The Resistance!

CivCube

Spicy.
The Resistance is a hidden role game where there is no player elimination. Instead, each player (not all players, depending on the game) in turn chooses a certain number of other players to go on missions. Each mission must be approved by majority and then only succeeds if all mission members vote to succeed. The Resistance has to be careful to not select the secret spies. Best 3 out of 5 missions goes to either side, depending on the level of cunning and gullibility.

Nine brave revolutionaries have banded together to fight the Oligarchy! The people, united, will never be defeated! The people, united, will never be defeated!

Game Rules

I'm sure there's no way 3 spies have infiltrated their way into this cell. The people are far too honest and true to allow such a thing to happen...right?

Last edited:
Mission Leader Order

1. choxorn - Current Mission Leader

2. National
3. JohannaK
4. Pouter Pigeon
5. Snerk
6. Al Sipsclar
7. Autolycus
8. Arakhor
9. Lohrenswald

Mission 1: 3 players, Success
Mission 2: 4 players, Failure
Mission 3: 4 players, Failure
Mission 4: 5 players, two fails required for spies, Success

Mission 5: 5 players, Vote Track 3/5

Last edited:
choxorn is the current mission leader. choxorn, please state your arbitrary but thematic mission goal to the Field Organizer and nominate 3 individuals you feel are fit to go. You may nominate yourself.

Once choxorn has posted his roster, please PM your yea/nay vote to me on whether this mission should happen. If the vote fails, National will be the next mission leader.

Last edited:
Fellow Resistance Members, we are about to embark on a dangerous but important mission that will aid us in our goal towards overthrowing this tyranny. There is a data center near here, where the government's intelligence officers watch over everything and spy on the citizenry. We must put an end to this at once!

Do we have any volunteers for this mission?

Oh glorious leader, send me, I will do as you command.

(I have no idea what I'm doing but that's fine)

Well, unless there's a good reason why you shouldn't go, Choxorn, I think that the mission leader is the only reliable person to go on any mission.

Choxorn actually has the authority here, whether you want to go or not. We then get to vote on whether or not he's made the right choice. :)

I know I'm all-out for the Resistance. I want to hack into that data center. I always liked those nice UIs you see in the movies, and I bet I can crack those puzzles faster than by typing random code. :)

We can always verbally disagree and then down-vote it afterwards. :p

Well, unless there's a good reason why you shouldn't go, Choxorn, I think that the mission leader is the only reliable person to go on any mission.

I do intend to send myself.

kinda weak not just to nominate some, I think

Well, maybe I wanted to hear a little bit of discussion before I decided who to nominate. That seems more logical, doesn't it? Get a bit of information first, if I can?

Well, you already have three volunteers.

I'm around. So far chox, snerk, al sips and johanna have all volunteered, correct? (and if you'd like to send me I'll happily go as well) So Arakhor and Lohrenswald have posted and not volunteered. So are y'all not interested in going on the mission? If so why not?

Also, rules question: the Spies aren't allowed to communicate outside of the thread, right?

Good question. Mafia and Werewolf scum are allowed to communicate in forum games as opposed to the tabletop version. For this game session, spies are not allowed to PM each other.

Firstly, I was waiting to see if Choxorn had any ideas, then four people volunteered, so I didn't think it necessary to put my name forward. It is unlikely that every selection mission will be approved after all, so there should be plenty of chances to go.

Top Bottom