The Two-Civs Option

Should Team AMAZON vote for the 2-Civ Option?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you look at the double-civ vote in the UN (public forum) and click on who voted in favor of Double-civs, you can see that the majority of the people who voted for double-civs are on Sirius...

This is not a coincidence. Lord Parkin is already very familiar with the best way to play with double civs. He has practiced it again and again. If we play with double civs, we are handing team Sirius a HUGE advantage in this game. That is not a level playing field, and it will not be as fun.:(

That is why so many Sirius players are in favor of it. It gives them a big advantage over us. Yes we can practice and play-test it, but Lord Parkin has already put months and months into playing with this strategy. As I said before, giving a big advantage to Lord Parkin by going along with the play option that he came up with and he is most familiar with will not be as fun as playing in a way that everyone is familiar with.

If we play with double-civs we will either need twice as many turnplayers, or we will need our turnplayers to spend twice as much time playing the turns. If we don't have enough turnplayers or time our team will start having to rush our turns. That will not be as fun.:( Only a couple people play the turns... EVERYONE discusses the turns. The most fun is in the discussion not in playing the turns. Playing with two civs means more time is devoted to just moving the pieces around, and less time is available for discusion. In other words... less fun.

What scares me about Lord Parkin is not his knowledge of double civs, but just that's he's a very good player. Well, I have a group I play with regularly on Saturdays...we rarely do PvP, but Parkin's in that group...so we know somewhat of each other's tendencies :).

I don't have the same amount of XP concerning double civs as LP. That said, I've played dozens of games in that format, and I'm familiar with how it functions (it's effectively a turn 0 PA)...how wonders are applied, the accelerated tech rate (you tech faster against production than you'd normally see), inter-team logistics (tech is auto shared, religion/resources are not), etc.

Our only time in direct competition in this format was a 3v3v3v3 (two teams were monarch AIs), each team got it's own continent. My side won that game via using berserkers to raze 9 cities in 1 turn coming out of the fog...the other side was definitely not expecting it. Having better teammates made all the difference for my side ----> they were people I knew, and we worked in tandem. We also viciously picked on their weakest player. I'd have had the team keep him alive but at 1 city, so that they ate a tech penalty without his contribution ;).

LP IS good at this format. But he isn't the only one...and neither am I. Snaaty, Obsolete, PaulisKhan, and several others have played the format, and high level players will adjust nearly instantly from what I've seen out of others in the past.

That's going to be less an issue since each team in this format will control both the civs...probably the same turn player will do so. It's really not that hard, and only adds time pressure in the early goings...once the land is filled up the difference between the two lessens to some extent.

That would be horrible. This should not be a reason not to attack each other. If for example Chamnix of the C3C MTDG II would decide to join MAVERICKS, I'd not hesitate for a second to attack that civ(s), if the situation in the game requires it. But that's just my opinion. I reallly hope that nobody on our team would have any objections to attack or to ally against a former team-mates team!?

On the contrary...if someone is known to be good = a threat, it is a very good idea to put that threat down ASAP. If that's not possible, at least try to point it away and try to keep it from strengthening too much.

Each team has several strong players at least though, so we're not going to be seeing much cherry picking.

What scares me about Lord Parkin is not his knowledge of double civs, but just that's he's a very good player. Well, I have a group I play with regularly on Saturdays...we rarely do PvP, but Parkin's in that group...so we know somewhat of each other's tendencies :).

Is there anyone in your group who hasn't signed up and who might want to join Team AMAZON?

Is there anyone in your group who hasn't signed up and who might want to join Team AMAZON?

I can check but it's doubtful...I rarely if ever see them on cfc and most are in the long-term noble-monarch range (primary reason we don't pvp is we have massive skill variance, anywhere from one warlord player up to myself/LP). The only ones I know that are active here are already on opposing teams.

Yeah that was you're main point and I get it. I guess I assumed people had a lot of free time like me :p. I guess I was pretty dumb to assume that. Though if you look at it most people seem to spend more than 45 minutes on the forum every day

I tend to leave a tab open on the forum while doing other things.

I'm voting for two civs, that's entirely how I play the game, i control one and a buddy of mine controls the other, adds some variety and additional challenge to the game.

Let's consider this poll closed and the issue decided in favor of No double-civs. No more voting in this poll please.:) If anyone objects, please state your reasons in this thread.

We need to start closing some of our polls so I can report our team votes to the UN.

In the future, AMAZONs making a poll should specify some ending date. Polls probably should not be open more than 2 or 3 days unless there is some compelling reason... but we can leave that decision up to the Poll Master. (I intened this poll to be three(3) days, and put 30 days instead:eek:. So this should have been closed a long time ago.:blush:

Top Bottom