The Silence

No problem, it is always good to see new people joining ACs. My only suggestion is to avoid using Arya as an example, his character has more than a few problems and Megs hasn't approved any of his feats. People who have been approved are: SS, Scarlet King, and myself.

If you want to talk to other ACers we usually are found hanging out on AChat or IOTchat depending on who you are trying to find.

Also since Megs didn't include the time that pretty much every AC runs: 5:00 EST. It is the time that works best for the most people but if you are not in the Americas then you are pretty much limited to being nocturnal or weekends if you want to AC.

Ahh. That might be bit of a problem. I am in Europe, and I can't always stay nocturnal.

Ahh. That might be bit of a problem. I am in Europe, and I can't always stay nocturnal.

Yep, basically the only option for most Europeans is whatever ACs are in the Friday/Saturday slot. The latter is kinda empty right now (AI2) and the former is taken by AI2 (although given Sam's schedule it might be more accurate to say it is shared between AI2 and GhoStory).

Welcome to the jungle. And aways remember: 21 to win... or 1, backfire is fun!

I'm going try make my char.

Sadly, by the looks of it, if I join, this game will straggle, and nobody likes that, right?

Sadly, by the looks of it, if I join, this game will straggle, and nobody likes that, right?

Believe it or not ACs are very experienced at moving on without a full compliment of players. Just like a dnd game the abscence of one player won't effect the group that much.

Prolouge/Chapter 1

The Silence Begins

The game started off with the group meeting up on the planet of Bleura, the personal homeworld of the eccentric Count Franklin du Hass. The group got offered a lucrative deal; 1 billion credits each if they worked together to find Eem, a local terrorist/rebel that has been disrupting trade in the region.

After touring a hallway featuring portraits of all the members of the du Hass family, past and present, they reached the hangar. There, the group was greeted with a room filled with surplus XM-40 Songbirds, a one-man transport craft designed to go past surface-to-space defenses. They had a pre-programmed autopilot to bring them from Bleura to Ter, but as a civilian autopilot, was useless in actual combat.

Two people joined the group. A fellow bounty hunter and close friend of Franklin, Trekvon, joined the party in order to collect the same bounty the group was going after. The second person was Sophie du Hass, the illegitimate child of the du Hass family (Although whether it was from the mother or father was not clarified), who went to add a sense of "officialness" into the mission and because her father didn't care if she died or not.

The journey from Bleura to Ter was most notable for the discussion of clouds, kickstarted by Thomas. The Songbirds immediately their descent into the planet, when the surface-to-space missiles started to lock onto the ships. True to Franklin and Trekvon's promise, the Songbirds were too fast for the missiles to catch up with; only Groom's refusal to turn off his autopilot caused any missiles to hit at all. However, when the group almost landed, a green laser-like beam, first spotted by Dara, slammed into Trekvon's ship, killing him instantly. When more of these lights were noticed, everyone bailed out of their ships.

The group found themselves in the desert, with ruins to the north, hills to the northeast, and peculiar sand dunes to the south. After Amrua's urging, the group headed north, but not before Thomas almost executed Sophie for accusations of leading them into a trap. The group's intervention, however, saved her life. On their way to the ruins, Amura located an old sign hidden in the dunes. Although it was too faded to read, it directly led to the discovery that the civilization that once lived here was advanced enough to build cars.

The ruins were filled with tall metal spires, and were remarkably intact minus a circular region in the middle of the city, This region, quickly dubbed "the impact zone" was completely devoid of any ruins, and measured to be noticeably higher in radiation compared to the planet as a whole. Scarlett broke off from the main group to find shelter, while Amura spearheaded a inquiry into the impact zone. Amura and Sophie discovered a giant crater in the impact zone, which the former, after falling in, also found water within.

Meanwhile, Scarlett discovered a fallen building which was otherwise intact. Most of the furniture was broken, but she discovered a room of mostly unopened cans, along with what appeared to be a room filled with broken ceramic objects covered in a foul stench. A sandstorm quickly broke out, forcing the rest of the group to seek out Scarlett's shelter to hide in.

Amura wandered off to investigate further the rooms in the building, while Scarlett, Makiro, Eve and Sophie discussed what was needed to do in order to survive. They lamented the lack of food and supplies caused by the abandonment of their spaceships, but determined raiding the building within the hills to their now-southeast was their best hope to survival.

Once the sandstorm subdued, Makiro popped her head to check the time of day. However, she inadvertently alerted an otherwise-preoccupied rebel patrol to their presence. Made up of a human male and female pair, the man was executed by Scarlett after he attempted to storm the building they were hiding in. The female, already manning the machine gun on their hovertruck, then started to open fire, pinning the group down. However, the sudden appearance of Eve, coupled with her squadmate's death, caused the lady to freak out and drive away. The group unsuccessfully attempted to stop her, and the lady drove away towards the southeast.

The group is now planning to head to the same direction, in the hopes of finding the building in the hills, and whatever supplies are located there.

Thomas wishes it to be noted that it was in fact Mr Grooms who began the discussion on clouds and also that he never had any intention of killing Sophie.

Also sorry for last night, it had been a long day and I facedesked and fell asleep. Yey Europe!

Feel a bit stupid, but where are the ACs actually done?

No problem, we don't actually host them on CFC so there can be confusion. AC stands for Action Chat and as the name suggests they are held in chatrooms. All ACs have the chatroom they are held in linked somewhere in the main post.

Begin recording: Mission Log, Part 3: Initial Landing On Planet Ter.

After recuperating from the trip to Bleura, I was introduced to Count du Hass and the team he had assembled. Following a short debate, wherein he confirmed a bounty of 1 Billion Credits each on the rebel 'Een', he provided us all with a squadron of repainted Songbird fighters for the trip, warning that the rebels were believed to have set up anti-space defences. He was right, and sustained attacks by missiles and other weapons forced us to bail out before a proper landing could be made. Gathering the other members of the expedition around the crash site, I attempted to determine what our next course of action should be, but was ignored as the others blamed a member of the Counts household; illegitimate daughter Sophie, for withholding crucial information. Determining that attempting to reason with these individuals was pointless, I joined with the Boppin - my HUD tells me her name is Doctor Amura Oedan - In heading north to seek shelter.

After several hours we arrived in the ruins of an ancient city. While Sophie and Dr. Oedan attempted to investigate the city and circumstances of its destruction, I sought a sheltered location in the remains of a nearby building. This proved fortunate, as we were soon after struck by a short-lived sandstorm, and the entire expedition joined me in this impromptu camp. However, the end of the storm brought more problems; a patrolling rebel group spotted our Yantra - my HUD says Mariko Sloan- and attempted to assault our position. Although I was able to kill one and recover his weapon, the second escaped aboard their craft, heading south-east. Realising we could not stay, I proposed a pre-emptive raid on the rebel camp spotted in that direction, and am recording this as we walk.

Alright, the following is a list of the other expedition members, and my initial thoughts.

Mariko Sloan. Race: Vahan-Yantra. Mariko has demonstrated the wonderfully human adaptations of the Vahan-Yantra, in that she no longer communicates the entire list of abilities when asked. So far she has yet to indicate hostility, but is clearly capable of combat. I have yet to determine important personality traits.

Eve. Race: Mal'both. Eve has proven to be extremely aggressive, and appears to lack even the most basic discretion in social or combat situations. She has demonstrated a lack of consideration of all scenarios outside the immediate present, and as such I do not expect her to survive long. Although her species is clearly dangerous if hostile due to their innate abilities, her lack of tactical awareness means I do not expect her to pose a threat to me.

Andrea. Race Nah'Cata, or Eco. Andrea appears level headed, but my interactions with her have been limited, and I fear she is ill-suited to this situation by means of her biological restraints. As with so many aliens, her particular biology could potentially be extremely dangerous, and understanding of her people's particular history with the empire means I shall treat her with caution.

Doctor Amura Oedan. Race: Boppin. Whilst demonstrating an admirable realisation of the worth of our other companions, Amura may prove to be as much of a hindrance as a help. She has yet to display any concern for her own safety when faced with archaeological artefacts, and is likely to go out of her way to investigate them when such is not the wisest course. Unlike most of the non-humans, her abilities are not particularly dangerous, but I should be wary of her actions causing indirect harm regardless.

Jack Grooms. Race: Human. Best described as a 'grizzled mercenary', I cannot trust Mr. Grooms when he has displayed an interest in the possibility of taking a larger share of the bounty if members of our group fail to return. With several decades of apparent experience, he may prove to be the largest threat in the group.

Thomas Faraday. Race: Human. A member of the nobility with a passion for clouds, Mr. Faraday has proven something of an enigma. His aggression has been directed both passively and openly towards the Du Hass Family since the opening of the operation, and I fear he may have some sort of grudge against them. On the other hand, if he can restrain from threatening other members of the group, I feel like I will have few problems working with Mr Faraday.

Sophie. Race: Human. Apparently an illegitimate daughter of the du Hass family, by her own admission Sophie has no useful skills. Little more than a child, she shares a certain enthusiasm with Dr. Oedan, which may serve to encourage both of their rashness, but otherwise there is little to indicate she is a threat, and she has yet to display any unusual behaviours.

We're getting close now, I'll have to cover the other members of the expedition later, when I have more time. End Recording.

DT

General notes because I'm lazy:

Group found Gerry hanging from a steetlight. Makiro brought him down, and after a brief standoff, he joined the group

The group found the hovertruck from the first mission, covered in bulletholes. The dead driver had a sheet with a code, 0717-8667-4352. Also a pack of chewing gum :p

The group marched until the dead of night to find the path into the hills. However, since it was sunrise, the group decided to sleep in a cave until sunset.

The cave had running creek, littered cans, and a map with a bunch of xes over the large dunes. When everyone but Makiro went to sleep, everyone had vivid dreams about being in a muddy trench, holding and firing an ancient rifle, before a giant white flash ending it all.

The group then continued through the hills at sunset. The group decided to take a backway towards the complex, but was suprised with a series of IED traps. The group managed to survive with little injuries, and continued on

However, to their surprise, everyone in the camp was dead, covered in bulletholes. Dried blood marked that it was not that recent, as well. The group got as far as the command room before we called it.

More flowery update later probably never. Just don't feel like it today :(

Top Bottom