The Turkish UHV is too difficult

I'm currently playing as Turkey. One of the requirements is to conquer all of the Balkans, the Middle East and Egypt by 1517. I'm a few years past 1500 and while I have conquered most of the Balkans I haven't conquered past Anatolia in the Middle East. And I have been conquering cities non-stop.

I meant to focus more. You can't allow to build buildins, except a manor house, and maybe 2 guild halls. You need workers and to get horse somewhere ASAP. Then you focus on knights and I you get sulphur in Bulgaria, you also need a few cannons, to take them down to Egypt. Collapsing / collapsed Arabs is a must too.

If Europeans Dow you, that's fine. Hungary is usually weak and Austrian don't get that south. You have to raze Split and settle Bosnia. Also you need to expand in both ways from the get go. But early on emphasise the Balkán.

I concur. There's something crazy with stability. And it just makes it really frustrating rather than fun. I don't like to have to wait 15-20 minutes to even play, and then I get 15-20 turns in and my empire collapses. And I've tried this many times. The UHVs are fine. It's the stability that's a problem.

I meant to focus more. You can't allow to build buildins, except a manor house, and maybe 2 guild halls. You need workers and to get horse somewhere ASAP. Then you focus on knights and I you get sulphur in Bulgaria, you also need a few cannons, to take them down to Egypt. Collapsing / collapsed Arabs is a must too.

If Europeans Dow you, that's fine. Hungary is usually weak and Austrian don't get that south. You have to raze Split and settle Bosnia. Also you need to expand in both ways from the get go. But early on emphasise the Balkán.
How do you solve the problem this creates of lack of economic development collapsing your stability?

How do you solve the problem this creates of lack of economic development collapsing your stability?
It's hard. You need some luck too. If you expand into Asia minor, there is a lot of stability to counter the Balkans. Don't ever raze cities and have good rng with the barbs on the east front. Byz's collapse time matters too. Although you have little influence on it.

I was able to get all 3 UHV, but it was challenging, the 2nd one was the toughest. I ended up building a few manor houses here and there to save the whole thing. Also I waited until the Timurid invasion was over to invade Anatolia and I ferried some troops to Egypt by boat instead. I searched for professional army asap since both the Timurids, Arabs and crusaders have armies mainly made of mounted units.

Thank you all for the helpful pointers. FYI I posted here about my successful UHV play-through on Emperor:

Top Bottom