The Rise of Moraie

Pity... I hate when my CD's break!

My CD is broken and I am unable to continue this story until I get a new one. :cry:

When I can play civ again, I will update this story. Apologies.

Oh no! Terrible to hear the CD broke, although worse for you than for us.

Well.... since you bought the game (legally) you are within the law to use a cd crack. I'm not saying anything more, but that I know a friend who can point you to one if you like. :)

Well.... since you bought the game (legally) you are within the law to use a cd crack. I'm not saying anything more, but that I know a friend who can point you to one if you like. :)

Thanks for the tip. :)

But it was broken literally :( My notorious little cousin got loose inside my room somehow and did some other damages as well :mad:

The state of your cd doesn't matter. What a crack does is make it possible to play a game without the cd (hence, discussing it on these forums is delicate, because it makes it possible to play the game without buying it). All you need to do is download a certain thing, follow a few directions, and you won't need to buy a new cd if you don't want to. (Vagueness was intentional ;))

Edit: Pesky little cousins... It's a conspiracy, methinks. I hope he didn't damage the comp or any other important things aside from your disk.

Two days ago, I woke up and turned on my laptop. To my horror, I saw the words "NTLDR is missing. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to continue..". I asked at the local technical stores and they told me that there's no way to retrieve my data before I reformat the hard drive. Hence, I've lost a few GBs of pics, memories and notes as well as 9+GB of music.

However, the relevant bit to this forum is that all my game stuff (i.e. The Rise of Moraie saves and storyline, plans etc) was also lost :cry: And this when I've finally found someone to lend me the disk temporarily till I finish the story :sad:

This story is officially dead beyond hope. My apologies :(

Man, that's too bad. They couldn't put the hard drive in a computer with multiple slots and transfer stuff off it from there, either?

Great story, though. I was really hoping your post meant it had continued. Hope you didn't lose anything too essential.

Well, that sucks that your CD broke. Is it just me, or do Civ3 CDs seem to die/be broken often?:confused:

I was surprised to see that people are still reading this thread..

On broken CDs, I believe it to be selective memory. After all, such events are heart-breaking and thus are very memorable :lol:

As a sidenote, the original objective of this story was for the Moraiens to vanquish all other peoples, their brave soldiers led by the great Riders of Moraie (though I think it was apparent enough since the beginning :p). However, recently I've had a new CD and managed one Pangaea 5CC AWE Rider Conquest as well as one continental 5CC Greek Knight Conquest. So perhaps this story would have been dull and predictable had it continued. Who knows?

Wish me luck, for I'm going to try a harder variation for my next story!

Top Bottom