The Spread Culture Espionage Mission revealed

Oh cool, that does look like a good thread to read. I want to learn more about the other spy missions as well. Thanks. This thread actually does talk a good deal about how the spy mission spread culture used to for sure NOT effect tile culture in patch 3.13, then there was a big bug in 3.17 that nearly made the mission useless, then there was a fix in 3.19 and also a buff to the mission. The main part being that it should definitely effect TC. There are good examples of it in other posts, on page 5 in fact.

So I think you can put any doubt to rest that the mission doesn't affect TC. But pretty sure no one investigated exactly how it does increase TC. However, some posters did includes parts of the code that governs the spread culture mission, so one might be able to glean some info from those (it might be too old of code as well). So if you were to investigate the effect of spread culture on TC in detail, I would definitely be interested.

I more want to know the answers to these questions to understand better, as opposed to just help solve this problem in my game. But maybe I'll share some details of my particular game later. Didn't want to hijack the questions with an analysis of my map though, so maybe I will start another thread for that. Its actually only my first civ4 game =). I read more than I play, so far. I like to plan. haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom