The Rise of Russia

The dot map probably should wait for IW to come in. As it is I think either E or NE of that southern cow (with the two pearls). I prefer the E spot as we get both the deer and fish but not as many land tiles...which is why the NE is also a viable option.

I like 2NE of the cow AKA 1NW of the fish as its moutainside and allows a city on the river still 1W of the deer.

You need to load the game from the MODS option screen in the main menu for them to activate. Otherwise I'm stumped.

The dot map probably should wait for IW to come in. As it is I think either E or NE of that southern cow (with the two pearls). I prefer the E spot as we get both the deer and fish but not as many land tiles...which is why the NE is also a viable option.

:agree: I like the E of cow to pick up pearls, NE would have to wait until a border pop or buy the pearls tile.

You need to load the game from the MODS option screen in the main menu for them to activate. Otherwise I'm stumped.

Ok, got the InfoAddict and I was loading from the Mods area

grandad1982 said:
When we have a spare resourse we should sell it and buy a Settler. Try not to spend any of the acumilated gold till we have done this!

Talking of settlers I think we should come up with an official dot map so we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. Send one of the warriors to the sugar site so we can see what is going on there.

Can't sell :) yet, but as soon as we have enough gold I will. I'll play out through IW and then post.

Turn 1-
Sign a PAct of Friendship with Greece, Gandhi wouldn't trade trade OB for :c5gold:. Well 22:c5gold: -> 1gpt+OB

Turn 2-
Advisor says "Your People are not Happy", Get back in my bed, I'll advise you on being Happy!

IBT-
Warrior in the Capital healed up and goes to the NE to fogbust the sheep
Worker arrives in St. Peter and continues towards fur

Turn 3-
zzz

Turn 4-
Capital wb > wb

IBT-
wb nets pearls increasing our :c5happy: from -1 to +4
Call up Gandhi
Spoiler :

Giving us 709:c5gold:

buy settler
Spoiler :

Turn 5-
Capital settler goes to cow/pearls

IBT-
All deals with Alex end, reneg deal
Spoiler :

Turn 6-
zzz

Turn 7-
barb spear pops up to the NE

Turn 8-
Settle Novgorod
Spoiler :

start wb

We have enough to buy another settler or a wb, I'll wait until IW. We're at 5:c5mad: atm

Turn 9-
Gandhi comes asking for DoF, accept

IBT-
barb spear goes back into darkness
Greek warrior shows up N E of Novgorod

Turn 10-
Greek warrior getting attacked by barb galley

Turn 11-
^^
Barb spear returns

Turn 12-
^^
^^
We're #2 on Shiny Things
Spoiler :

IBT-
St. Peter wants dyes

Turn 13-
IW > queue Optics
Moscow wb > trieme (didn't notice the fish was netted, so wb starts

Ok, we have 1 source of iron by the sheep to the NE of Moscow

We can buy a settler to go there, then settle out the rest of the island once our other pearls are hooked up. a trieme would need to go in Novgorod for the barb galley that the Greek warrior is keeping busy.

Attachments

• tRoR_0076 BC-0975.Civ5Save
    575.6 KB · Views: 257
I got ripped on the new processor which was fake. I'll need to go, as I need to save up (again) to buy that new processor.

That sucks. In what way was the CPU a fake? If you've been defrauded then you hae a legal recourse to get your money back.

I had a look at the save and have come up with a little plan of action.

I'll switch the build in the capital to a worker then the Tri. I'll buy the settler for the iron spot. I'll settle in the desert N of the riversidehill. I'll probably stagnate our capitals growth for a bit as well so we get stronger production.

Tech will go Optics (lighthouse's are great for us here) then press on up to Construction as I see us expanding peacefully to start with ATM.

Lets hope that barb spear attacks our drill2 unit on the hill!

No, it was the wrong kind, they misread what CPU it was, and I got the wrong one, I returned it, but it will be about a month till I get a new one, and have to pay an extra 50 bucks. So I need to stop with Civ V. I'll just play minecraft.

Right off I have to say I took notes badley this set. I'm basically 4 turns missing but I'm going to put together a report that will hopefully make sense!

PFT

I rework some tiles in Moscow and buy a settler.
Spoiler :

St. Petersburg, Monument > Worker. We are short on workers and Moscow can't take all the strain on itself.

IBT, Hanging Gardens are BIAFAL.

Our drill2 warrior defeats the barb spear in one hit when it defends! Good work!
Spoiler :

Our WB encounters a barb ship so we run away!

We locate Englands borderes.
Spoiler :

Very close to the sugar and the bottleneck to our lands! I need to think about this.

We meet England.

Spoiler :

They have 4 cities already but then we will soon.

5?

.....This is were some confusion starts to creep in......

IBT Alex asks us to DOW on Liz. I politly say no.
Spoiler :

I've decided what to do about the sugar site. This is going to be smooth.

I buy the Pearls near Moscow and work boat them. I then sell the Pearls to Alex for 300 gold.
Spoiler :

Next turn I'll have enough cash to buy another settler. More on this later....

We get a Social Policy. I hadn't really noticed this would happen my set. i do something very naughty and select a Policy without consultation. Sorry.

I selected Legalism
Spoiler :

The reason for this is that we can go for Monarchy[?] next SP for the gold per citizen boost in our capital. This combined with the opener from Commerce is a great combo, esspecially considering the stong gold tiles we have in Moscow. Thats my reasoning at least.

Optics is in and we switch to Masonary.

We finally reach the Iron city site and found Rostov. A Monument is set.
Spoiler :

?8,9,10,11,?

Novogrod, WB > WB

.... and this is the later I mentioned earlyier.....

Possibly on turn 9 I finally remember to buy the settler! Smooth :smoke:

I see an english settler heading towards the sugar site so I start to move some warriors in to ablocking configeration.

Masonay is in and we start Construction
Spoiler :

?13,14,15,16?

I'm pretty sure this was just hitting enter :blush:

Moscow, Tri > Warrior. We're weak and I don't want Liz getting any ideas after we settle so close to her.

Talking of which, Yaroslavl' is founded.
Spoiler :

I set a monument as the first build. I also brought a tile to deny it to Liz.

St. Petersburg, Worker > WB.

An unmet player denounces Greece.

Liz is pissed we settled so close to her and she drops by to let us know. I feed some honey in her ear and let her borrow a top to say sorry.
Spoiler :

I stop here as we are back on a multiple of 5 :shifty:

Info

Info Addict
Spoiler :

Our lands
Spoiler :

The Roster
grandad1982
cripp7 - up now
CenturionXX - comp isssues
Chimera1804 - ghost in the system

EDIT: Screens are up now

The save

Attachments

• tRoR_0095 BC-0500.Civ5Save
    617.6 KB · Views: 166
Can I say no more PoF or declerations for the time being?

Being Gahndis frined is bad as we what to war this game so he WILL denounce us. This will be a "yours friends found a reason to denounce you!" diplo negative and might start a denouncement cascade.

Greece willbe good allies to fight Liz with later. Longsword rush anyone?

IHT 95
Nothing to do but hit enter (will keep track up to turn 115)

Turn 97-
Construction -> Archery -> Math -> Currency
Spoiler :

Moscow warrior > worker
Advisor says our citizens are :c5mad:
Meet CS Edinburgh
Spoiler :

Turn 98-
St Peter wb > trieme
Rostov monument > colosseum

Turn 99-
Novgorod wb > monument
Natural wonder found
Spoiler :

Gandhi deals ended, reneg
Spoiler :

Turn 100-
We're #6 with Pointest Sticks
Alex deals ends, reneg
Spoiler :

509:c5gold: rushbuy a settler

Turn 101-
Settler goes N to get horse/sheep/fish
Galley get promoted to Targeting I

Turn 102-103-104
Moscow worker > spear

Turn 105-107
Math in
Spoiler :

St Peter trieme > library
trieme kills barb galley

Turn 108-
Settle Sushi Horse > monumnet

Turn 109-
buy horse tile in SH

Turn 110-
Greece denounced England

Turn 111-
Yaro monument > wb

Turn 113-
Greece asks to DoW vs England, tell him no
Reneg pearls deal
Spoiler :

Turn 115-
Greece DoW on England
Spoiler infoaddict :

End here, After Currency go towards Oompas to get our Harbors online for traderoutes with the Moscow.

Attachments

• tRoR_0115 AD-0001.Civ5Save
    662.9 KB · Views: 238
Oh. Got it by the way.

Haven't had a chance to sit down and think about the game yet. Will post a little plan later.

Ok so after a quick look this is what I think.

Tech will go Calendar so we can get the sugar :) then Compass as I agree Harbours will be good for TR.

Moscow will go Lib > Swordsman.
St. Petersburg, Lib > Tri. Can evplore the coast to the west from here.
Sushi Horse, Mon > Krepost. Fast border pops are nice here for grabbing the fish and sheep fast. This will be an ok production city with all its tiles to work. Seaporst are looking god in at least 3 of our cities alreasdy!
Yaroslaval', WB (nice timing with the border pop by the way!) > Krepost (good production and a blocker city).

The rest I'll see what we need when we get there.

I'm going to save our happy resourses and buy a settler for the northern penisular after I take care of the barbs there. Time to consolidate and build for a possible Longsword rush....

wonder hwo the war with Greece and Liz will go? I guess Greece is going to be big and we'll have to war them at some point. Its a shame we are DoF with them. That will be a big diplo- with the AIs.

Top Bottom