, but I do have questions about how pitboss works.

Back in C3C MTDG I, I was part of Team KISS and I found it helpful to download old saves and examine them. Is this possible with the pitboss arrangement?

In C3C MDTG 2, everyone has access to the current turn and can dicuss how to handle in-game events (builds, improvements and such) and then leave it to the Turn Player to implement their decisions. Is this possible with the pitboss arrangement?

You can't log in to old saves, however anyone can at any time log into the pitboss server on the current turn(despite waiting for other players).

Is there a way to download a copy of a saved game to examine later?

Top Bottom