The Next Empire

Are we stuck somewhere?

I got it lunchtime today, played as soon as I got home, which was just now ;)

We seem to have a problem. I just received 'The_Next_Empire_AD-0520_to_Ruffing_Bull.CivBeyondSwordSave' but I was expecting 500AD. Can people please check the round they played last time and this time?

Hmm, I seemed to miss out on 500AD as well.

Has someone else played 500AD instead of us?

Re: Emails recieved.

I'm happy to continue on, though I'm not doing much more than sitting in my towns. Given that I am a vasal of Ruff, a win for him is a win for me :) so either way. . .

Given that I am a vasal of Ruff, a win for him is a win for me :) so either way. . .
Oh this is bad ... Star has checked out of this game so much that he doesn't even realize he is a vassal of Calanthian :D.

Lol, i got mixed up. Um, I don't mind losing either.

If I retire, I can't click end turn... do I need to end turn then retire?

EDIT: I'll try that now...

Hmm... changed the admin password, hit end turn, now can't retire.

Should I send the save on and retire next turn or is there a way to do both on the same turn?

I can't use the interface when I retire... does it make a save game automatically then?

Ok, Instructions for Mr Paradigm
  1. Check Email
  2. Notice new Next Empire Email
  3. Clap (or frown) - which ever
  4. Open Email
  5. D/l Attached Save
  6. Enter YOUR password
  7. Change Admin password to super secret version
  8. Alt-Q (retire) - game kicks you out, automatically creates save game
  9. Send save game onwards
  10. Go have a beer in the knowledge that you don't have to play with that horrid grey border color anymore

But I can't even exit the game after I retire... the interface doesn't work! I had to kill it with task manager...

EDIT: On beer #3 already ;)

Anyone got any suggestions for what I do?

I can't exit the game if I retire after changing the admin password, I have to kill it with task manager.

I would say that the game will not let the person who 'owes' the admin password retire. My suggestion:

- retire
- send game forward
- when it gets to me, I will email you my save
- you open my save with the old admin password
- create a new admin password
- save the game and send it back to me

:D It goes without saying that you shouldn't move any units, change any city builds etc ... feel free to look at anything (hint: my West, your South).

I also tried:

Entering old admin password.

Change to new admin password, save and quit.

Load up save game, enter my password.

Retire - again the interface doesn't work. If I quit using alt-f4, no save game has been created either.

Had a new idea (emails sent).

France could take over my civ and retire his own civ to the AI, with me holding the admin password?

ruff_hi is fine with the new plan if France agrees.

@Paradigm and others - we need to get this game moving again or it will die. Nothing causes a pbem game to die quicker than pauses. Either send your civ to StarFox or retire your civ and we can reset the admin password when the turn gets to me.

Top Bottom