Leader-based UHVs?

The ambitions of the country in a certain period of time are perfectly reflected in the 3 tasks for a historic victory. Complete task 1 before time 1, complete task 2 before time 2, complete task 3 before time 3. Each goal is significant and all the efforts of civilization are aimed at fulfilling the goals here and now.What do you propose? Instead of 3 goals, now, on average, we get about 9 goals for the country simply by diluting what we have, dividing 3 big goals into 9 subtasks. And after that, you will also deliberately choose only 3 of these subtasks, abandoning the rest of the game for the country, making it useless.
Well, you are exaggerating. It is not about abandoning the rest of the game, it is about slightly changing the focus. You know, 3 tasks sometimes just are not enough. Greek colonization of Mediterranean is not represented, for example. China and Russia lack conquest goals, despite them having enormous empires, etc.
Coded? I thought people were talking about a self-imposed challenge, without Leoreth involvement.
Hey, you never know. Give it 5-10 years.
Well, nobody prevents us form modmodding the game ourselves!

This tells us that the goals and mission of the country are more important than the goals and mission of even its best leaders. The goals and missions of the personalities are secondary, and are only suitable as additional quests, but definitely not to replace the historical victory now.

The ambitions of the country in a certain period of time are perfectly reflected in the 3 tasks for a historic victory. Complete task 1 before time 1, complete task 2 before time 2, complete task 3 before time 3. Each goal is significant and all the efforts of civilization are aimed at fulfilling the goals here and now.What do you propose? Instead of 3 goals, now, on average, we get about 9 goals for the country simply by diluting what we have, dividing 3 big goals into 9 subtasks. And after that, you will also deliberately choose only 3 of these subtasks, abandoning the rest of the game for the country, making it useless.
My point is that the country wasn't actually the same in all that eras. The goals of Alfred the Great's England were different than those of Elizabethan, and again different from Victorian or Churchillian. My proposition simply adds some more flavour. Why do I stick it to leaders? Because you can pick one at the start of the game. Currently, it doesn't change anything. It could, though.

It doesn't matter right now whether you pick Justinian or Basil. Both leaders presided over countries in different situations, and faced different challenges. While Basil was trying to fortify a flagging Byzantium in Anatolia and the Balkans, Justinian was ruling a mediterranean hegemon which was building wonderous monuments and attempting to restore the Roman Empire. So picking him would be a bit more ambitious.

For example:
- Build Theodosian Walls and Hagia Sophia by 600 A.D.
- Have a Silk resource by 750 A.D. (monks stole silkworm eggs from China during Justinian's reign)
- Own two cities in Italy, one in North Africa and one in Spain by 1070 A.D.

Basil goals would stay the same. Doesn't remove anything, adds something.

And as I can't code for the life of mine, I can only propose them as house rule victory ideas.

What prevents us from doing so so that the historical goals of different epochs of civilization are reflected in the historical victory now? Alfred's goals can be represented by the first goal for a historic victory (and it can be combined, that is, combine several conditions), Elizabeth's goals are the second goal of the country, Victoria's goals are the third goal. I like it a lot more than choosing a set of goals for a historical victory based on the chosen leader.

Some thought's on China's goals

Qin Shi Huang focused on unifying China and building the terracotta armies and Great Wall. His was also an extremely militaristic society.

Settle all core areas by X and the area considered to be modern China (without desert regions or Tibet) by X

Build Great Wall and Terracotta Army by X

Build X number of Barracks by X

I'd need to brush up on my Chinese History for Hongwu and Tang Taizong of course.

Tang Taizong possible can have controlling or vassalizing Central Asia as UHV to represent Tang dynasty's influence in the region. He also can inherit current China's UHV of first discovery of some techs because as far as I remember Tang dynasty is considered the most advanced civilization of its time. He also can inherit UHV of construction religious building because of timing.
Hongwu can have some colonizing or exploration UHV as reference to Ming treasure voyages.
I also think that Qin Shi Huang shoud inherit UHV of 5 golden ages, as reference to his desire immortal and rule China for 10,000 years. (Yeah, I cannot explain why I associate this with golden ages)

Last edited:
Here's a radical idea: instead of any Leader UHVs inheriting the civ's UHV, maybe the Leader UHVs should be a (player-imposed) challenge on top of the civ UHVs. You have to complete all 6 in order to win the challenge.

Top Bottom