The Southern Netherlands

Any chance to change the black background on the first one to another color? Black backgrounds are hard to differentiate from CSs.

Point taken. New suggestion for Hainaut's red: RGB 189 56 56 (I like the yellow being the same as Flander's; they have been in a personal union a long time).

As for the choices: for Flanders I prefer the second (the wider lion), for Hainaut the first (the checkerboard) and for Liège the second one (most detailed without the etters).

Again thanks a lot , they look great :).

So, here's the LS for Ermesinde II. I hope you like it. It was good practice nonetheless.

Spoiler :

What's not to like? It's great, thank you :). If you feel you need more practice I can think of a few more leaders... :p.

With all this eye candy I need to hurry up my play testing and tweaking to get this in already.

What's not to like? It's great, thank you :). If you feel you need more practice I can think of a few more leaders... :p.

With all this eye candy I need to hurry up my play testing and tweaking to get this in already.

Good :), but I should probably get back to updating my own civs' leaderscenes :p

I uploaded the next version, same link in the first post. Removed the "ALPHA" prefix from the mod name. Updated the selection screen snippets too. The changes:
  • Some great artwork, of course
  • Unit graphics for the Baanrots by zwei833, plus flags for it and for the Borain
  • Extra ingame messages for Hainaut and Flanders abilities
  • Changes/boost to Flanders' unique buildings
  • Various small mechanic tweaks

Next up are the DOM texts and having a look at DJSHenninger's icon tutorial :).

I didn't notice and don't think you can notice ingame - where there is an edge - at all. It's perfectly fine for me :).

Played a game as Liège over the weekend and will update them a little. I found the idea of idle Kanunnik units during peacetime appealing initially (use them for blocking), but it feels a little awkward ingame. Also I gained the +7 faith mark easily using piety and the right pantheon, but the culture one is potentially slower and has an unwelcome side-effect: honor is likely the best branch to get there.

So the solution to both is to give the Kanunnik (= canon) the option to "join a chapter", adding +2 culture to the collegial church (which will lose the gold bonus) it joins. I will program it so that the culture is auto-added for churches 2 to 4 the AI builds (instead of spawning the unit).

(discussion continued from the Flemish Community topic)

I see you have posted your mod on civfanatics.

Merci! Bedankt! Thank you! Really, I have once "disturbed" a modder for making a Liege mod.
Question: in what kind of stage is the mod? I see you have not yet included music (or am I blind?).

Does the UA of Liege scale according to the map size? If not, I had a long time ago made the idea of giving cities that meet the conditions of being a Bonne Ville the ability to make a perron.

Does the Belfort disapear when you no longer have the conditions?
You're welcome :). The mod is fully functional but still lacking decent art in many areas (though looking good already thanks to the contributions!) and historical background text. Indeed no music has been included. I wasn't even planning to really, but we'll see. It's a low priority.

The UA doesn't scale, but the strongest part is the science bonus, which favours tall empires, so I consider it fine. A perron is in fact placed in the Bonnes Villes as an indicator :). The Belfort does not disappear, once you get city rights you keep them and the ability to build the Belfort. But it does go obsolete at Industrialization, apart from its culture bonus.

Your feedback will be appreciated :).

I'm playing with Hainaut right now. I am in the Enlightment Era. Apparently, their UB doesn't really do much, and replaces the theatre (normally the zoo), causing me to lose 1 cult compared to the UB now. However, gaining just one lux resource instead of 2 happ is terrible in my eyes: I have always happiness problems, and this just makes things worse. The concept of Hainaut looks very good now. Far from OP, but useful. I like the colors of the Borain icon.
You have added Namur as city state. I'm sorry, but Belgium (my country) is not exactly the center of the world. Maybe change it to Kokkand or Lucca?
There are some wrong texts (Liege told me something about Flanders, as Luxembourg also did). The Liegean AI was very dissapointing: he stayed nice to everyone, build wonders à volonté (even when I was attacking) and spread his religion. He almost never had four cities (standard size), possessed almost only gifted troops (kris swordsmen) and only fought twice war (against me a Dow, and I against him later), even if "Super Warmongering AI" was on. He was such a very easy conquest. Maybe make him a bit more all-round. I don't know how aggressive you have made Jan but who-ow he couldn't finish the peace treaties (but gives away cities :) )

Top Bottom