The Organized RPG II-Now with extra stuff!

ah so it is :) ill delete merit flaws for time being then and change the chariot racing then update the rules :)

@ice: I didn't want to pollute your bank thread with this talk. In the first RPG, we agreed that players should have four weeks before their land is taken away. I think this is a good length, and think the same should apply to the bank. However, I don't think it should just be deleted. It should simply become inactive and not accrue any more income. That part is up to you and your work, but the length should be increased, imho.

Also, I'm tweaking the land rules, so those of you who bought land before, prepare for a couple of new tweaks.

I also thought that accounts should be held inactive instead of deleting, but in one of the threads I read they should be deleted. Seeing that the person who posted that isn't around the RPG anymore, I think I'll put a fourth post in the thread for inactive accounts. However, I believe two weeks is a good amount of time. People should post or send a pm to me if they know they'll be away. (And yes there are some extraordinary exceptions which is why I'm going with your inactivity idea.)

Thanx.

-Ice2k4

Land Management said:
Base Tile Costs
Each tiles cost 50 gold
Commerce icon adds 50 gold per icon
Hammer and Food icon adds 30 gold per icon
These are the starting costs for the tiles and can go higher.

Tile Benefits
5 gpt per plot plus...
5 gpt per Commerce icon and
3 gpt per Hammer and/or Food icon

Additional Rules
The Land Manager shall limit and allocate how much land is available to purchase. Roughly 10 tiles per 5 open bank accounts will be available for purchase. This is not a strict limit or minimum.
Buildings cost x2 for building on a hill or mountain due to the difficulties of heights.
Private property can be sold to any other citizens for any amount both citizens agree to. Both parties must PM the Land Manager 24 hours before the TC for the transfer to become finalized, otherwise it might not be recognized until the following TC.

Foreign Control
Any tile that falls under foreign control will automatically revert back to no ownership. All buildings on the tile will be considered destroyed. If the tile is re-gained, then it may be placed on sale again. Tiles that no longer lie in our borders, but do not fall under foreign control will no longer produce the virtue point benefits. However, the owner will keep possession of the tile. Buildings will remain on the tile but may require a refurbishing cost depending upon type of building and length of the loss.

Tile Purchasing
New tiles will become available at the land managers discretion, who will post a thread with a list of the tiles available for purchase. Each person lists which tiles they want and for how much. A player must have enough gold on hand to buy the tile. Highest bid wins.

Absence
If any citizen has not posted at CFC for over four weeks and has not posted in any absence thread, the Land Manager may buy back any land at current purchase price. This land may be re-sold to other citizens

Here are my proposed rules for the Land Management. Any discussion?

That seems good, only change was the additional rules part???

Soon as we get the land thing done we could start discussing land conflict.

I find that all pretty good, I believe someone should take on the job of land manager. Again, as I posted in the rebel pub, I will temporarily take on the job if needed, unless someone else is willing to do it. Anyway I think we should get land management going by this week.

Well George was it last time and he said he was quite willing to continue, so the job is his, plus he has written a fair bit of the rules for it :)

I think George will take it...dont worry if we get burned out on teh "jobs " of bank or land manager we can switch off. especially if people go on trips or cant be around the computers. We would not even need to unstick the thread. just post a link on the first post giving a link to the later posts if we had to switch people. That way all records are in one thread.

K thats cool but am planning on holding a tournament when i finally have a piece of land to do it on, to which your all invited! :D

Also what would everyone think of a starting amount of 500 gold? it allows people to get playing straight away, for instance buying a piece of Land and some equipement etc rather than the 100 gold we have now where most have to wait for something :)

5e00 sounds good..th way i can justify this is our characters werent just standing around naked waiting for the RPG to start. They had supplies, houses and businesses. The 500 lets you customize your character by what he has.

Yeh I was just baout to post the same, I'm changing all accounts to 500 Gold before the turn chat and editing the rules to start with 500 Gold.

I would like to ask if I can edit another portion of the rules:

Spoiler :
I propose your first business is free, and is taxed respectivley after every TC.
After your first business you are charged (These will be called starter's fees.):
Large Business- 350 Gold
Small Business- 200 Gold
Service- 150 Gold
Non- Profit Organization- 130 Gold

Taxes will all stay the same.

And you are also charged 20 Gold times the amount of business you already own (this will be called a entrepeneur's fee.) So if you own 2 business' already and you want to make another small business, you pay 200 Gold for the small business and 40 Gold for the starter's fee bringing your total to 240 Gold.

In addition to all the starter's fees. You will have to have a building for your business, which can be built by any of the current building business. For instance I set up the first one. (Builders of Boaring Wallows Incorporated.)

The final expense to starting a business is renting or buying land to put it on. Now since I haven't seen a draft of the land thread, I can't be sure how many business' can be placed on one tile. Your first business should be automatically located without any fee by the government (ruleset.)

Also building companies such as my own should be regulated by the bank and the land manager, so prices will always be in sync with inflation or land prices/business fees.

In doing this, the government (ruleset) does not determine the entire cost of making a business. It also encourages people to start business', while still taking out a nice chunk of their gold. At the moment we have few people, and we need to kickstart the economy and the land thread.

Edited:put in spoiler for easier viewing, and added regulation of builders.

I dunno about lowering the price of a buissness, when we have more people then it will be far too cheap and everyone could be running around with 6 or 7 buissnesses, i think that they should stay the same as they are. they work fairly well so far. I think we should just see how this goes for awhile, its only been a couple of days and we havnt had an announcement yet, has anyone had any luck writing one up?

No leave where it is..the first business is free. Let them earn money to open a business. The more profitable or better business men will get to buy more businesses.

Relax about the land..George said he will post it on Wed...just have some patience and everythign will start clicking soon enough. We are further ahead right now than where we were when Stider left and in a much shorter time. We have more involvement, more people willing to work and no supreme dictator micromanageing everything to suit their own wishes.

I was like you in the demo game when I started..just remember things move at time frames of days instead of hours and weeks instead of days.

Im not complaining about the land thing, I was just mentioning it because I didn't wantto step on george's toes about it. I wouldn't want to add a land part to the bank rules without his conscent or it contradicting his rules. Anyway the reason why I made this change is so it makes a need. And making a need will help the economy because people will have to go and fill that need by going to a store that sells it (hope that wasn't confusing.) In turn building stores will open, and right now, as I see it, there are no needs in our economy.

BCLG, in regards to when more people join and it'll be too easy for them when building business. Since you can't raise those prices. If you looked where I post the government regulates builder's prices. We just raise the building price for business, and that solves the money issue. Believe me I worked this out from all different angles.

Edit** Also I want to emphasize the point of supply/demand. In the RPG (and I'm not saying do this right away + I understand it's slow now cause we only have about 10 people, probablly less) the first week of economic operation there have been, as far as I can see, 2 transactions. Both were by me buying from the rebel pub. Even though there was no reason to buy them, I bought them to help move money around.

I also propose a demand/supply system. Again regualted by the government. For now only involving large business. If I have a building company, I need wood to build houses. There are woodworkers, like robboo, who could supply me with wood. Only thing is at the moment I don't need wood because it dosen't say anywhere that I do. And people don't need stores/business built because it is assumed when they start a business it's already built. And when there business is opened as a woodworks business, whos going to buy there stuff if it's not nessecary for customers to have. See the cycle im getting at?
One thread, one post is all it takes. A government regulations thread. That would look like this.
Please note that all regulations are made up and units aren't correct either. This is for intensive purposes only.

To build a house you need 50 feet of wood.
To build a business you need 65 feet of wood, and 20 bricks of stone.
To build a palace you need 200 feet of wood 75 bricks of stone and 40 pounds of marble.
To supply wood you must own land or rent land in a forest.
To supply stone you must own land or rent land near stone and have one employee.
To supply marble you must own land or rent land near marble and have one employee.
To make a bow you need 1 block of wood.
To make 1 quiver of 10 arrows you need 2 blocks of wood and 1 brick of stone/bronze/iron.
To make 1 sword you need 2 bricks of iron.

So on and so forth, there arent many other categories I can htink of now, but I'm sure they'll arrive. This way it keeps a need for employees and a need for business. It moves money around the economy.

But 350 gold for a large buissness is a months wage, without anythin extra included. thats far too short amount of time.

No, no it's 350, and they have to have someone build the house if you read correctly. There total comes out to about 500, then they have the entrpeneurs fee. Which is an extra 20 gold. Also the need and supply thin I proposed would have them spending extra money. If we do the need and supply we'd have to lower the taxes a little, but it does create a reason for customers to purchase and business to start.

I see what you mean but as an average RPG'er me, i dont really understand what you mean, the rules need to be easy to follow i dunno maybe its just me.

What does everyone else think?

Top Bottom